Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Dairy (misc).

Hi, Candace,
I think for weight loss, you'd want to use hypnosis to channel a change of habits.
Binaurals are probably a waste, if you want a binaural to force the body to lose weight.
Using a binaural or subliminal to make you reconsider what you put i your mouth, of what you think tastes good? That might work well. That should account for 80% of your ability to set/keep a good figure. I'd suggest you look at organ meats and protein in general, with lots of leafy greens. You want some fat, too, so include some dairy. (NOT processed yogurts, which are generally sugar with some culture. And full-fat.)

After that, you can use the same techniques for exercise, to find it enjoyable, say, instead of boring. That accounts for the other 20%, and involves lifting heavy and working hard. You don't want to do endless running, for example, because you'll get very efficient at using oxygen and energy - which is exactly the opposite of what you really want. You want the body to need more energy, to use energy inefficiently, to burn off fat.

You can google for the comparison: a BMI of 30, say, the weight comparison: Fat vs. Muscle. Two people at 200#, one looks like an apple, one looks like a Greek God. Same BMI, same weight, the muscular one is half the size.

T-Nation.com is my go-to. You don't need to worry you'll blow up and look like Arnold in his prime. You don't have much chance of that, being female. ;-)
But look for pictures of Vegans and long-distance runners, see how they age. Then look for powerlifters and figure competitors, see how they age. Compare the diet. The women who work out for strength, and eat like it, will age far better. :-) (Fat fills in the fine lines. Veganism will result in smaller muscles, lower body mass, and FAR LESS fat to cushion the skin... So you look older, faster. Also, the L/S/D (Long Slow Distance) marathoner will do far more damage to joints, and the body will be polluted with free radicals - which cause cellular mutations, aka aging. )

The rest of the forum is great for getting the hormones under control, but you definitely want to get the right foundations. SurferJoe had a good explanation of nutrition: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=23076

And from there, it's "Test and correct," I'm afraid. ;-) So the journey is half the fun.
-Dianna

(12-02-2016, 03:14 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Using a binaural or subliminal to make you reconsider what you put i your mouth, of what you think tastes good? That might work well. That should account for 80% of your ability to set/keep a good figure. I'd suggest you look at organ meats and protein in general, with lots of leafy greens. You want some fat, too, so include some dairy. (NOT processed yogurts, which are generally sugar with some culture. And full-fat.)

Actually processed yogurt is most often low fat to "no fat", with low fat being typically made with 1% or 2% and "no fat" with skim. No fat is really not totally accurate, it still has some fat, just not much. And it's really the opposite, you don't want to be avoiding fat, you want to be avoiding carb (other than fiber), which is why you should avoid processed yogurt.

I used to make my own yogurt by culturing organic whole milk with this stuff: https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-...0-veg-caps

Make sure the milk is NOT homogenized, and, NOT treated with insanely high heat, and, if possible, even raw. You may have to find a health food store or even go directly to your nearest dairy farm. Then YOU treat the milk by slowly heating it to 185 F then let it cool to 115 F before adding TWO capsules of probiotics by opening up the capsules and dumping in the probiotics, then throwing away the capsules, mixing the milk to make sure the culture is even, then you want to maintain a temp on the cultured milk of between 108 F and 115 F, 110 is what I have found to be optimum from personal experience. Then you let it ferment for at least 8 hours, and no longer than 24. A longer ferment makes for a more sour yogurt, the sourness is due to the active cultures converting more of the proteins and eliminating more of the carbs. The maximum ferment takes some getting used to palate-wise, but it's the healthiest for you. Whole fat yogurt is VERY rich and much more filling than low fat.

The only reason I'm not doing so now is I can't afford the milk. Ridiculously, NOT getting homogenized, treated milk, is twice as expensive or more than the mass market BS.

Abi,
Our lovely GunVermin is busy "protecting" us there, which is one reason the cost is so high.
They forget that (a) we don't pasteurize breast milk; (b) cows drink raw milk, © humans used to drink raw milk, (d) the udders are dipped in a sterilizing solution before milking, (e) heating proteins changes them, (f) pasteurizing the milk does little good, and even less when you "do the math" - instead of pasteurizing at 100 degrees for 10 minutes (whatever the number is), they do it for 200 degrees for 5 minutes, or such. It's down to seconds, from my reading. So, the bacteria gets burned, but not killed. Like grabbing a hot pot, you get a burn, but you don't die. Grab a VERY hot pot, you'll sear the flesh - but still not die.

Meantime, the pasteurization removes a lot of good minerals as well, making the milk less nutritious.
And the DEA and FBI and I forgot who else will do raids on farms that sell raw milk, to consenting/demanding adults. For your own good. And destroy the product, and fine the farmer.

But they hate us for our freedom, dontcha know?
-Dianna

(12-02-2016, 07:16 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(12-02-2016, 03:14 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  Using a binaural or subliminal to make you reconsider what you put i your mouth, of what you think tastes good? That might work well. That should account for 80% of your ability to set/keep a good figure. I'd suggest you look at organ meats and protein in general, with lots of leafy greens. You want some fat, too, so include some dairy. (NOT processed yogurts, which are generally sugar with some culture. And full-fat.)

Actually processed yogurt is most often low fat to "no fat", with low fat being typically made with 1% or 2% and "no fat" with skim. No fat is really not totally accurate, it still has some fat, just not much. And it's really the opposite, you don't want to be avoiding fat, you want to be avoiding carb (other than fiber), which is why you should avoid processed yogurt.

[snip]

Abi,
Thank you for clarifying. I meant to indicate we should eat full-fat foods, and full-fat yogurt. Not the sugary liquid candy bars in yogurt containers. ;-)

-Dianna

Dairy is carcinogenic, both from the phytanic acid and the growth factors. Phytanic acid and dioxin are even higher in grass-fed dairy than grain-fed so that fad is misguided. Protein is best from lean white meat and fat is best from nuts and olive oil, plus supplemental flax oil and algal DHA. You could spend extra for algal DHA/EPA, but flax oil can elevate EPA (but not DHA) cheaply.

Animal fat is like a Superfund site chock full of bioaccumulated toxins. Organ meat gives cats thyroid disease from the PBDE. It (the organ meat) also shows up in human epidemiology as a risk factor in too many diseases to list.

Flax is NOT going to provide EPA. It's all ALA at best in plant oil. Do have have any idea how insane the amount of flax you'd have to eat to hopefully convert enough ALA would be? All you'd be able to afford to eat calorie-wise would be straight flax oil. That's hardly efficient.

As for dairy... dairy done right can be one of the most remarkable superfoods. Dairy done wrong can be one of the worst offenders in many ills. Your remark that grass fed is higher in dioxin and phytanic acid is also misguided. If ALL the farmer does is just only feed the cattle grass, then yes, it's higher in toxins if that grass isn't itself organic. To be labelled organic, a farmer must raise the cattle only on foods the cattle would naturally eat, letting the cattle free-range, and the entire range it is allowed to eat from must be organic. This is true for dairy cows as much as it is for slaughter cows. Rather than anything risky being introduced or increased when these practices are followed, the cattle is healthier, happier, and produce the best quality of milk (or meat). You then get this milk fresh, but ferment it in any of a number of fermentation styles before consuming it. The fermenting of the milk is essential. Yogurt just happens to be my personal favorite fermentation style.

There's a reason I won't make my yogurt with substandard milk though. And thus, can't afford yogurt right now. Because everything you say about milk, is true about mass market milk. Or even "grass fed" milk if that's ALL it has on the label. The only healthy milk, milk done right, is organic, non-homogenized, preferably non-pasteurized, but, if it is, only with low heat for a long time. Which YOU then control the fermentation of in whatever way you prefer. Fermented milk lasts longer than fresh milk, without the ills of higher heat pasteurization.

Unfortunately, fish are currently almost extinct and the worst accumulators of industrial toxins. Otherwise, they'd be an ideal protein and fat source. You still want to maintain some fish in your diet, because other than MEGA expensive krill or algal sources, it's the only other source of omega-3, but you're going to need to be extremely cautious with it, and make sure you don't eat more than 8 or 16 ounces a week.

Using the equations in this paper, with updated constants from this website I calculate that 500 mg EPA/DHA + 2 g flax oil brings me to 59.51% n6, 16.89% EPA/DPA, and 23.6% DHA.

Unfortunately, they assume the EPA/DHA in the diet is in the same ratio as in food, so I can't get an exact prediction of what would happen with flax plus just DHA. So I ran the numbers for just flax oil and found that 6 g would bring me to 68.06% n6, 17.82% EPA/DPA, and 14.12% DHA. So 6 g flax oil is enough for EPA/DPA and I'll just need to find a 300 mg DHA supplement to replace the 270 mg I currently get from Ovega-3.

Cows make phytanic acid from chlorophyll, so you'd have to go grass-free to eliminate it. Yogurt is associated with increased risk of prostate cancer (ref1 ref2) so with a family history of it I'm not touching it.

This does my head in!
I'm late 30's.
We grew up with milk delivered fresh by the milkman, in glass bottles left on the roadside until we brought it in.
Homogenised or not? Who knows. Worried about spoilage - no.
My grandmother lived on cups of teas and full cream and cheese scones, lard for cooking the list goes on.
Her sisters, cousins, parents, anties all drunk milk , are/were they suffering from lactose intolerance and dying of cancers = nope!
So what the hell is it?
Processing of dairy these days, what the cattle are fed and subsequently transferred into our dairy products that all of a sudden half of us are lactose bloody intolerant or going to die of bloody BC cause we drink milk!

I'm not angry at any of you guys btw, I read you comments with great interest but it frustrates the HELL out of me, eat youghurt/don't eat yoghurt/ organic so safe/ no organics not safe!

All I fricken know is our ancestors were a HELL of a lot healthier than we are now. They ate dairy, drunk milk, ate full fat. FrustrTed. Sorry *goesofftohaveasulk*

(13-02-2016, 07:47 PM)Candace Wrote:  Using the equations in this paper, with updated constants from this website I calculate that 500 mg EPA/DHA + 2 g flax oil brings me to 59.51% n6, 16.89% EPA/DPA, and 23.6% DHA.

Unfortunately, they assume the EPA/DHA in the diet is in the same ratio as in food, so I can't get an exact prediction of what would happen with flax plus just DHA. So I ran the numbers for just flax oil and found that 6 g would bring me to 68.06% n6, 17.82% EPA/DPA, and 14.12% DHA. So 6 g flax oil is enough for EPA/DPA and I'll just need to find a 300 mg DHA supplement to replace the 270 mg I currently get from Ovega-3.

Cows make phytanic acid from chlorophyll, so you'd have to go grass-free to eliminate it. Yogurt is associated with increased risk of prostate cancer (ref1 ref2) so with a family history of it I'm not touching it.

I'd like more information on that supposed calculator, it does not appear to take into consideration that men convert significantly less ALA to EPA and therefore even more significantly less to DHA.

As for phytanic acid, that's only a problem for a VERY small number of people, whom I am not one, thank god:

Quote:Individuals with adult Refsum disease, an autosomal recessive neurological disorder caused by mutations in the PHYH gene, have impaired α-oxidation activity and accumulate large stores of phytanic acid in their blood and tissues.[5] This frequently leads to peripheral polyneuropathy, cerebellar ataxia, retinitis pigmentosa, anosmia, and hearing loss.[6]

I don't have Refsum disease, and I've never experienced any of those problems from eating what even most other yogurt lovers would call excessive amounts of yogurt.

As for prostate cancer, personally, I wouldn't care even if it did increase my risk of prostate cancer, I kinda want that thing out anyways along with the rest of my male bits. However, if one IS concerned, what I've been saying all along is a good way to reduce that risk again, since the risk is only increased due to saturated fat content and calcium. Eat or take fish based products and the vitamins A and D, EPA, and DHA from that will normalize that back out again. Krill and algal sources for EPA and DHA also come with good vitamins A and D, so would also work as long as they aren't refined so highly as to remove most of the natural A and D. As I said before, however, krill and algal are both very prohibitively priced for most people.

(13-02-2016, 09:15 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  This does my head in!
I'm late 30's.
We grew up with milk delivered fresh by the milkman, in glass bottles left on the roadside until we brought it in.
Homogenised or not? Who knows. Worried about spoilage - no.
My grandmother lived on cups of teas and full cream and cheese scones, lard for cooking the list goes on.
Her sisters, cousins, parents, anties all drunk milk , are/were they suffering from lactose intolerance and dying of cancers = nope!
So what the hell is it?
Processing of dairy these days, what the cattle are fed and subsequently transferred into our dairy products that all of a sudden half of us are lactose bloody intolerant or going to die of bloody BC cause we drink milk!

I'm not angry at any of you guys btw, I read you comments with great interest but it frustrates the HELL out of me, eat youghurt/don't eat yoghurt/ organic so safe/ no organics not safe!

All I fricken know is our ancestors were a HELL of a lot healthier than we are now. They ate dairy, drunk milk, ate full fat. FrustrTed. Sorry *goesofftohaveasulk*

A lot of today's problems are due to pollution to our water supplies, oceans, and land. Others are due to the way stuff is grown/raised in a factory way with tons of synthetic products pumped in. Still others are due to the leaching of nutrients from the soil and the over-abundance of them in lakes, rivers, and delta's which has been caused by a number of inputs including all the above plus climate change. Still more are due simply to the balance of foods we eat today compared to what our ancestors ate. Too many things have changed for us to really ever get back to when times were simpler. But there are steps we can take to help alleviate some of the problems for ourselves, and, doing so, also put our money into areas of the economy that would make it clear we do not condone the bullshit that's been being done to the global ecosystem. Our food choices alone probably won't send a strong enough message though, so such a lifestyle change has to be more all-encompassing than just what you eat if you really want things to start to change.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon