Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bovine ovary safety

BO safety
October 15 2006 at 4:52 AM jasmine (Login jasmine3)
Just wondering if any of you ladies taking BO are worried about safety. I was seriously considering it but when I requested a safety guarantee (from botanical beauty lab) they were unable to provide one because they didn't have the appropriate information!!!

Because the source is bovine I would like to know for sure that there is absolutely no chance of the occurence of Bovine encephalopathy (mad cow disease).

Did any of you ladies get some sort of ingredient list with these products or any type of approval?

Any informaton would be appreciated,

Jasmine

Michelle Choi
(Login chelle_choi)
hi Jasmine
October 15 2006, 7:32 AM

the only ingredient list i have is on the bottle, which is bovine ovary, pituitary glandular and kelp. I didn't get any type of approval that you spoke of, they do say on bountiful's site that they're safe, but to be honest I'm not too concerned with that, since I've been taking the pills for almost 8months now and have not experienced any bad side effects at all. As long as I'm still eating the foods I eat everyday loaded with chemicals and pesticides along with using my microwave oven say or anything else in my house that puts out electromagnetic energy that could be harmful to my health, breathing the polluted air, and puffing on my nicotine filled cigarettes everyday, then I guess I can't be too concerned with taking bovine ovary. Point being if you're that concerned with getting a seal of approval on safetyness, then you probably shouldn't take it, cause I don't think anything is guaranteed if you ask me, even prescription drugs that are supposed to help conditions and illnesses, turn out later down the line as 'not so safe' and have ended up hurting someone's health or even killing them. We do have a choice about what we put into our bodies, so if you're ever that unsure about taking something, then I say always go with your gut instinct. Since I haven't experienced any negative side effects with the pills, my gut instinct doesn't tell me they're unsafe as of yet.

Janet
(no login)
Re: BO safety
October 15 2006, 8:12 AM

The FDA has warned that the following bovine material can transmit the "mad cow" infectious agent: spinal cord, brain, tonsils, thymus, spleen, intestines, liver, kidney, ovaries, mammary tissue, eye tissue.

Anonymous
(Login clairefarky)
BSE
October 15 2006, 9:13 AM

Please be aware that BSE (mad cow disease)is a disease that manifests over several years before it becomes aparent that you have it. xx Take Care xx

Daisy
(no login)
October 16 2006, 7:48 AM

I believe bovine ovary has been banned in the UK as a measure against the spread of mad cow disease.

Anonymous
(Login rkai93)
October 16 2006, 5:55 PM

they come from grass feed cattle in NZ or argentina - neither country has reported mad cow instances - mad cow disease comes from animals that have ingested other animal parts - like in the feed.

you can also get e-coli form eating spinach because cow poop travelled in the water supply
so matter how careful wer are, there are always risks

i'm not willing to give up eating hamburgers, so this is really no different, is it? But i do eat my hamburgers at reputable restaurants that have grain or grassfed meat......

claire
(Login clairefarky)
October 16 2006, 6:10 PM

think you might find that Argentinas quality assurance for their cattle is pretty basic and although they allegedly have no incidence of BSE amongst their cattle I think you might be surprised. Anyway it is ones own choice and we each of us have to weigh up the risks we want to take. Good luck x

If it comes from New Zealand then thats much better they are very conscientious with their farming practices.

Anonymous
(Login rkai93)
October 16 2006, 7:21 PM

the vitamin power stuff that fawn sells on her website is from NZ
i feel as safe taking BO as i do eating redmeat....which i know might sound wierd - but you would eat liver (or maybe not!)
i dunno
i do debate it sometimes but again, as long as i continue to eat steak and such can it really be any different?

sigh - the things we do
look at Botox.....injecting botolism in to our faces

jasmine
(no login)
October 24 2006, 11:24 AM

The risk of BE(bovine encephalopathy) is way higher if you consume the high risk parts of a cow such as brain and nervous tissue etc so if you eat hamburgers which is mailny the animal muscle (you would hope who knows what else goes in there) you are probably safer.

The main issue is that I know Australian meat standards are the absolute best so I feel safe eating meat in my country but I'm very careful about products like that from other countries. And who knows how specific they are about keeping to the rules. I just know that stuff like that wouldm't happen here because everyone is so legally concious especially with large scale industries such as the meat industry.

Also BE is a disease that has the worst symptoms and prognosis I have ever heard about so I just don't want to have that thought lurking in the back of my mind. Maybe in the future if they start producing stuff from a well known source I might feel safer giving it a go.

Thanks for everyone's replies

xx

Anonymous
(Login rkai93)
October 24 2006, 11:59 PM

it's from new zealand

Melanie
(no login)
October 26 2006, 9:57 AM

There is such a lot of nonsense being said in this thread that I wonder if people here are delusional. First of all, it is not true as rkai93 said that mad cow disease comes from animals that have ingested other animal parts. That was an ingenious theory which has been proven to be untrue. The real cause of the disease is genetic. Then Clare said that New Zealand should be okay because of their farming practices. Wrong again, because BSE is a genetic condition. You can't prevent it with good farming practices. Then Jasmine assures us that the Australian beef industry can't harm you because their standards are so high. Does she really think that? Presumably she thinks that the UK which had a mad cow outbreak is some kind of banana republic and that's why it happened. Actually the opposite is true, the UK and the whole of the EU have the highest standards possible, but it still happened and nobody can say that it wouldn't also happen in Australia.

Anonymous
(no login)
Question?
October 26 2006, 11:51 AM

Just out of curiousity, has there ever been a report of a human contracting mad cow disease? that we all have to worry about getting from past meat we have eating? I mean some people enjoy the brain, and the heart and I heard the liver is supposed to be very good ~ I am sure there has to be someone out there that has eaten meat from a diseased animal right?

Buffy
(Login Buffeee)
October 26 2006, 12:21 PM

The other girls are right. Mad cow disease comes from (basically) eating other cows. I have a friend who does research on prion disease (in humans). You can rest assured that even if you ate a cow with the disease, chances of you coming down with it are terribly small.

I don't know about Australia's farming standards, or those of the EU. One would need to do some research rather than just be nationalistic about it. (I'm not saying that anyone is-- I'd just hesitate to assume that MY county had the best standards just because.)

Claire
(Login clairefarky)
Melanie
October 26 2006, 5:55 PM

If you read more into the subject I think you will find that while CJD has been said to be genetic and around much longer than the first confirmed cases of BSE in cattle, the scientific world are at a crossroads as to whether the new strain called vCJD (varient) has jumped from cattle to humans through the eating of contaminated meat. I am a livestock farmers wife and would be the first person to want to say no to this theory but in this world you still have to show some degree of wariness. As I said before the choice is your own but be careful. It is unfare to dismiss peoples opinions as nonsense when the people in the know dont even know. xx

rach
(Login rkai93)
overall
October 26 2006, 8:43 PM

the beauty of forums like this is that it brings people with together that would normally never know one another. this forum is about women from all walks of life, differentraces, ages, etc for ONE COMMON GOAL - find an alternative to implants

we all have diferring opinions and that's what makes the world go round. The best thing any of us can do is research stuff and educate ourselves as best we can. What one person does is not what another will do.

forums are places where opinions and knowledge should flow freely and i for one love this. None of us can say something is "Fact" becuse there is obviously different studies that come up with different answers.

again, let's use this forum to educate each other and respect each other....ok?

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
October 27 2006, 10:34 AM

It would appear that Buffy is wrong to insist that BSE is caused by cows eating other cows, for the simple reason that BSE has been around longer than the idea of feeding cows with animal food, whether it is parts of other cows or sheep or whatever. That is quite a recent practice, but BSE has been known for a long time. However, that practice is certainly believed to be a cause of spreading the disease, which might be what she meant. Anyway, the main purpose of this message is to answer Anonymous, who wanted to know if any human had contracted mad cow disease. The answer is that according to the UK government there have been 162 cases of vCJD in the UK. This is the disease which is believed to be caused by eating infected bovine products and the information is recent and almost up-to-date (29 September 2006). It should be noted that 6 of those 162 cases are not yet confirmed because those 6 people are still alive. It's only possible to be absolutely sure the disease that someone has is the mad cow vCJD by carrying out a close brain examination after someone has died.

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
October 27 2006, 6:14 PM

Hi, very intersting stuff this Bo-
Melenie-I am from the Uk and im sorry but we and the EU do not have the highest standard possible, yes most British farmers do their up most, now i don't want loads of abuse here, but i would not eat meat from france, simple as that, there standards are not the highest.

In answer to the 1st question, I can not imaging any pharmasutical comany grinding up animal parts and selling them to grow breasts, if triles had not been done.Im sure tests must have been done for CJD, mad cows diesie and any other possible reaction/desies.I mean law suit wouldn't be the word for it if a handful of women contracted any desise because of taking the pills.-They just wouldn't be alowed to sell them would they

Also there are risks in doing everything, including NBE through herbs, some have elergic reactions, rashes,who's to say i wont turn into a borage tree?unlikley but who knows

I think its great so many people are doing NBE in so many ways, if i wasn't getting results with herbs i know i would have a bash with BO

I supose my question is, anyone taking BO, had growth? id be intersted to know

Vicky A
(Login VickyA)
October 28 2006, 9:02 PM

GingerD, I just want to clear a few things up. You said "they just wouldn't be alowed to sell them would they". Well in the UK they aren't allowed to sell them, they are banned I believe. As for what you said about law suits, you could not bring a law suit against a company because you had contracted mad cow disease, otherwise those in the UK that got it would have brought actions against Tesco and Sainsburys or wherever they get their meat from. In order to bring a law suit against a company you would need to ask them first of all to certify that the product would not transmit mad cow disease to you. Then if it did give you mad cow disease you could bring a law suit because they had told you it was safe when it wasn't. Without some kind of certificate you would have no argument at all. You knew bovine products carry a risk of mad cow disease, but you went ahead anyway and took the risk, so you would have no genuine complaint. One other thing is that you said you were sure that trials and tests had been done. But no, they haven't. There's no need to, because it'a already known that bovine ovary can transmit mad cow disease, so there's no point in carrying out tests to find that out. All anyone selling bovine ovary can do is source the material from cattle where there haven't been any mad cow cases, or take the material from young cows who haven't had a chance to develop the disease yet. So long as they are careful where they get the bovine ovary from, then it should be reasonably safe. Just one final note - if you contracted mad cow disease it would be difficult to establish where the infection came from. If you blamed it on the bovine ovary, the company selling that would say it could have been the meat you bought at Tescos, and Tescos would say it was the burger you had at MacDonalds. So how could you prove anything to bring a law suit?

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
October 29 2006, 12:11 AM

Woo V-point taken, as i said im no expert about mad cows desiese or cjd etc,and clearly no idea obout law suits.good job u do
guess il stick wi mi herbs to b on the safe side lol

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
ginger
October 30 2006, 2:29 PM

since you asked, michelle choi had most if not all of her growth from bountiful, which is bo... c4me just started and said she has some growth. i started on the generic bo and i like to think something is happening (though my husband didnt notice... i finally got to see him for a week after a few months apart).

so i guess its like herbs... works for some, not for others. rumor is that it works for smaller frame girls or girls with no kids or men faster and easier, though i dont really know the reason. probably needs less fat? i dont know...

anyway, just so your question didnt go unanswered!!

hugs and good boobie wishes to all...

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
October 30 2006, 2:38 PM

Thanks emmie-Hope you get the growth you hope for,

Bobbie blessings GingerD

April Anna
(Login April_Anna)
BE CAREFUL!!!!
November 2 2006, 3:58 AM

Hi!!

As a medicine student I can assure you that too high dosages of BO for more than 3-4 months may get you serious health problems, like diabetes, internal organs disturb, etc.

Make sure you don't use a very high dosage per day and DO NOT take it for more than 4 months. Make a break of 3-4 months and then you may use them again.

Not everyone develops this kind of problems even when taking BO for long periods, since it depends on genetic and metabolic factors which are different from individual to individual. But it REALLY IS recommended to use this kind of product with some restrictions. It is always better to prevent.

Best wishes, =)

April Anna

cher
(Login cherasia)
To april anna
November 3 2006, 7:30 PM

Hi, i would like to know how high is high for the BO dosage intake per day? and if i keep it low, how long can i take that? Thanks

Anonymous
(Login April_Anna)
To Cher.
November 3 2006, 11:07 PM

Dear Cher,

I would recommend you to take the lowest dosage you can find, since those products are sold in different available concentrations. The maximum I recommend you would be 500 mg per day. Independentely of the concentrations, the general advice is not to take it for longer than 3-4 months, in order to avoid the organism habituation to the product.

If you notice any side effect, reduce the dosage. If even then the symptons appear, you should stop taking it immediately.

Big hug, and good luck!!!

April

cher
(Login cherasia)
November 4 2006, 9:12 AM

For your info i had email bountiful for the following question:

do i need to stop taking product after every 4mths use. And start again after stoping for some months? i heard that it is harmful to take progesterone for 4 mths or so continuously.

NO, WE ONLY HAVE 0.5 MG OF PROGESTERONE, HARDLY ENOUGH TO CAUSE ANY HARMFUL SIDEEFFECTS.

There is natural progesterone, our site goes into great depth on natural progesterone, however; the hormones are neglible and are destroyed by the stomach acid.

Natural progesterone would only come from a natural source, either animal or plant, our product is made from animal which is natural; there is no artificial progestin in our product. Progestin is a drug and is a prescription item found in birth control pills and called Provera used singularly, progestin is not available over the counter. Progestin has an altered molecular configuration and has side effects and does not protect against cancer.

As we age and eat more contaminated food and water, breathe dirty air, etc. We start seeing our female bodies producing more bad estrogen as opposed to good estrogen. To counteract this we suggest using a natural product made from brocoli which has in it. This will cause your body to make or rather conjugate estrogen down the proper pathway in your liver resulting in "good estrogen". You can do a google search on

Indole-3-carbinol or I3C

TAKING TOO MANY HERBS CONTAINING PROGESTERONE CAN CAUSE BREAST DECREASE RATHER THAN BREAST INCREASE. THIS IS JUST HOW HORMONES WORK. OUR BB PILLS HAS APPROXIMATELY 0.5 MG OF PROGESTERONE, AND MOST OF THIS GETS ABSORBED THROUGH OUR STOMACH ACIDS..

ALSO OUR PILLS DO NOT PROMOTE MILK PRODUCTION, NOR DOES IT INTERFERE WITH PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING IN LATER YEARS.

Hope you can answer all my questions and doubtsSmile thanks alot for the patience!!

TRUST THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN HELPFUL TO YOU.

JULIE

So April Anna, do you think this is safe enough for me to take their products since is 0.5mg progesterone and is natural source? and i also don't have to stop after taking few months because of side effect?

I want make sure i'm taking safely for my health concern. Smile

April Anna
(Login April_Anna)
Bountiful
November 4 2006, 2:59 PM

Dear Cher,

if what they say is true, the animal progesterone concentration is really low and you should have no problem. To get your final goal perhaps you have to take it for at least 6 months. However, since then, what is recommended by doctors and physiologists is to gradually decrase the dosage. Independentely on the dosage, you are giving your organism a product that will interfer with metabolic processes. For a matter of safety, and since scientific research has not prove yet about their safety, that's the only you way you may be sure that you are not having problems in the future - never forget that side effects may appear only few years later.

As a matter a fact, that is true that vegetal products have been showed to be safer than those with animal origin. That is up to you to make the choice, but keep in mind the periods they are recommended to be taken. ANd never forget that mershandising campains always say their products are 100% natural and safe... I knew a girl who took Breast Success, they assured her she would have no side effects, and she was suffering taquichardy since their product contains L-tyrosine. Some girls will have no side effects, but others will...

Big hug, and feel free to ask whatever you want!! I'm glad I can help, thank you also for the encouragement which is so important to keep on with NBE!

April Anna

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
November 7 2006, 1:25 PM

COMPLETLY DIFFERENT SUBJECT BUT PLEASE READ ON:
i have found out some more info about collagen-Abit scarey on one part becuase, it brings back the previous worries regarding BO, il put what i found out:

The cosmetic use of collagens is declining because:

1. there is a fairly high rate of allergic reactions causing prolonged redness and requiring inconspicuous patch testing prior to cosmetic use, and
2. most medical collagen is derived from cows, posing the risk of transmitting prion diseases like BSE
3. alternatives using the patient's own fat or hyaluronic acid are readily available.

Now a PRION DESEASE IS:short for proteinaceous infectious particle,is a type of infectious agent made only of protein. Prions are believed to infect and propagate by refolding abnormally into a structure which is able to convert normal molecules of the protein into the abnormally structured form, and they are generally quite resistant to denaturation by protease, heat, radiation, and formalin treatments, although potency or infectivity can be reduced. The term does not, however, a priori preclude other mechanisms of transmission.
Although genetic research may shed light on prions, they are not a genetic disease.

Now presuably BO ,as it is mad from cows would also carry these risks.

Somthing i decided could not be true but reading this must be.

So i thaught it would share it with you and apollogise for my disbelief regarding BO after reading this it has scared me off BO

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon