Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Liposuction induced breast enlargement

Liposuction induced breast enlargement
March 6 2007 at 1:59 PM Linz (no login)

I realise this isn't a very organic approach - but I've found a number of studies supporting this, - for those of you not opposed to surgery.
Results are usually an inch or two.

Here's the jist of it:

Background.
Liposuction has become a major therapeutic tool for body sculpting by dermatologic surgeons. To date, breast aug-mentation has been the only effective tool for breast enlargement.

Objective.
To review retrospectively records of patients who have undergone traditional tumescent liposuction to determine whether breast size is commonly affected by liposuction of other body areas.

Results.
Breast enlargement occurred in 43% of patients who underwent one or more tumescent liposuction surgeries. Thirty percent of all patients experienced an increase of one cup size or greater. Two variables were found to be predictive of breast enlargement after liposuction: those patients who had more total supernatant fat removed and/or those who weighed more initially.

Conclusion.
Cosmetically significant breast enlargement is a common occurrence after tumescent liposuction surgery.

Also, those who had liposuction on the flanks and hips almost always had a result - although those who had it on the extremities (arms legs) didn't see any.
From what I've read, it is suppose to be something to do with fat deposition being connected with hormone production. I can't really elaborate more than this as I'm fairly ignorant on the subject. Probably everyones heard of this!! - but just thought there may be someone it could suit whose not heard.

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
Re: Liposuction induced breast enlargement
March 7 2007, 12:13 AM

Years ago, like 10 years, I read about this in Allure magazine. A woman was interviewed and she grew a cup size after lipo. I filed this away in my mind thinking that I would soon hear alot about it, but I never heard it again until now. I don't think I would risk liposuction for the off chance it would increase breast, unless it was something that was proven to happen over and over. This is interesting to hear about this again though!

Corrie
(Login Corrie73)
March 7 2007, 1:41 AM

I have heard this too. I think it is really true. Unfortunately, a lot of us with smaller boobs don't have a lot of extra 'flank' fat to lipo out...

Still, something to think about.

Teresina
(Login Teresina)
March 7 2007, 3:09 AM

Yup, this definitely occurs in a *lot* of people that have lipo, especially to their torso. I used to work in a field where I dealt with many surgery patients and plastic surgeons and saw this all the time. There have been a number of fascinating studies on what happens post-lipo. The way that it was put to me is that the body like to maintain a certain number of estrogen receptors, so if some are removed from key spots via liposuction, your breasts will compensate. That's the gist, anyway -- I've forgotten the longer explanation.

The other thing I was told is that this generally occurs when one gains weight after the surgery. Since your stomach or whanot now has scar tissue, the body chooses the path of least resistance and puts the weight on a different area, often the breasts. I noticed that this happened most often in women that already had a curvier or fuller figure and did not hear about it from those that were naturally slender and had small breasts, so I think it still has a lot to do with your build and composition. I think it's unlikely that someone with a low percentage of body fat would have this happen, but that's just my guess based on the people I've seen. It is an interesting subject!

Rinoa_Lewis
(Login rinoa_lewis)
March 7 2007, 3:54 AM

When you have lipo, they actually remove the fat cells...and the fat has to go somewhere! Many people who have lipo say on their stomach will actually gain more fat in their thighs or similar areas. Lipo doesn't change your eating habbits, which were likely what caused the need for lipo in the first place...and subsequently the fat just goes somewhere else!

There is a surgery in Japan which actually combines the fat extracted in a lipo treatment with stem cells, and then injects them into the breast area at a few points. Some of the stem cells (cells which pretty much have the ability to turn into anything, depending on their surrounds and any other stimulation) turn into more fat cells, while other stem cells turn into the new blood supply for these new fat cells. In a few years, if I haven't had any luck with NBE...I might actually make a few enquiries.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon