Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BCP and breast growth

BIRTH CONTROLS MAKES YOU GROW????
October 11 2007 at 4:10 AM Lost Sheep (Login SaggyBaggy)
I'm hearing that birth control will cause your boobs to grow and the DEPO PROVERA will make you gain weight all around? is there any truth to this?

Miss Monet
(Login friskyflirt)
Re: BIRTH CONTROLS MAKES YOU GROW????
October 11 2007, 7:36 AM

Well, yes, it CAN make your boobs grow... birth control adds estrogen into your body, and estrogen is a key ingredient in boobie growth. Results vary with each girl, though, because our bodies are all made differently. Genetics play a huge factor in how we'll react to this additonal estrogen. Personally, I've never had any growth from being on the pill and I've tried 5 different brands now. I think the most I got out of any of them was some swelling. Though, I guess it's not too surprising considering my mother and older sister are both small-chested (or *were*... funny enough they both got breast implants! haha).

gemma
(Login angel1983)
depo
October 13 2007, 8:53 PM

I hae been on the depo for 5 years. im a 34 aaa and its not helped anything grow but my waist measurement. i asked the nurse at my clinic and she says that the hormone they use will often give you a big appetite. so if you dont watch what you eat and give into cravings then you will put on weight. i was thinking aout changing to the pill but i think its all the same just in a different form.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
October 15 2007, 1:29 AM

I took Diane-35 for my acne for 6 months and nothing happened at all... I was ona break I'm back on it now, I'll let you know if anything happens this second time around but I'm pretty sure it won't. Of course that's not say its impossible, i think certainly for some girls any changes help. good luck

pip
(no login)
yep
October 15 2007, 1:42 AM

im on levlen it took a week of me using it to acually see an increase in boob sizemy boobs are less saggy now but im still getting the brava

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 15 2007, 6:07 PM

BCP sometimes causes breast growth, to some girls, but generally it's those that already have big breasts, it usually doesn't do a thing for small breasted ones.

KittyC
(Login KittyCharlette)
October 15 2007, 10:22 PM

i had no growth when i took the pill. i think i tried about 4 different brands. some kept skin clear, some gave me acne, some made me gain weight. i was on the depo shot for almost 2 years. i gained about a cup size and about 2 pant sizes too! after i stopped the shot my boobs went bye-bye and so did the rest of my weight. id rather be skinny and flat than fat with 'some' boob. i dont suggest birth control as a method of BE. it probably wont work like you want it to or wont work at all.

(.Y.)

Birth control pills
December 22 2004 at 11:43 AM Vivian (no login)
I've often heard that being on the contraceptive pill will increase breast size, but I've not experienced this even after a year. My question therefore is whether anyone has experienced breast growth due to birth control pills and if so what type they took? I know that everyone responds differently to different pills, so I'm thinking about trying another to see what happens. Thanks anyone for your comments.

Weiwei
(no login)
Re
April 1 2005, 3:31 AM

I've also heard so, but I've never tried. I don't think it's worth trying since you have so many other options like herbs and lotions. Anything will take a long time to show a little effect.

Melody
(Login Melody_of_Dismay)
Re: Birth control pills
April 13 2005, 8:42 AM

Hi Vivian,

I am in the same flat-chested boat as many of the members on this forum. I have been on birth control pills for almost two years, and needless to say, I am still flat-chested. I first started out with taking Alesse 28 birth control pills for one year. After that, I switched to Ortho 0.5/35 (a.k.a. Brevicon/Modicon), which I have been taking for almost one year, and I am still taking them right now. Even though these are one of the most estrogenic birth control pills that someone my age is allowed to take, my breasts are still flat. But who knows--someone else might be luckier than me with birth control pills and breast enlargement.

Cya!
~Melody~

Yvette
(no login)
April 15 2005, 10:12 AM

I don't think contraceptive pills ever cause breast growth. For some women they cause fluid retention in the breast area but that's all. If you ask anyone who's experieced this, they will tell you that the day they stopped taking the pill the increased size went away immediately.

charlotte
(no login)
Birth Control Pills
April 15 2005, 1:02 PM

To be honest I realy dout that the pill can benefit you in any way in terms of enlarging your breasts.
As someone else said it may well have diffrent resolts with diffrent people, but I have been on the pill for 5 years and nothing, not a inch.
So i suppouse if you use it as a method of contraception why not see what happens otherwise i'd stick to the herbs & creams.

Dani
(Login danir20)
Cilest
April 15 2005, 2:37 PM

Hi, i used cilest (a combined birth control pill) for 6 months and it did increase my breast size by approximately 1/2 a cup size but as soon as i stopped using it (to change to a progesterone only pill) all of my breast growth went. I am now back to the same point i was before using the pill. As said, it may work for some but the results are usually not permanent if there is any breast growth. It is similar to when you are pregnant, after giving birth and breast feeding, the breasts will usually shrink back to their size before pregnancy. The pill works in this exact same way, it is tricking your body into thinking you are pregnant!!

Jess
(no login)
April 25 2005, 12:28 AM

Hey girls, I began taking birth control pills about 2 years ago to help prevent pregnancy. I did experience some breast growth with them though. Before I began taking the pills, (I am taking Ortho Tri Cyclen,) I was too big for a 34A cup but too small for a 34B cup, but after about a month of being on the pills my bust filled out to completely fill my B cup. My boyfriend noticed the difference by how they felt in his hands before I even noticed, but once he pointed it out, it was obvious that I was much fuller. Since that growth, I have not experienced any more, so i am currently looking for a naural/herbal breast enhancer. I am probably going to get Miracle Breast by Natural Treasures.

Christina
(no login)
My Boobs got Bigger
August 7 2005, 8:38 PM

In 1998 my boobs would barely fill a 32A. I started taking Ortho-Tri-Cyclen and in the first 2 years I don't really think they grew much. But now I am a full 34B and can even wear 34C sometimes. It isnt just that they are filled w/ fluid either because right before my cycle they do fill w/ fluid and are a 34C and after my cycle and the fluid is gone they are still a full B.
I cannot say for sure that the Birth Control is what made my boobs grow, but I was over 20 when they grew to a B and that is the only pill I take.
I would say that if you are just wanting to increase your boob size, taking Birth Control Pills is not what you should do. If you want to not become pregnant, take the pill.

Yasmin or Tricyclen?
March 14 2008 at 8:29 PM Sarah (Login Sarah_8500)
I've been taking Tricyclen for about 7 months now and I did notice an increase in the first couple of months, however it didn't really last. I think I'm still a bit bigger than when I wasnt taking the pill but not as big as the first few months. I thought Tricyclen was one of the stronger birth control pills but I've been noticing that alot of ladies are getting results from yasmin. Just wondering which ladies on here have had good results from Yasmin or Ortho Tricyclen.

Sarah

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
Re: Yasmin or Tricyclen?
March 14 2008, 8:54 PM

I've only taken Diane-25 and that is supposed to be the strongest of all but I had no breast changes from it. However, you are correct that alot of ladies have reported changes from taking Yasmin.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 14 2008, 9:49 PM

Think it may depend on your hormonal state to start with, Yasmin and Dianette (Diane 35) both have androgen blockers but Dianette is very strong and has the worst risks so it's onl licensed for treating hormonal problems. If your hormones are balance to start with you get all the side-effects but if they're not you tend to benefit. The men who take Dianette for a chemical sex change seem to be getting boobs from it! I know Kieyah grew a lot from ortho-tricyclen. I'm thinking of trying Yasmin next but would really like to pluck up the courage to ask the doctor which would be best for boob growth.

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
March 15 2008, 12:58 AM

I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Been using it for two years but I didn't see any growth.

boo
(no login)
March 16 2008, 6:52 AM

i've been using yasmin for 4 years now, when i first used it i noticed breast growth, but it stopped after about 4 months. the growth did stay though.

chocogirl
(Login chocogirl)
March 16 2008, 4:38 PM

I am on the third packet of yasmin and I am fuller ,rounder and heavier than ever.The last 2 days I feel like I am growing.Yasmin has definitely attributed to my growth ,but still I started massages and soya milk 1month before starting the pills and had seen growth so I can't tell for sure if only yasmin did the job.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
March 16 2008, 7:55 PM

yes I had growth on ortho tricyclene but that was way back when I was 19-20. so no way to be sure it all came only from that and not just natural. And it didn't happen overnight either, so I could have just been natrual growth. A few months ago I tried yasmin for 3 months, can't say that it made any growth, also didn't help my other issues (which were my reason for taking it) and so now I am back to trying ortho again. There are about 3 different kinds of ortho. I am taking ortho tricyclene (spelling?), not the new low dose one in case anyone is wondering.

Also note my hormones are a bit out of wack for a few years now so that may have some barring into wether or not something does or doesn't make someone grow.

celeste738
(Login celeste738)
March 17 2008, 5:22 AM

I have done some research on this topic and found that Yasmin contains the progesterone Drospirenone which is a (weak) anti-androgen. Ortho-tricyclen contains norgestimate which is a different kind of progesterone and doesn't have anti-androgenic properties. Thus I'd think that Yasmin would be better for BE than ortho-tricyclen. I am going to try to switch myself!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
March 17 2008, 5:55 AM

I contacted someone at a pharmacology professional body about this and it's so variable depending on how your body reacts to it that it's probably more a matter of the person than what they're taking especially in terms of response to progesterone. Most of the BCPs contain 30-35mg estrogen. The anti androgen you only need to combat things like body hair and acne if you have a hormonal imbalance.

jC
(Login noktrnlcrechur)
August 4 2008, 9:42 AM

Hi, this is an old thread, but just wanted to input my experience.

I've been on Depo Provera, some BCP (I can't remember), Levlen, Levora, and now Yasmin! This is in the course of about 5 years, the same length of time I've been on my NBE quest.

Yasmin - 3 months so far; absolutely no difference in breasts; cleared up my acne! =)

I suggest not to mention you want to Yasmin for breast growth if your health insurance is an HMO.

I am Korean, 19 years old, 5 feet small, athletic build.

tinacker
(Login tinacker)
August 4 2008, 11:34 AM

I have just order Yasmin. I'm low in progesterone and have hormonal acne problems. I was thinking that it might help me out with this problem as well ass prevent pregnancy. And from what I've read here and on other sites that people have grown from it (of course like we all say depends on the person). Anyways, I am taking Wonderup, think I am finally seeing a noticeable but will have to confirm that in a few days. I am hoping that the combination will balance my hormones considering that both contain progesterone, anyone have any more suggestions. I have also been looking into vitex too, but don't want to do that if I am going to start yasmin.

ccgirl
(Login ccgirl)
August 5 2008, 2:45 PM

Am on my second month of use of Tri-cyclen lo. So far, no significant changes. Does feel fuller however when measured, no difference. Did improve skin quality. I'll keep updated on the status of it.

Redqueen13
(Login Redqueen13)
August 9 2008, 5:39 PM

Thought I'd let everyone know, I found Yasmin on the wikipedia page where they showed an external link called "Yasmin Survivors Forum". Seems a lot of people have had bad side affects (sure, lots of people have had bad side affects from many different types of bcp, but others I think, are a bit more notorious.) Always good to know the potential side affects of anything you take. I personally went off ortho-tri cyclen because I felt it made me more moody and slightly more paranoid about my boyfriend.. although admittedly the relationship was newer then.)

Anyways... I don't want to rain on anyways parade, however I'd feel bad if I didn't disclose what I found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drospirenone

under external links, very bottom of the page "yasmin survivors forum"

Halome
(Login Halome)
August 10 2008, 12:03 PM

Eh, lots of people have bad experiences with various birth controls. it's said a billion times, just cause one works well for one person, doesn't mean it will for the next. I loved Yazmin when I was on it, but it's what worked for my body.

The "survivor forum" is just proof that those hormones didn't work for those girls.

Vicky34A
(Login Vicky34A)
1 year on Yasmin
August 10 2008, 9:32 PM

I've been on Yasmin for about a year now, it was prescribed to make my periods regular. At first I could notice fuller breasts, but now not only have they shrunk back, but have become smaller and lifeless like never before! I can't understand.

Microgynon 30
August 5 2007 at 3:26 AM Sarah (Login Sarah_8500)
Hello,

I think I read a post a while ago about microgynon 30 increasing breast size. I know it doesn't work for everyone but I've heard of a few people increasing while on that pill. I've also read that some doctors even prescribe it for that. Just wondering if anyone has used microgynon 30 and increased. Is there any way of ordering it online without a prescription? I would really like to try it, however I do not want to ask my doctor for it.

Sarah

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: Microgynon 30
August 5 2007, 8:11 AM

I possibly grew slightly on this when I was 17 but difficult to tell. I'm on this pill again now but also taking other stuff so again can't tell if it's caused growth. It has done wonders for my skin, pmt and period pains. Are you in the UK? If you are and you're under 25 you can get it prescribed by Brook:

http://www.brook.org.uk/content/

Also I think this pill must be quite cheap as it was the first choice I was given by Brook and then later by the GP so you wouldn't have to say it was for boobs and this is probably the brand you'd get although a lot more people recommend Yasmin as it's stronger. A lot of people get put on the pill for bad period pain or bad skin if you want something to go to the GP for - good luck

Suzy
(Login SuzyUK)
August 5 2007, 5:00 PM

I was on Microgynon in 2000 for a period of about four months. A friend who was on it grew a full cup size from B to C as soon as she started taking it. I, unfortunately, didn't grow at all.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
August 5 2007, 6:55 PM

Has anyone had any growth with ortho tri cyclen? i was just prescribed this for heavy and irregular cycles. any thoughts? thanks.

Black Sheep
(no login)
August 5 2007, 10:43 PM

I've taken tricyclen and tricyclen low and didn't grow. I did grow a bit from marvelon.

Halome
(Login Halome)
August 6 2007, 3:42 AM

I have a friend that grew on Ortho-tri.... She was a C and went to a D... Lucky bastard :'(

I have been on Ortho tri, Desogen, Yazmin, Apri... haven't grown on any of them.

joanne
(Login jo26)
microgynon 30
August 2 2008, 2:39 PM

i have been on this pill since i was 16 i am 26 now and i havent grown with this pill at all. i cant say ive changed size since i was at high school i am currently a 32b which i have been for as along as i can remember.

i have recently started taking wonderup (21 june 08) and have grown 1cm so far. planning on taking it for 9-12months to see what results i will achieve i would like to be a 32d which is a 4cm difference to what i am now.

Birth control patch?
June 17 2008 at 10:40 PM Helen (no login)
Anyone experienced any change in breast size from using this??

Egg
(Login eggiedawl)
Re: Birth control patch?
June 19 2008, 5:44 AM

I've tried the patch, pill, and ring. None of them changed my breast size.

Monica
(no login)
June 20 2008, 10:36 AM

I haven't tried birth control patch for NBE, but I tried it for contraception when it was very advertised in UK. Maybe it works for others, but it didn't to me, it was just impossible to keep it on, so now I have a lovely 2 year-old son Smile

Julia
(no login)
June 23 2008, 5:51 PM

The patch will make breasts bigger for some women, but I think for the majority it doesn't make any difference.

I also think it's swelling and not growth.

BCP for boobs - again
November 21 2007 at 7:07 PM Louise (Login Louise1982)
I know this has been asked before but we've had a lot of newcomers recently and just wondered what people's experience with BCPs has been. I'm taking Dianette and seem to be bigger since starting but I'm doing nearly everything else as well so diffcult to say! Now the doctor wants me to have this for six more months before going on to something weaker.

Has anyone noticed boob growth then loss with any particular BCP i.e. while taking the same brand?

Has anyone noticed the above when switching brands?

Has anyone had permanent growth from a brand they no longer take?

Has anyone had shrinkage? Scream!

Linz
(no login)
Re: BCP for boobs - again
November 23 2007, 9:25 PM

Hi,

Sorry, this doesn't give you any direct answers to your questions, but thought this would bump it up to the top for you.

I've been on Cilest for 4 months and have increase 1 inch and 1/2. Have put on half a stone also.

My friend swop from Microgynon to Yasmin and lost 10 pounds and gain 1 inch boob size.

xxxx

lucyjuicy
(Login lucyjuicy)
November 24 2007, 12:25 AM

Hi, I initially started BCP with something which i believe was quite weak - called Sequila. This had absolutely no effect on my body shape whatsoever, but I took this for a couple of months and then switched to Dianne and have been on Dianne for more than 3 years now. When I first took it I did notice an increase in bust size (but back then I was never interested in NBE) but it would have been a couple of inches I'd say. But back then I was still going through puberty so I don't know whether my gain was due to the Dianne or not. But then again I was very skinny, with a very low BMI and having been on Dianne, my BMI was 18 (and this was after I gained weight on it). Again, I don't know whether the weight gain of a few pounds was primarily due to the BCP itself or my natural growing.

However within the last 2 years I really haven't noticed much of a difference in my boobs and/or shape.

Black Sheep
(Login becky1984)
November 24 2007, 5:06 AM

I've taken three different kinds of BCP, and they all had different effects on BE ... when I was on Yasmin - there was no change at all, for some reason this pill made me feel like not eating so I think I actually lost weight while I was on it( I would not recommend this pill at all). I'm on Marvelon 28 ( it's also called Desogen too) at the moment, and it has made my boobs bigger, by nearly a cup, the problem is, when I use the non active pills they get smaller. I was wondering if your bra size could be permamnently increased by using only BCP too. I don't think that you can, I have a friend who has been on a certain BCP since she was about 15 because she had skin problems and they also gaver her bigger boobs but when she stopped taking them they got smaller and she also lost weight. I'm sure that there might be some information around about it though.

Rebecca
(Login becky1984)
November 24 2007, 5:15 AM

Also - just to add, it says in alot of the brochures of BCP's, that one of the initial side of effects of taking them is breast soreness, and change in size - which is meant to last for about 6 months at the most, what I've found with the Desogen which I've only taken for about 5 months is that my greatest bust size increase was between the 2nd and 3rd month, and then after that it has been up and down ... and probably my boobs are not the same size as they were at the beginning of taking the BCP. But still they are bigger than when not taking them at all. I think that this is because your body gets used to the new hormones.
Hope that helps! I would love to find a BCP which gave me a permanent enlargement ... it probably has something to do with the amount of estrogen and progestron that each one has ...excuse my spelling too.

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
November 24 2007, 5:33 AM

I took Diane-35 and sadly there was no changes...

Cecilia S
(Login CeciliaSpasm)
November 29 2007, 10:05 PM

Hi all!

Black Sheep - how long did it take you to grow a cup size on Marvelon? I've been on it for 2 months and grew a inch and a half - been on antibiotics for the last 3 days and it's all gone! I'm so upset. I am going to try NBE with just Marvelon and massage with borage, fenugreek, fennel and hops, so i'll let you know how I get on! I was going to do this for 3 months, but will have to start all over again when I've taken the evil, deflating antibiotics.

I've asked this q before, but has anyone on BCP had any growth from taking WU whilst on BCP?

All the best,

Cecilia

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
November 29 2007, 10:11 PM

Have a look at the doctor's info online for the antibiotic you took, it probably caused boob loss by diuretic action which means that your big fast gain was just water retention sadly. Often if you have a big gain suddenly it's just water, which is why a lot of people think they have growth as the month goes by and then lose it after their period.

dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
November 30 2007, 2:29 AM

uhm if i may ask do you really *have* to take the antibiotic? it's probably the most over-prescribed thing by far and in like 90% of the cases unnecessary. antibiotics cause massive digestion problems and can give you food allergies you'll be fighting for years to come! if it's for anything like a yeast infection, with antibiotics the problem will actually get worse shortly after you've stopped taking them!!! i hope you've researched your malady on the 'net and know that antibiotics is indeed the only way to go..

Rebecca
(Login becky1984)
November 30 2007, 8:57 AM

Hi Cecilia,

I'm happy that you have had success with Marvelon too!

Generally, anitbiotics make BCP less effective and that's why you have to wait 7 days after taking to have sex again without barrier contraception. At least that's what it says in the brochure, the same thing happened to me actually ... and it took about another month for my boobs to get back to the size they were before taking the antibiotics. So don't worry it's temporary.

I'm using my BCP as a base for my boob growth since it seems to be working for me ... and I'm adding heaps of protein and some herbs. I don't have enough time for massage ... but I might try using cocoa butter and vitamin e later.

Cecilia S
(Login CeciliaSpasm)
November 30 2007, 6:33 PM

Hi all!

Rebecca - you've cheered me up so much! I hope it does come back in a month.

I'm not sure about the gain being due to water retention because after each period I've had since being on marvelon (only 2) I have kept the gains, whereas before I was on the pill the gains I got towards the end of the moth totally diasappeared after my period - so I am keeping my fingers crossed big time!!!

I had to take the antibiotics unfortuately beacuse I have a recurring throat infection that just won't go and I sing, so I need it gone. However I've had to stop taking them now cos after I came on the forum last night I was really ill all night and was feeling sick, getting unexplained, bruises and feeling really tired (which are all side effects of the antibiotics I was perscribed). I'm hoping that this wierd reaction means that my growth will come back after the antibiotics have left my system and I've taken marvelon for a few more months.

Best wishes and good luck to everyone.

Thanks for making me feel better about the deflating!

Cecilia
xxx

nnifnnif
(Login nnifnnif)
December 1 2007, 5:26 PM

when i was 16 i was on microgyn 30 and was very slender and didnt have much boob (although more than i do now) and was on this untill i was 20. in four years i probably put on a stone and a half but my boobs also went to a very full b maybe c. i think it was highly due to the pill as i have been off it for about six months and gone back to 98lbs...on pill went up to 8 and a half stone.

Ive now been on cerazette (sp?), the mini pill for nearly 3 months and havnt put any weight on and i think it has given me a bit of boob but i lost all mine with weight loss. sadly the mini pill is also renouned for giving you bad skin and either stopping you having periods or just making you bleed all the time. so i dont recommend it!!

x

dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
December 3 2007, 7:47 PM

nnifnnif - sounds like you are quite thin! depends, of course, on what your height is, but 98lbs generally speaking is too thin for successful BE...

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
December 4 2007, 10:18 PM

I had permanent growth years ago on ortho-tricyclen. I was a tiny 90 pounds yet had overflowing D cup/nearly DD. well all that was gone after having kids and breastfeeding. but If I had never had kids or breastfed i'm sure they'd still be there. now (many years later) I have started yasmin and not noticed any significant change since starting. I have heard about yasmin causing overnight breast increase, not happening here... but who knows might work for some. maybe I should get back on the ortho.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
December 7 2007, 7:31 AM

About 8 months on Yasmyn, no growth.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
December 7 2007, 6:33 PM

Kieyah - I'll be switching BCP in about 6 months. You had huge boobs! What size were they before you took BCP (or were you still developing?).

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
December 8 2007, 1:10 AM

I was 19 or 20 and a prior c cup. I remember i did gain a few pounds but i needed to and was still way too skinny even though. who knows maybe I was going to grow anyway. i may try it again in a few months after giving yasmin a good try, been 2 months so far. if I do switch i will be sure to post any results.

Whats the best bcp for booby growth
March 31 2008 at 4:55 AM sheep (no login)
I have excess androgens i think and was wondering what people have had for diminished symptoms on the pill,how long it took and did u get a breast increase.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: Whats the best bcp for booby growth
March 31 2008, 7:25 AM

Dianette / Diane 35 is prescribed for high testosterone / PCO. I'm not sure it gave me boob growth although it has for some people. I only took about 3 months to see a visible reduction in body hair and I think my facial hair is better too. My skin is better than with no BCP but possibly not as good as with Microgynon.

Yasmin (and the weaker version Yaz) also contain an androgen blocker. This has given some people growth.

Most brands of BCP have given growth in some people and some of them have said it lasted after they stoped taking it although others found that either after their body adapted to it or they stopped taking it their boobs went back down.

What other symptoms do you have?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
March 31 2008, 12:14 PM

I was not aware that Yasmin contains an androgen blocker and I'm on it!! Actually I don't think it contains it, at least not the Yasmin we have over here...

silv
(no login)
yaz
March 31 2008, 4:35 PM

Moon, have you noticed any changes by taking Yaz? I will be taking that next month so I just want to be prepared for any changes. Thanks!

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
March 31 2008, 4:50 PM

As Louise mentioned, Diane-35 is prescribed often for androgens I started taking it January 2007. Stopped in the summer. Took it for a few months in the fall (when I found this lovely board). And am now off it, would like to get back on but never get around to doing it... am now taking SP for the androgens and it clearly makes a difference in my severe cystic acne.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Kat
(Login Kath1985)
April 6 2008, 1:46 PM

Anyone know how Cerazette has affected NBE? I have been on Yasmin for about 5-6 ears without any sideeffects whatsoever(including boob growth) and I'm considering swapping but I'm scared of the scare stories about constant bleeding and acne...althoug some people have grown a lot on it, and have no period at all...

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
April 6 2008, 2:23 PM

Silv - I'm much better on BCP than I am without it, my periods are lighter and much less painful and my acne is almost gone. My mood is also normal. However it is true for myself and many people I think that while your hormonal symptoms improve when going on BCP, they become even worse than before if you go off it, so consider that you'll have to be on BCP constantly. Perosnally I still think it's worth it and when I'll have to go off to have a baby, I'll try vitex to minimize the hormone blow.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
April 6 2008, 9:54 PM

I'm not sure about my moods, I'm really angry a lot of the time, but maybe just stress.

generic yasmine
September 14 2008 at 9:34 PM veronkia (Login breastsgettingbigger)
Hi guys,

I also notice that yasmine can increase bust line..which I'm on (hasn't done anything yet however). I was wondering if anybody saw any difference (positive or negative) with the generic version that I am going to switch to. The regular yasmine costs 74.00 a month!!!! in the USA and my health doesn't cover it.

Celine
(Login Vachette)
Re: generic yasmine
September 14 2008, 10:20 PM

Yasmine is a really 'light' pill. I used to take it, because I suffer from severe migraines with spasms (black spots, distorted speach, 3 yrs ago I even needed to be hospitalised for paralysis of my right leg and arm, ...). Now I use an uvaring.
Anyone who has migraine needs to be tested before she takes BCP!! The test is to see if there is no high risk for a trombose. Spasms can cause these, and spasms in your brain can be caused by migraine (or the other way around...). Tromboses can kill you in a day. I lost a close friend of mine this way.

I was tested, and although the test showed safe results, I was scared (I started taking the pill just a month after my friend passed away). Therefor, my gyneacologist prescribed me a very 'light' pill; yasmine. It is also prescribed for girls who are afraid to gain weight from BCP, or have outbreaks of acne (in Belgium, it is registered as a medicin for acne, which makes it really expensive because insurance doesn't cover it completely. Anyway, health insurance is great here so I'm not complaining Tongue ) It was also prescribed to my sister who had serious -unwanted- breast growth with Desorelle 30. So, yasmine is unlikely to help you grow Wink

Because I wanted breast growth and got over my fear, I also tried a whole range of different pills, but went back to yasmine, since it has the least side effects. Before you start taking Desorelle 30 after reading about my sister, be aware that it can cause acne outbreaks, severe headaches, both my sister and I suffered severe pains during menstruation, and I was mentally very unstable and depressed, which dissapeared almost immediately when changing to yasmine. It is a pill that I would NEVER recommend to anyone! Think before you act!

Anyways, it's better to consult your gyneacologist when it concerns BCP, even for breast growth. A good gyneacologist will listen to your questions and help you as far as he/she can. And when one says "they're not gonna grow, anyway", just walk out of the room, as I did with my first gyneacologist Tongue They're supposed to listen to you, consider your 'desires' and help you! No doctor should reject your questions, no matter what his/her opinion is.
Oh btw, my second one asked it herself, I didn't even say the b-word yet Big Grin

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: generic yasmine
September 14 2008, 10:38 PM

Don't count on breast growth from BCP, it doesn't happen very often and when does it's usually to girls with already large breasts.

Yasmin and how to find out what hormones you need
November 9 2006 at 5:49 AM tati (no login)
so i know of someone who took Yasmin- birth control and grew almost 2 cup sizes in 2 months...so now i am thinking of taking it.
but i have read some stuff on this board that says for it to work you have to be estrogen dominant? How do you know? I think i might have more testosterone since I have pimples. At the same time though my face has features that would imply i have high estrogen levels (small chin, baby features, etc). My period is also very regular.

I have looked at those survey things online which are supposed to determine what you are lacking or have too much of but i feel like they are not very accurate considering you have to think about yourself. like "DO I HAVE excess acne? DO I have too much of a temper? compared to what???"

is there any way to tell what you are lacking and not lacking that is acurate?

I am a 32AA, 104 lbs, have some breakouts on my forehead especially when I'm stressed, have ALWAYS had regular periods and never missed a single one, get really emotional...any ideas?

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Yasmin and how to find out what hormones you need
November 9 2006, 12:14 PM

To me that sounds like you may have elevated testosterone levels, but there is no way knowing for sure until you have went to the doctors and done a hormone test there. Stress increases testosterone and the pimples go with that so you should get tested just to be sure. Do that and it is quite possible they will prescribe you yasmin anyway for its androgen regulation, it may help with your pimples too.
After that you can take nettle root too and see if you feel any better, like emotionality etc..
You can go on the programs page and check out my program, the bottom bit is the most updated program, which has worked well for me these last few months and I am on yasmin too, and androgen dominant, so you could try something similar to that. Just start with low dosages of anything you do take.

Also, go to the doctors to get a hormone test done (they just take a little blood and test it) BEFORE you start taking anything, I know this may sound stupid but taking those herbs etc. will alter hormone levels so the results won't be correct and it is good to get it analysed before bombarding your body with herbs. There are a variety of herbs that can help you and I and others can advise you on this, just get it checked out properly first just so you do know for sure.
Also, how old are you? You may only need to take something to regulate your hormones like the nettle and your boobs will grow if you are still a teenager, and there is no need to take a lot of stuff if you could grow fine without.

Good luck and take care, if you need any more advise just ask and we will try and help.
Lisa

amysmiles4u
(Login amysmiles4u)
November 9 2006, 12:17 PM

Ive been taking Yasmin bcp for 2 years and havent grown at all :-( x

tari
(no login)
November 12 2006, 11:18 PM

what do i say when they ask me WHY i want a hormones test? Do i just say "im a shallow **** who puts all my worth in a sexual organ who wants to know why her boobs are so small?"

Also, how much does it cost?

Lisa121
(no login)
November 13 2006, 11:53 PM

I am not sure how much it costs, are you in the UK or where? I would imagine if you are in the UK you can get it on the NHS but I am not sure, you could just phone the surgery and ask how much it would cost to get a complete bloodwork done with hormone test included, they should be able to tell you.
I would say to my doctor that my symptoms are hassling me (moods etc. and whatever else there is) and that you would like to get it checked out because you have heard you can take the pill like yasmin or even herbs to help hormone imbalances and that you think you may have one, it isn't that uncommon after all.
Don't be embarrassed, and you don't have to tell them that you are concerned about your boobs if you don't want to, it is none of their business. Also they have heard and seen all sorts of things so you won't stand out in their day even if you do tell them.
Let me know how you get on if you get the test done, otherwise if you don't want to or find it too complicated or expensive just tell us some of your stats and we can help you out here regarding what you could take to help your moods and so on.
Take care and the best of luck with the docs if you go,
Lisa

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
November 14 2006, 1:15 AM

lol nooooooooo just say you want to make sure that the bcp that your taking is suitable for the level of hormones in your body!! every bcp has a mix of estrogens / progesterone........there's a link in one of the posts to a site that has a chart of the type of hormone to the bcp, and also the amount. Thats how i decided to take Yasmin, it has the most potent form of progesterone, at the same time though no androgen. Tell your doc you're just doing your homework so you dont harm you body. And insist on getting this done (If your doc's a man you can also just say you saw a special on Oprah --------... lol he'll think your crazy but at least its not embarrassing

Miss Monet
(Login friskyflirt)
Is this it?
November 14 2006, 3:53 AM

Is this the hormone test you were talking about, Lisa?

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/resource_...etest.html

I don't really like it... seems pretty vague to me. According to the test I either have Estrogen deficiency or Cortisol deficiency. I don't know what Cortisol is, but low estrogen levels is good for NBE, right?? haha Wink

I dunno... it'd probably be better to get tested by your doctor or something. Although, I'd only do it if it was free... I'm cheap like that. LOL Tongue

Black Sheep
(no login)
November 25 2007, 7:08 PM

Hello,

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, but my girlfriend has been trying NBE for a little while and I've been helping her with her research and stuff. I went with her to her GP here in the UK because she wanted a hormone test done and she told us that such a thing was not possible because a womans hormone levels fluctuate on a daily basis, what they read today may be completely different tomorrow. We also visted a very respectable gynaecologist in Poland for a non NBE related matter who also said that a hormone test wasn't reliable.

He did, however, say that excess hair, oily skin and acne could be a sign of excess testosterone and prescriped her Yasminelle because it has an anti-androgen effect and also seems to have a very low level of oesrogen so gives fewer unwanted side effects that other contraceptive pills can give.

He said that this pill is very new and I've been unable to find very much information about it so far, especially reviews from girls who've taken it and how it makes them feel, she was on microgynon 30 for almost a year before and it made her feel tired all the time and she had a huge amount of weight loss in the space of 8 months. Apparently, Micrognon is the cheapest pill to manufacture which is why it is usually one of the most prescribed pills, and also one of the worst according to her gynaecologist in Poland.

She can't start her Yasminelle until her next period has finished so she'll have to wait a while to see how she feels on it.
If anybody has used Yasminelle and can offer any information on it, not just regarding breast development, we'd appreciate your input.
Thanks very much,

Dan.

hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
The mysteries of BCP...
November 25 2007, 8:25 PM

My understanding was that birth control pills help regulate the hormones in your body but not in terms of your boob growth. But if some people grow on them and others don't what does this mean?

I am someone who has taken Diane-35 and it helped with my acne a great deal and regulated my periods but I saw no breast growth at all. So if the pills decreased my acne, than that would mean I have excess male hormones. How come when my breasts didn't grow even once the male hormones were regulated by the pills? Does this mean I could have excess male hormones and some sort of estrogen problem on top of that? Like would I be estrogen dominant or lacking estrogen?

I'm so confused and I know thats alot of questions but I would be very grateful to anyone who can explan all of this to me. Thanks so much Smile

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
November 25 2007, 8:27 PM

While it is true a woman's hormones will vary from day to day, there certainly are tests that can register her hormones. Depending on the day of her cycle, there is a normal range she should fall into. This can determine if she is deficient or excessive within the range.

Some hormones are better tested through saliva than through the blood. (progesterone is one of these) Saliva tests are the ones generally offered by the John Lee website. This kind of testing also takes into account the woman's cycle and offers a range she should be in depending on what part of her cycle she is in.

It sounds like the doctors are more interested in easy solutions and are discouraging your girlfriend from wanting tests that would be subject to interpretation - in other words - the doctors don't want to work any harder than they have to.

waxingmoon

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
November 25 2007, 8:58 PM

I'm also in the UK - your GP won't ever want to do any tests for anything unless they think you'll die overnight as it comes out of the PCT budget for your local area. I see a private gynaecologist at Bupa (now called Spire healthcare) as the NHS couldn't give me an appointment to review my test results until March (and that was back in about July/August), the private gynaecologist did an ultrasound on Tuesday and blood tests the following Tuesday and I only enquired at about 4pm the Friday before - it's cost me about £750 so far for two appointments, the ultrasound, blood tests and medication but it's a much better service. I originally reported symptoms to my GP 6 years ago (10 years if you count bad period pains), nothing was found to be wrong with me and I was only ever offered prescription painkillers.

bc
December 7 2005 at 6:12 PM Anonymous (no login)
has anyone been on ortho tri-cyclen lo and seen their boobs grow a bit? i just got prescribed, so i know some bc does this but not all.

SugarQ
(no login)
Re: bc
December 7 2005, 7:57 PM

regular ortho has been known to cause breast enlargement. but not everyone is lucky to get growth. women with already large breasts are more likely to grow with bc. Lucille (flat2fab) grew while on ortho.
Yasmine and diane are also well known to BEers to cause breast enlargement as well.
i have a site were women discuss breast enlargement while on ortho. i will search for it and put it up later for you.

puppylover23
(no login)
December 7 2005, 8:57 PM

I was taking ortho evra pills, then switched to the ortho evra patch. I grew to about a 36C (was a 34B) unfortunately it only lasted about 3 months or so. I was not taking the herbs at the time, but it leaves me wondering if I would have kept that growth if I was. I am still taking the patch now, if you are wondering.
Hope that helps!

Anonymous
(no login)
December 8 2005, 4:40 AM

since i am on ortho evra lo, i know that it has lower doses of horomones and was wondering if that would make a difference

Anonymous
(no login)
December 8 2005, 2:11 PM

i meant ortho tri cyclen lo

SugarQ
(no login)
December 8 2005, 6:33 PM

ummm... i dont know. http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.as...TRI-CYCLEN is the site i was refering to. to to edit and use the find option and search for (breast enlargement, grew, grow, growth,etc) alot of intesting breast enlargement stories with ortho. you can google ortho lo and breast enlargement and see if you find anything.

Christina
(no login)
December 9 2005, 4:48 AM

I do think that the lo versus the regular ortho is different. If you look at the hormones in them the lo definately has less. And last time I was at Planned Parenthood my GYN was telling me that I could swith to the lo and that they were cheaper than the regular ortho I am on. I told her the regular made my boobs bigger and if she thought there would be a difference with the lower one. She said that not all women experience breast growth from the pill but that you would have a stronger possibility with the regular since the hormones are higher. That was a while back so I cannot remember what she said for sure but I do know that she said there was a difference and basically regular would have more impact on boob growth.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon