Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New here - 32A, so confused

* Green tea promotes aromatase, anti-oxidation, inhibits prostrate and breast cancer cells, upregulates estradiol, modifies signaling transduction pathways, relieves oxidative stress (reduces lipid oxidation), possess potent iron-chelating radical-scavenging and anti-inflammatory activities (polyphenols are powerful free radical destroyers), protects against neurological diseases. Green tea catechins ameliorate adipose insulin resistance.

You could also add "White Peony " which inhibits the 5 alpha reductase enzyme (which prevents testosterone converting to DHT) and promotes aromatase.

* Paeonia lactiflora decreases testosterone production by inhibiting the conversion of delta 4-androstenedione to testosterone in the ovary, while stimulating aromatase activity in the ovary to promote estradiol synthesis. White peony significantly inhibits 5 alpha reductase @ 23% compared with finasteride, that induces an inhibition of 38%.

(12-02-2016, 08:49 PM)Lotus Wrote:  * Green tea promotes aromatase, anti-oxidation, inhibits prostrate and breast cancer cells, upregulates estradiol, modifies signaling transduction pathways, relieves oxidative stress (reduces lipid oxidation), possess potent iron-chelating radical-scavenging and anti-inflammatory activities (polyphenols are powerful free radical destroyers), protects against neurological diseases. Green tea catechins ameliorate adipose insulin resistance.

You could also add "White Peony " which inhibits the 5 alpha reductase enzyme (which prevents testosterone converting to DHT) and promotes aromatase.

* Paeonia lactiflora decreases testosterone production by inhibiting the conversion of delta 4-androstenedione to testosterone in the ovary, while stimulating aromatase activity in the ovary to promote estradiol synthesis. White peony significantly inhibits 5 alpha reductase @ 23% compared with finasteride, that induces an inhibition of 38%.

Btw, I see this combination of GT and WP as a generic NBE version of Pharma Spirolactone (spiro).

You can also increase GT's effects by adding piperine. Fruits (lemon, star fruit) hold big promise for NBE, (all of which is listed in BN).

You're more than capable of accessing all the same stuff I've used. Nothing I've ever researched is behind a paywall. If something I see that I'd like to look at is behind a paywall, I just skip it until it becomes publicly available, which usually it eventually does. Seeing it and understanding it are not the same thing though, and I can't really help you understand it.

And no, I have not personally had a chance to try tonka bean yet, I'd sure love to, but I have no money right now. That's kinda my point though. I prefer research over just trying it. Lotus suggestions are often far riskier than mine. Lotus does not seem to properly understand the research. GTE is very much toxic to ovaries, which most everyone else does not seem to acknowledge. It's got almost no risk of death, but it is going to harm your reproductive health. This is PROVEN by scientific research. Tonka bean MAY have some risk of death at therapeutic dose, but it should be minimal as long as you're careful, and it should absolutely not be harmful to a female reproductive system. It definitely is to a male one, but that's the point for someone like me. I want to ruin male reproductive health, if I could completely replace my male parts for fully functioning female parts, I'd do it in a heartbeat, be over the moon, and never look back. While there are interesting developments there in stem cell organ cloning and transplant, it's not possible yet, so the next best thing is HRT and eventual GRS. If my dream becomes reality before I can get GRS though...

You don't have to take my word for anything though. Everything I ever find is easily found on the internet or in a library. In fact, I'd prefer if no one ever took anyone's word on anything. I don't. I only trust the scientific method, so when a journal article shows that method was followed, and indicates something, then I trust that.

Many peer reviewed studies indicate that while GTE increases aromatase expression in adipose tissue, it strongly decreases it in the ovaries. Overall serum estradiol drops by 30+%, but it drops to almost nothing in the ovaries. That's hella playing with fire if you ask me if you have ovaries. In a male system, OTOH, it's only androgens that drop, and serum estradiol goes up, and testicular estradiol goes up. It's great for a trans woman. Playing with hella hot fire for cis women.

Some green tea is obviously safe, but I'd steer clear of GTE if I was in possession of a pair of ovaries. Wouldn't even consider trying it at the much lower doses used for weight loss that appear to be safe for women, just in case something went wrong.

(12-02-2016, 09:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  And no, I have not personally had a chance to try tonka bean yet, I'd sure love to, but I have no money right now. That's kinda my point though. I prefer research over just trying it.

I actually try everything before commenting on it, makes the research valid imo.

(12-02-2016, 09:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Lotus suggestions are often far riskier than mine. Lotus does not seem to properly understand the research.

I understand the science of green tea thank you. What " you " fail to understand is the health saving potential (anti-cancer) of green tea, which is beneficial for men and women as noted earlier. Ovarian cancer is a huge risk, while a reduction in aromatase (30% in rat studies, not 40% as you reported, a human % is lacking) is noted, it (aromatase) reduces the risks of ovarian cancer. And btw, there's 10 tissue-specific promoters of aromatase, each being regulated. CYP19 can be influenced through a cascade of the cAMP/PKA pathway..........making it extremely powerful.

(12-02-2016, 09:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  GTE is very much toxic to ovaries,
evidence?, links please.

(12-02-2016, 09:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Tonka bean MAY have some risk of death at therapeutic dose but it should be minimal as long as you're careful, and it should absolutely not be harmful to a female reproductive system.

Death?, and be careful? OMFG!!, That's extremely reassuring. Let me get this straight, you report a therapeutic dose (LD50?) of toxic Tonka Beans increases risk of death, so the risks are minimal people.

(12-02-2016, 09:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Lotus suggestions are often far riskier than mine.

Abi-try Tonka Beans (death). Lotus-drink green tea (health).........you be the judge.

(12-02-2016, 11:04 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(12-02-2016, 09:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Tonka bean MAY have some risk of death at therapeutic dose but it should be minimal as long as you're careful, and it should absolutely not be harmful to a female reproductive system.

Death?, and be careful? OMFG!!, That's extremely reassuring. Let me get this straight, you report a therapeutic dose (LD50?) of toxic Tonka Beans increases risk of death, so the risks are minimal people.

(12-02-2016, 09:32 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Lotus suggestions are often far riskier than mine.

Abi-try Tonka Beans (death). Lotus-drink green tea (health).........you be the judge.

No, the therapeutic dose of coumarin is well below the LD50 of coumarin. WELL below. I recommend caution with everything, in case you haven't noticed.

There are things out there people take far more readily whose difference between therapeutic dose and LD50 is much smaller than coumarin. In other words, risk of death with those things is actually higher. And the only thing in tonka bean that has any effect, therapeutic or toxic, at all, is coumarin. Everything else in tonka bean is medically inert.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon