Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Maca and PC made my PMS worse

Sad 

Hi everyone,

I just started doing NBE last month. I did some research online and read a lot of successful stories here. So I decided to take maca and progesterone cream in my NBE program as I'm a estrogen dominant (normal estrogen and deficient in progesterone). I read about maca and I found that it is for balancing the hormone and treating PMS ( I have serious PMS)so I think it would help me to balance my estrogen and progesterone level and I used PC at my luteal phase to alleviate my PMS. However, I think my PMS was worse than ever. Cramping and blood clotting became worse. even I took painkiller and it didn't help.

I wonder if anyone have the same situation like me. Or I actually missed the side effects of both Maca and PC. Should I stop taking them or keep doing it? I really want my breasts to growSad

P.s. I took very little amount of Maca (3g Maca powder) and used only 20mg PC at luteal phase.

I'd be cutting out maca.
Maybe just try the PC . Nothing worse than WORSE pm's....

That is a sign its working ! From what I've read if you truly are estrogen dominant your symptoms will get worse (first month or two) before it gets better. This is because your "waking up" the estrogen receptors. I would stay a little longer on your program, only because I've been doing same thing almost three months and my symptoms have gotten wayyyy better. Hope this helps

did you start the dose with 3g of maca? that dosage is too heavy, you should take a lower dose the first weeks ....

(22-02-2016, 12:07 AM)sweetorange Wrote:  did you start the dose with 3g of maca? that dosage is too heavy, you should take a lower dose the first weeks ....

Agreed. I can tolerate no more than 500mgs.
Plus there's evidence out there maca can contrive 'to' ovarian cysts so if your pms includes aching ovaries like mine does sometimes stop using it. There's good and bad to maca.

(22-02-2016, 12:17 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(22-02-2016, 12:07 AM)sweetorange Wrote:  did you start the dose with 3g of maca? that dosage is too heavy, you should take a lower dose the first weeks ....

Agreed. I can tolerate no more than 500mgs.
Plus there's evidence out there maca can contrive 'to' ovarian cysts so if your pms includes aching ovaries like mine does sometimes stop using it. There's good and bad to maca.

Thanks Ellacraig and sweetorange Smile3g was the within recommended dosage. I through it would be ok Sad But I have stopped maca this month and I am using PC during my lureal phase just now. Lets see what will happen Big Grin

(21-02-2016, 10:40 PM)Fcup792 Wrote:  That is a sign its working ! From what I've read if you truly are estrogen dominant your symptoms will get worse (first month or two) before it gets better. This is because your "waking up" the estrogen receptors. I would stay a little longer on your program, only because I've been doing same thing almost three months and my symptoms have gotten wayyyy better. Hope this helps

Thanks Fcup92 Smile
Since I got very bad PMS, I stopped taking Maca this month. I cannot bear the pain and maybe I will see if PC works for me. I will definitely starting taking Maca again if PC doesnt work for me. still need to refine my NBS programShy

And btw my boobs has swollen from 31.5'' to 33'' which made me super happy about that. But they shrank after my period Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon