Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Added SP to my routine today (1 x 500mg)- induced bleeding?

I just added SP to my pills. I take them twice a day. I took 1 Fenugreek, 1 Spearmint and 1 Saw Palmetto about 2 hours ago. I went pee and saw a glop of blood. My period isn't supposed to start until this coming Thursday/Friday.

Normal? Should I be concerned? Should I change the dose?

Boobs have also been tender (before I took SP), when I press against them. If that matters.

(22-02-2016, 02:52 AM)starfish1992 Wrote:  I just added SP to my pills. I take them twice a day. I took 1 Fenugreek, 1 Spearmint and 1 Saw Palmetto about 2 hours ago. I went pee and saw a glop of blood. My period isn't supposed to start until this coming Thursday/Friday.

Normal? Should I be concerned? Should I change the dose?

Boobs have also been tender (before I took SP), when I press against them. If that matters.

Was the blood "spotting" or did it come out with your pee?
Go with your gut eh... If you've just started taking herbs then an early period could be on the cards but in all honesty I think it's rTher odd if your normally on time.

I'd stop what you added pre spotting, believe me, irregular periods is where the hormone inbalNces start.

Ps I seems the usual dosage is 160mg x 2 daily, 500 is quite high, even 320mg didn't agree with me.
I could as much as just "look" at a bottle of saw palmetto and I'd get pimples... No lie, I'm not a pimply person at all, but every time I took even one 160mg pill I'd have pimples the next day. I suspect it interferes it's hormones quite strong?..

It seems like it has started my period. I thought SP was known for regulating periods and making them lighter.

Don't underestimate how these plants effect us. Some tolerate them great, others not so much

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon