Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

SP? Think carefully

Guys

I took saw palmetto by mistake. I just read on the internet that SP can help hair loss. I did not read anything about side effects. I did not know anything at that time back in 2008. After using it I slowly slided in dark, fatigue, muscle pain etc. Then after 5 months suddenly I changed completely. One morning my penis became very small and light like a feather and muscles disappeared over night.From here worst time of my life started. I stopped SP immediately it was easy as I was not using anything else.Fast Forward  in coming years health destroyed. Side effects got only worse as time passed by. I lost my job.My muscles, joints, tendons, and bones became very weak.My body suddenly became cold. Cold hands and cold feet like ice.The list is very long and I don't want to bore you. Before taking SP I had not issue. I was just like any healthy male. If I knew the fraction of what I know now, I would never touch saw palmetto.Although eight years have passed I still think this nightmare is reversible and I will become man again.
Is there any hope?
Where the issue is? My brain  has shut down?
My liver is not processing TEstosterone?

NOTE: I tried Testosterone therapy but it made me worse after initially feeling better. I got bloating and a lot of water retention in my legs and chest.I had to stop it.

Any thought about damage caused by Saw palmetto? Is this the same as taking BO extract like transfemme or this is something else?
Eight years have passed and I still could not find where the issue is?
Did SP rewired my brain and messed somthing in the brain?
Did SP changed chemistry of the liver?
Did SP changed testicles? if testicle are not working then why Testosterone therapy could not work?
Did SP destroyed my Adrenal?
Why I am fatigued 24X7?
why I can not sleep normally? it is so shallow.
Why I feel my body has shrunken. My fingers look puffy, my feet are too soft to walk. I can not walk or stand for long time. My feet hurt and swell easily. Why?????

(03-02-2016, 05:03 AM)sp2000 Wrote:  Any thought about damage caused by Saw palmetto? Is this the same as taking BO extract like transfemme or this is something else?
Did SP changed testicles? if testicle are not working then why Testosterone therapy could not work?
Why I am fatigued 24X7?
Why I feel my body has shrunken. My fingers look puffy, my feet are too soft to walk. I can not walk or stand for long time. My feet hurt and swell easily. Why?????

Too be honest, this is somthing i have never heard of before. However, if you Google Saw palmetto side effects your not the only one.

(03-02-2016, 05:03 AM)sp2000 Wrote:  Eight years have passed and I still could not find where the issue is?
Eight years?
(11-09-2014, 04:12 AM)sp2000 Wrote:  I used Saw Palmetto about four years ago for my hair loss for few months (4-5).

(03-02-2016, 11:16 AM)jannet.duff Wrote:  
(03-02-2016, 05:03 AM)sp2000 Wrote:  Any thought about damage caused by Saw palmetto? Is this the same as taking BO extract like transfemme or this is something else?
Why I am fatigued 24X7?

Too be honest, this is somthing i have never heard of before. However, if you Google Saw palmetto side effects your not the only one.
Do you think it is reversible?

(03-02-2016, 11:58 AM)OHboobs Wrote:  
(03-02-2016, 05:03 AM)sp2000 Wrote:  Eight years have passed and I still could not find where the issue is?
Eight years?
(11-09-2014, 04:12 AM)sp2000 Wrote:  I used Saw Palmetto about four years ago for my hair loss for few months (4-5).

OHboobs
what are you trying to prove here?
I looked my papers. I started feeling sides in 2009 so actually 7 ( will complete around june) years have passed by.
you guys have no idea about side effects of SP. Only someone who has got sides from SP can imagine what I am talking about. Saw Palmetto is not something important that I am after. I don't think any company is making big business from it. It is not like Accutane or Finasteride multi million business. What I will achieve by making up stories and wasting my time on the internet. I have already told I got into this mess unintentionally. I have/had no interest in becoming a woman. I was quite happy being a man.

(04-02-2016, 08:31 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  And then there is me who did not respond to SP after taking the very best SP supplement at very high doses for over a year, sometimes with other NBE supplements, sometimes by itself. It did absolutely NOTHING for me. No recovery at my scalp, no loss of testicular weight, no reduction of body hair... NOTHING.

And I can't help but note that the science remains inconclusive. However it works for those it works for, it isn't universal, at all, and the scientists can't even figure out why or how or what.

Is saw palmetto potentially dangerous? Sure. Everything in this world is potentially dangerous, BO is potentially dangerous, PM is potentially dangerous, WATER is potentially dangerous.

Your response, however, seems to be exceedingly rare, as in, the ONLY reported incident, ever. Rare enough, I find myself wondering, did it even help with what you were after from it in the first place? Because I'm finding it hard to believe you ever had too much DHT to start with, which would make your alopecia be from another cause.

If you're even really being honest at all. I can't begin to imagine what the game is if you are not, but that's how difficult you are to believe.
I lost a lot of my body hair, the remaining have become fine and are in patches.If you are interested I can upload pictures. Also for being honest again if you are interested I can upload my blood reports since 2009 to date.
I am not alone I have received many emails from boys and girls who are feeling awful after using Saw Palmetto. IF you are not affected count yourself lucky and be thankful to God. I wish I had not responded to SP like you.
By the way before SP I used to think I was superman. Very high libido. no issue at all.Indeed my DHT is still not bad. The first thing after SP was loss of interest in girls, then fatigue, then pins and needles in my feet and hands, then strange numbness and blurred vision and finally weeks after sudden crash and shrinkage. Sudden in the sense it happened very quickly over short period of time.

So nobody knows why Saw palmetto acts like bovine ovary extract?

(06-02-2016, 06:21 AM)sp2000 Wrote:  So nobody knows why Saw palmetto acts like bovine ovary extract?

Dude, you've been spamming for an answer on this for over a year (maybe longer) in multiple threads I might add. Have you talked to anybody about your symptoms?. (You know, a qualified clinician).

Honestly, I don't think SP was (is) the underlining cause. Either two things seem plausible, diabetes or hypothyroidism, or both. In either case, no one here can offer what you seek.............a class action lawsuit.

Curious, you've never disclosed where this mysterious SP came from, can I ask the brand (and where purchased) of SP was it?.

Edit- what was the dosage?. Neuropathy, PAD, CFS, RSD, thyroid, CPS, autoimmune, Lupus, MS.........these are things I would be looking at, not spinning your wheels on SP. I'm sorry for your pain (I can relate).

(06-02-2016, 06:44 AM)Lotus Wrote:  In either case, no one here can offer what you seek.............a class action lawsuit.

Wait. He thinks he can get a class action lawsuit going? Against a common herb? How crazy do you have to be to think you can sue a fucking plant. If he wants to sue all the various companies that package, sell, and market SP, he's even more crazy. No such suit has EVER held up, even when harm actually is proven. You CAN'T sue people for just extracting, packaging, selling, and marketing a common herb, no matter what unproven claims they make in their marketing, because none of it is FDA approved. Meaning, when you buy and take it as a supplement, you are automatically waiving any rights to sue by simply taking it, because you SHOULD have known what you were taking was unsupported by mainstream medical science and therefore potentially harmful.

There is ONE exception when it comes to this particular herb, but that product isn't strictly SP anymore, it's a product that's synthetically derived from SP and sold as a drug, with prescription requirements in all countries in which it is sold. That product HAS been proven to work in the majority of cases, though not even as well as finasteride, let alone dutasteride. You COULD build a class action if you took that under a physicians care and it really was the cause of all that stuff you claim, and LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE EXPERIENCED MOST OF THE EXACT SAME SIDE EFFECTS, since none of them are warned about on the product labeling. But since you're the only one claiming your particular side effects, ever, and I severely doubt you were under a physicians care, or, even taking that one product, Nope.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon