Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Need some advice

I really hate to hear that the BO isn' working for you, but find it curious that neither did the other things you tried. You mentioned that your body temp is low, but never said whether you saw any change in it when you began taking the L-tyrosine and the kelp? I do know that from what I have read on thyroid issues, if there is truely an issue, it may take more than suppliments to fix it and according to BB, it won't work unless the thyroid is.

I never did get my temp up, but still had results, but I do remember on the old board many women having problems with the BO not working when they couldn't get their temp elevated.

I can't speak from experience since I just started with mine, but only from my research that I think Sissy is right in telling you that its really good news that you got the noogleberry. I think anyone can grow with it and you don't have to risk getting your hormones out of wack to do it. I hope you've joined the noogleberry forum and gone through their program pages, because it will really inspire you. I know it did me!

Mel

Hi Mel

My temp has increased a bit - I definately feel warmer (I usually have cold hands/feet all the time) - still taking DIM, kelp and LTyrosine. But it was actually something in one of your posts - on your program page I think - that gave me a hint. I'm thinking progesterone is low as I too have pain around ovulation. I have been using a topical cream with wild yam for the last 3 months but the pain is still there Sad Waiting for my order of Wild yam tablets to arrive.
The very reason that BB works for other women with low temps is why I'm not particularly worried about that and therefore haven't really bothered to keep rechecking temps since the 4 month mark.

I really believe there may be a progesterone issue as well, so I'll be experimenting a bit with that.

I'm glad I got the NB too Smile

The raw material for natural progesterone is usually wild yam but but you need to be careful in your choices because wild yam EXTRACT is not the same as progesterone. Progesterone is obtained by extracting diosgenin from wild yams and then converting this component into natural progesterone in the laboratory. Natural progesterone is referred to as natural because it is the identical molecule to that which the human body manufactures. Synthetic progestins are also made from diosgenin extracted from wild yam but the key difference is that the molecular structure of progestins are different and are not natural to the human body.

There is no evidence that wild yam is converted into progesterone once it enters into the human body and unlike natural progesterone, no conclusive formal studies have ever been conducted to show whether it can effect the body in the same manner as the natural progesterone creams.

All the info above is what the doctors who are big supporters of natural progesterone cream claim. Not being a doctor I don't have a clue if it is the case or not, but felt it best to stick very strictly to Dr. Lee's book when I began taking it, just to make sure I was doing it right. If you haven't seen a difference with the yam then maybe the above is indeed true, it's just really hard to say.

I was also curious if you have more symptoms than painful ovulation? That is not always a symptom that can be put into the estrogen dominance catagory. I would hate for you to be loading up on progesterone in your body without defined need, since having to much of that can be just as bad as having too much estrogen. It's a very fine line to remain balanced when you are having to adjust anything.

Mel

That is so true Mel. I understand that the conversion to progesterone from Wild Yam requires laboratory intervention. This would then make it a "prescription only" product here in Australia.

I am using it for the balancing effects only - i.e. lipoprotein production.
Precursers to precursers and all that.

I copied some information from the site where I buy my cream from - I would love to get your input on it - to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree Tongue

Here it is:

The active ingredient of wild yam is a Phyto Steroid 'Diosgenin' which starts your steroid hormone chain by facilitating the production of healthy levels of lipoproteins.

Lipoproteins are the important key, as they are the precursor to ALL of your gender specific steroid hormones that are then produced in a chain or cascade, that is one hormone precursors the next through a multitude of complex pathways which are determined by the needs of your body at any given time.

So when we speak of balanced hormones, we are suggesting that if your endocrine system is healthy, there is a reasonable possibility that Anna's Wild Yam Cream will help you produce a healthy level of ALL your gender specific (sex) hormones NATURALLY, at the right time and in the right quantity, including;
• Pregnenolone
• DHEA
• Progesterone
• Oestrogens
• Testosterone
• etc.

Do you think it's worth a try? I have been using it for 3 months - no fixes yet though.

My other symptoms you were querying is spotting for 5 - 7 days before AF strikes.

My research that I've found about this is from Wiley Protocol site which said:-

I started bleeding on day 21. What does that mean and what should I do?
Early bleeding of this nature indicates that there wasn't enough estrogen present during days one-12 to make a good strong attachment for the lining. Then due to not having enough estrogen during your peak days there was not enough progesterone receptors in place for the progesterone to hold onto the lining. The one day test of increased progesterone to stop the spotting gives the progesterone a chance to "speak louder” for a day, but if we don't have enough receptors for the progesterone then the lining won't hold. The early period means we need more estrogen.

That seemed to make sense to me too.

Unfortunately, Pregnenolone and DHEA are restricted imports in Australia so I figured that Progesterone cream (natural or not) would also be restricted due to it's prescription requirement.

A doctor did prescribe for me Progesterone tablets just to "see" if it would fix the problem. I was warned not to take them for more than 3 days - which of course got me worried/curious. After doing some research I decided not to take synthetic progesterone.

Other things suggested by doctors: Hysterectomy (I didn't do it) and Curettage (I did do it). No change though.

I'm not sure if you've read my previous posts Mel, regarding me taking SP, Red Clover and I think Dong Quai. I was taking them for the above problem (can't even remember if they worked! - it was years ago and then I stopped when I ran out Tongue) I was taking these things for four months in not high doses - but according to manufacturers instructions and I suddenly had tingles and breast size increase. I thought that was pretty cool (AA size me Tongue) I did not even know that NBE existed.

My point is - I think Wahaika mentioned on the old forum something about Red Clover not working as good as other estrogenic herbals (others were stronger and worked for most people) but also seemed to increase progesterone receptors. I now wonder if thats why it worked?
(I hope I got that right Wahaika - apologies if I did not).

PM alone didn't work, BO alone is not working....(but based on the Wiley thing - more estrogen is what I need??, and these two are some of the strongest - aside from the stuff we make ourselves of course).

Let me know what you think Mel, I'd love to hear your thoughts....(seeing as how mine is so fuzzy) I really am confused as to which way to go.

And thanks for trying to help mate - I really appreciate it.

P.S. Oh, if you need the link to the cream I use - let me know. The product is called Anna's Wild Yam Cream and it's made here in Australia.

P.P.S. I'm 43 - 3 boys. 170 cm tall (approx 67 inches or 5.58 feet). Weight fully clothed – (minus shoes) 60.5 kg (approx 133.38 pounds). Weight changes from one month to the next though - feeling heavier at the moment Tongue Bra size AA

Just another query Mel, Sissy and Emmie... Blush

Are you taking your BB pills throughout your entire cycle or are you taking them on specific days only?

I think that you are thinking of PM, which I've read that it's best to cycle 14 days on and 14 off. I take mine straight through, and never heard of anyone who cycles with BO.

I will mention again that every now and again I forget my pills for a day or so, and I seem to have growth spurts during that time. A couple of years ago when I had good growth, several of my boost came from periods when I took them on schedule for a couple of months, then missed a day or two. Don't know why, but it happened enough times that I made note of it. It actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago during the holiday, I missed two days and on the third when I resumed my routine......I had growing pains all day and they felt so much firmer, even though I was not pumping much at that time. It even happened to me on generic. I don't measure anymore, I just go by cup size and how I fill them, but I'm sure that I grew some when this happened last time.

I would not want anyone to get off shedule to follow my lead, but I would be interested if anyone else has had this happen while taking BO in the past?

--Sissy

I actually do cycle mine, but I don't think you have to. I just do it because I take the milk thistle for liver cleanse during my period and I take enough pills now as it is, so it's nice to drop a couple once in awhile when I have to add others in.

I know that some say you should do a liver cleanse every 3 to 4 months. I do it monthly just because I have had gallbladder problems in the past and I really want to make sure that I don't let my liver and gallbladder start getting a bit congested with hormones and slowing down to reawaken that again since it took almost 2 years of really harsh and disgusting cleanses to fix it in the first place.

PS, I don't know how the report button works, but when I went to hit the reply button, I hit it by accident and of course closed the window as soon as it popped up in hopes of stopping it, but just in case it didn't stop it. LOL, I'm terribly sorry Eve, as you can see there is nothing wrong with this thread and we ARE behaving ourselves. Geez, that will teach me to post this early in the morning.

Thats very interesting... thanks girls. It must be the only option I haven't tried - so...as of now I'm completely off everything! I'll give myself a cleanse with Milk Thistle and then take a restock of my options.

I'll keep noogling though. I might see if Wahaika has any advice also.

hey! haven't been around in a bit... sorry!

i didnt take breaks last time i was on generic and probably won't this time, either, though i may periodically do so every few months to do a milk thistle cleanse just because i am on a world of perscription meds these days so i could use it anyway! maybe once every three months or so cut down or cut out the bb and take the milk thistle for a few days... i don't know yet.

have you tried circulation stuff as well? adding cayenne pepper helped me for a bit when i stalled before. the hotter the better, though, and DONT take it on an empty stomach even if you take the capsules! they burn you up from the inside!!

heya emmie - hope yer doin OK

Yep - I have the cayenne - and found out the hard way about the burning. It even seems to do that if I eat it with my breakfast! Have to make sure I have a cuppa with it.

I bought some GABA - but never got round to trying it. Was gonna finish my ltyrosine first. Got lglutamine, larginine - didn't take many of them though - I'm pretty sure one of these things is for blood circulation - just can't remember which. So many p.i.l.l.s.!

I must say though - the NB is excellent for blood circ - directly on the area you want it too. Tongue

Funny thing though - my stomach has been bloated morning, noon and night - like I'm 4 months prego but since stopping BB - it's completely gone. I feel lighter.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon