Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Galactogogues

Tongue 

Hello sweets!

The next month I start with Maca powder for gaining weight plus balancing my hormones Smile So I don't want to mess up my hormones for a while hahah , and I think galactagogues are great for my circumstances.Rolleyes

I am taking actually fennel tea everyday 1-2 times but I'd like to take something at the same time with no "side effects" if possible : I've read about DILL, ANISE, MARSHMALLOW ROOT & RED RASPBERRY that do not have any caution or side effects .

Any of you have tried some of them? And if so, how much I should take in capsules??Huh

Happy growing girls!!! Big Grin

You know me, I'm all about the science. And sadly, there is no science that says any of what you listed actually works as a galactagogue. Some of them the science actually has shown them to be myth.

Have you looked at shatavari? That's one of the few that I've seen actual science for and do not recall any side effects being listed.

(12-02-2016, 09:39 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  You know me, I'm all about the science. And sadly, there is no science that says any of what you listed actually works as a galactagogue. Some of them the science actually has shown them to be myth.

Have you looked at shatavari? That's one of the few that I've seen actual science for and do not recall any side effects being listed.

Yes, I know from science's point of view some are considered as myth and others not proven at all... but science is science, I mean, according to science aromatherapy, essential oils nor chinese medicine don't work ....

Shatavari, I haven't heard of it!Smile I will do a research about it and let's see if it doesn't cause stomach upset!

Thanks a lot sweets! <3

(12-02-2016, 11:33 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  Yes, I know from science's point of view some are considered as myth and others not proven at all... but science is science, I mean, according to science aromatherapy, essential oils nor chinese medicine don't work ....

Actually, interest in natural medicine by scientists has been on the rise recently, and while some chinese medicine has been disproven, much of it is actually starting to be proven. Same with essential oil/aromatherapy. Some reputed therapeutic effects are being disproven, while many others are being shown to actually exist, some of which weren't even known in common lore.

Granted, the primary interest has been in trying to figure out if these things really do work, then, what makes them work, and finally in making a synthetic that does the same thing based on the original, rather than proving it works and then going outside the scientific community and declaring it works. Profit motive sadly still rules and there's simply not as much profit margin in natural stuff.

(12-02-2016, 11:33 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  Shatavari, I haven't heard of it!Smile I will do a research about it and let's see if it doesn't cause stomach upset!

Thanks a lot sweets! <3

I've not heard that it does, but I may have missed something.

(12-02-2016, 11:45 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(12-02-2016, 11:33 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  Yes, I know from science's point of view some are considered as myth and others not proven at all... but science is science, I mean, according to science aromatherapy, essential oils nor chinese medicine don't work ....

Actually, interest in natural medicine by scientists has been on the rise recently, and while some chinese medicine has been disproven, much of it is actually starting to be proven. Same with essential oil/aromatherapy. Some reputed therapeutic effects are being disproven, while many others are being shown to actually exist, some of which weren't even known in common lore.

Granted, the primary interest has been in trying to figure out if these things really do work, then, what makes them work, and finally in making a synthetic that does the same thing based on the original, rather than proving it works and then going outside the scientific community and declaring it works. Profit motive sadly still rules and there's simply not as much profit margin in natural stuff.

(12-02-2016, 11:33 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  Shatavari, I haven't heard of it!Smile I will do a research about it and let's see if it doesn't cause stomach upset!

Thanks a lot sweets! <3

I've not heard that it does, but I may have missed something.

My main problem is the stupid stomach ...well , not true, the stress! That's why I am looking for herbs that work for NBE but don't ruin my digestive system . I have been 3 months throwing up and I am done with loosing weight, not feeling ok, anaemia etc... So I am finding out methods for stress relief and breast enhancement at the same time.
Shatavari is like an asparagus but from India?Big Grin how funny!

Morninga leaf..just google it and see what you think.
But yeh agree with abi. Unless you have other hormones present and it doing the right nipple stimulation exercises taking the likes of fennel fenugreek etc I don't see having the desired galatalogue effect and if it does it's usually a temporary boost.
I've breastfed / relactated etc in the past and it's hard work.
I'd suggest googling breastfeeding smoothies ie nuticious milk promoting shakes mums have to couple with your breast activities. See how ya go.

I found this and I think it is very very interesting... so Maca won't balance my hormones , just will increase my progesterone levels? and I can't take it with other herbs because there can be an interaction between both things? Then, Shatavari is dismissed in this case... I guess? PS: so Maca can't be taken everyday as a supplement ? :/ PFFF I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW I AM GOING TO GAIN WEIGHT IN 5 MONTHS... !!!

What do you think??

http://www.endoempowered.com/warning-maca-root-powder/

<3

Motherlove make a number of galactagogue blends, More Milk and More Milk Plus.

Some of them use Goat's Rue which is supposed to be good, but use with care if you have any blood sugar issues. It can make you a little hypoglycaemic. I tried it for a while a few years ago and it made me tired, but my breasts did tingle.

I am keeping an eye on the research around Ixbut. Supposedly used by elderly Mayans (male and female) so they can breast feed children while the younger mothers go out to work in the fields. It seems to be only available commercially in South American countries at present and I am not sure about its clinical safety.

Cheers, Calmly

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon