Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Omega 3 and Omega 6

Hello Blush

I want to start taking both orally and I know omega 3 is for balancing omega 6 but I still not sure how much to take of each one.

I've started taking 1000 mg Omega 3 and another 1000mg Omega6, but I'd like to know how much is the maximum in a day and specially how much I can take for avoiding PMS .

I have been doing a deep research about this but I couldn't find nothing!!Sad

http://nz.iherb.com/Solgar-EPA-GLA-60-Softgels/12348

Here you go.

Nature day cream, I'd go through the ingredients and if you are happy using parabens or not, they are a mix bag of questinability.[/u]

World Health Organization recommends 1,500 mg omega 3, from EPA+DHA.
Country recommendations vary from 300 to 3,000 mg omega 3 (Japan).
ALA is a different type of omega 3 and doesn't count, but it is good as its own type of fatty acid. And the body converts 10% of it into EPA.

Studies show optimal health with a 1:1 to 1:4 ratio of omega 3 to omega 6. You don't need an omega 6 supplement. Any vegetable oil has tons of omega 6. Rather it's more likely that you'll get too much omega 6 to maintain a good ratio. If you eat the healthiest of nuts such as almonds and sunflower seeds as you should, then you may need 3,000 mg omega 3 simply to get up to a 1:4 ratio. And then a 1:1 ratio, the maximum before the benefits are no longer ideal, would be 12,000 mg. It's unlikely that any amount is harmful, your body would just burn the extra as calories.

Cooking with coconut oil can avoid excess omega 6, since it contains no omega 6. Olive oil has 1 part ALA for every 10 parts omega 6. Walnut oil has 1 part ALA for every 4 parts omega 6. Flax oil has 1 part ALA for every 1 part omega 6. Nearly all other oils have omega 6 but no ALAs. Instead of taking an EPA/DHA supplement you may eat seafood 2-4 times a week to average roughly 1,500-3,000 mg EPA+DHA a day.

Essential fatty acids are important building blocks of many parts of the body including the brain, skin and even every single cell in its cell membrane. It is likewise important for heart health due to the effect fats have on the heart, and for anything else fat/oil related such as maintaining a healthy weight, acne, etc. Fat in general is a building material, but essential fatty acids are the fats that the body cannot make itself and must be consumed in the diet.

(19-02-2016, 03:21 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  World Health Organization recommends 1,500 mg omega 3, from EPA+DHA.
Country recommendations vary from 300 to 3,000 mg omega 3 (Japan).
ALA is a different type of omega 3 and doesn't count, but it is good as its own type of fatty acid. And the body converts 10% of it into EPA.

Studies show optimal health with a 1:1 to 1:4 ratio of omega 3 to omega 6. You don't need an omega 6 supplement. Any vegetable oil has tons of omega 6. Rather it's more likely that you'll get too much omega 6 to maintain a good ratio. If you eat the healthiest of nuts such as almonds and sunflower seeds as you should, then you may need 3,000 mg omega 3 simply to get up to a 1:4 ratio. And then a 1:1 ratio, the maximum before the benefits are no longer ideal, would be 12,000 mg. It's unlikely that any amount is harmful, your body would just burn the extra as calories.

Cooking with coconut oil can avoid excess omega 6, since it contains no omega 6. Olive oil has 1 part ALA for every 10 parts omega 6. Walnut oil has 1 part ALA for every 4 parts omega 6. Flax oil has 1 part ALA for every 1 part omega 6. Nearly all other oils have omega 6 but no ALAs. Instead of taking an EPA/DHA supplement you may eat seafood 2-4 times a week to average roughly 1,500-3,000 mg EPA+DHA a day.

Essential fatty acids are important building blocks of many parts of the body including the brain, skin and even every single cell in its cell membrane. It is likewise important for heart health due to the effect fats have on the heart, and for anything else fat/oil related such as maintaining a healthy weight, acne, etc. Fat in general is a building material, but essential fatty acids are the fats that the body cannot make itself and must be consumed in the diet.

Sounds like a reason to drink Bulletproof Coffee, actually.
MCFA (Medium Chain Fatty Acids) abound from the Coconut oil mixed into it. Also high in fat, so good (well, OK) for Ketogenic diet, for those like me who need to drop a ton of fat.

Going to get interesting... I'll need to use fish oil as well as other oils, and probably look to lots of tuna as well (which will mean lots of blueberries to chelate the heavy metals later.)

-Dianna

Sounds like a plan.

Other fish besides tuna have hardly any mercury nor other heavy metals. Every step in the food chain is a 10 fold increase/decrease in heavy metals and most other fish are smaller than tuna. The smaller line caught tuna is also nice. Tuna is still ok about 100 times a year though while still maintaining a good factor of safety. Distribute it however you want since the mercury must accumulate to be harmful.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon