Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Foods that reduce estrogen

(14-02-2016, 11:38 PM)daisy134 Wrote:  Surferjoe- I have been trying to consume more grains, seeds beans & peas and I have noticed much more swelling. When you say flax can block excess estrogen, would that be if a certain amount is ingested? Is there a way to avoid that from happening? Thank you for the information you posted. It definitely worth looking more into
It takes very little flax to flood your estrogen receptors. So you get a moderate estrogen effect but not more. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it makes it difficult to carelessly use too much and cause an imbalance. An imbalance not only causes health issues but also makes the estrogen less effective.

If you want a greater effect then you avoid flax and similar foods/herbs: like soy and red clover. Then instead you consume herbs that are lower in quantity of phytoestrogens but higher in phytoestrogen potency such as hops or pueraria mirifica. But then you need to be more careful to keep your hormones in balance and make sure you are also getting enough progesterone and not too much testosterone. And/or limit the dose on PM or hops.

If you're only trying to go up a size or two without anything too crazy or risky I think this should do:
Continue with as much grains, seeds, beans and peas as you can.
5 of these capsules a day (1500 mg; 600 mg is 2 capsules): http://www.amazon.com/New-You-Bulk-Vitamins-Standardized/dp/B008J8DBAQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1455598677&sr=8-4&keywords=fenugreek+extract+saponin
160 mg saw palmetto extract: any will do
1/16 tsp pueraria mirifica powder: any will do, no need to cycle. Similar to the concept above this is a very low dose.
1/8 tsp progesterone cream: any will do, no need to cycle
If you massage (optional) then blend equal parts flax oil, coconut oil and rice bran oil, all of which you can find in most health food stores. To mix in the coconut oil melt it over gentle heat with the other oils.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon