Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Chicken Feet Soup

how do you clean your chicken feet before cooking
April 17 2009 at 6:18 PM
ashley (Login ashleyjt)
and do you cut the claws off before boiling or do that after?

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
Re: how do you clean your chicken feet before cooking
April 17 2009, 8:33 PM

Here's a link to the exact recipe I follow:

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/00...n_feet.php

It's tells all about how to clean them, etc.

When I'm done I put some stock in a container in the fridge to use for the week, and the rest I freeze in ice cube trays to make soup or add to pasta sauce, stir fry, etc.

Is Steamed Chicken Feet as effective as CFS
June 12 2009 at 6:49 AM salome83 (no login)

Hi,

I just have a question regarding chicken feet, i live in NYC and in Chinatown they sell marinated chicken feet which you can steam in a pot easily. it takes like 45 minutes, and since it is already marinated with spicy black bean sauce you don't need to spend time on doing the cleanin and preparing the soup.
I tried it last week and i actually found it eatable Smile I never tried cooking CFS but since i don't have much time to prepare the soup this seemed an easy solution to me.

What do you think girls, can i still get the collagen if I eat the steamed chicken feet instead of CFS?

Thank you in advance, I think the idea of getting that much of collagen through chicken feet is exciting!

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
Re: Is Steamed Chicken Feet as effective as CFS
June 12 2009, 11:27 PM

It should be fine, it's just steamed CF right? In that case it's not cooked long enough for all the collagen to have leached out into the water.

Salome83
(no login)
Steamed chicken feet
June 14 2009, 12:23 AM

Hi Double Ace,

Thanks a lot for answering, i hope to get results similar to yours! congratulations for all your growth and thanks for the inspiration.

Yes it is just chicken feet, marinated with a sauce. It is quite yummy actually and i steam it for like 40-45 minutes on a rack in a pot. I don't put any water into the plate where the chicken feet is so, there is almost nothing except the chicken feet to eat/drink.

That's good if I can get the collagen this way!!
Thanks,

ANOTHER question about CFS!!!!!!!
June 29 2009 at 2:21 AM
may (Login Cselestyna)
hi there, i have a question,

for the last month or so i;ve been making my CFS, religiously every week with the chicken feet....but now my supermarket doesnt have them as usual, they only have deboned ones!!

doesn't that defeat the purpose? doesn't all the collagen and the good stuff come from the bones? isn't that why people make chicken broth with the bones????

has anyone tried this deboned method and if so have you seenr results from it? because i really don't want to waste my money on the deboned ones if they don't work as well.

any help is much appreaciated Smile

Devchonka
(Login devchonka24)
Re: ANOTHER question about CFS!!!!!!!
June 30 2009, 5:18 AM

Hello,

I am not the best person so answear your question but I do remember someone saying that they ate CFS with deboned feet. Not sure if there were any results. As I understand collagen comes from cartilage which is connective tissue b/w the bones. On the other hand ears are all cartilage and there are no bones. . . LOL I totally didnt answear any of your questions but at least this will bring your thread on top and hopefully someone will have a better answear.

How are you doing on CFS?

Best growth
Devchonka.

14AAA
(Login 14AAA)
Chicken Feet - Boned or Deboned
June 30 2009, 2:49 PM

Hey Girls,

Hope you don't mind if I jump in Smile
I would say it doesn't really matter cos you can get the gelatin from boiling the chicken feet, even if there's no bones.
I've also just started the chicken feet soup - just been a week (but I've always had the soup from time to time anyhow!). I boil it with raw peanuts and black-eye peas to give it flavour and some substance Smile

When I eat the chicken feet, I do notice bits of cartilage hang off the bone but I guess, the answer is better you have it deboned than not at all? Right? Smile Maybe you can try and go to a different place? All the Asian butchers have them.

Good Luck!

PS It's only been 3 days and I've used 14 feet and I have about a day or two left still in the pot Smile Have noticed some tingling and it may be due to that (I haven't started massage) or to the MSM I have also just started or else the increase protein diet of chicken, seafood and fish I have just started! hehe!! Too many factors Smile

Sandra
(Login SandraDD)
Re: ANOTHER question about CFS!!!!!!!
July 2 2009, 2:26 PM

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the collagen Also comes from the skin & the layer under the skin.

chicken feet and cow's feet
December 29 2007 at 3:10 PM Woolly Sheep (no login)
do you think that cow's feet will have the same effects on nbe as chicken feet?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: chicken feet and cow's feet
December 30 2007, 10:43 AM

I'm not an expert on these Chinses methods, but aren't all these feet just a source of protein? Then a protein shake would do the same.

sparky23
(Login sparky23)
Animal Feet! Smile
December 30 2007, 12:22 PM

I was thinking about it from the other post ... and I think they're both sticky/gelatine type foods. That could be why after women have babies, in the cantonese tradition, they have lots of pig trotters (in the sweet vinegar)?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
December 30 2007, 1:39 PM

Yes, gelatine is a good source of essential amino acids. But it seems that some people think these animal feet are the part of NBE which makes you grow, but it's not, it's just the part that ensures adequate diet.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
December 31 2007, 1:26 AM

I agree with -Moon- 100% about these feet being a source if protein and such... which is why I refrain from eating any, I just try fit in healthy and protein rich foods in my diet whenever I can Smile good luck

Woolly Sheep
(no login)
December 31 2007, 8:13 AM

I'm currently trying duck feet.

Chicken feet soup smells like dirt?
May 13 2009 at 9:14 PM
Dani (Login Stirl)
Hi!
I finally found some chicken feet at a market here and bought 4 packages raw. They didn't have a yellow skin over them or the nails, so I didn't do anything else to clean them before putting them into the pot...they have been simmering for about and hour and a half, and the liquid smells like dirt....it doesn't have the same clean chicken smell that chicken broth does...is this normal?
Thanks in advance for any helpSmile

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
Re: Chicken feet soup smells like dirt?
May 13 2009, 11:07 PM

Check LaReve's or Susie's chicken feet stock recipe on food and drink page.
Or you can throw in some celery, carrots, onion (or some other veggi, such as lettece, tomato...-even if it's not fresh enough to eat as salad, that's fine, dont waste it), or some rice/cooking wine to cook together, it should smell good.

Dani
(Login Stirl)
May 14 2009, 3:39 AM

Thanks I will try adding some veggies and rice vinegarSmile

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
May 14 2009, 5:01 PM

In the recipe that I follow, there is a step to clean the feet (even if the yellow skin is already off) that involves boiling for a few minutes, dumping the water, and then starting over with fresh water and a clean pot. Sounds like you didn't do that step.

If I were you I would skim off ALL the foam that comes to the top.

My recipe is posted like Fengshui said, and it has always smelled DREAMY every time I have made it. YUM.

Good luck!

Dani
(Login Stirl)
May 14 2009, 8:56 PM

Thanks Lareve, I added some onions and chicken stock, and had skimmed it, but it is much better nowSmile

32dds
(Login natural32dds)
May 15 2009, 1:52 PM

Heres my recipe (from my mom and grandma):

Cock soup mix (Chicken broth)
Onion
Thyme
Pimento (Allspice)
Scotch Bonnet Peppers
Garlic
Pumpkin (Squash)
Carrots
Potatoes
Dumplings

Boil the chicken feet first then slowly add the seasoning, then the veggies.

Oooh, it taste so good, when I am done!

Hope this helps.

chicken feet and collagen powder
April 29 2009 at 5:11 AM sara (no login)
where does everyone get their chicken feet can i buy in walmart or superstore and where can i buy collagen powder
i will use collagen powder if i cant find any chicken feet

Sandra
(Login SandraDD)
Re: chicken feet and collagen powder
April 29 2009, 4:29 PM

I buy mine chicken feet at supermarkets. If you can't find them i supermarkets you frequent, try to go to an Asian one, you'll definitely find them.

I've been researching collagen powder too. The best one I've found is Neocell. I think it was featured on Oprah. It's usually more affordable--about $10 a month. Check out my post about "where to buy herbs". Celebritychick kindly offered her discount code for iHerbs and I found out that iHerbs has NeoCell.

I would buy the powder, not the pill, even tho pill seems more convenient. But MAKE SURE you take it with vitamin C!!

sara
(no login)
April 29 2009, 8:37 PM

thanks it was very helpful

Butterfly
(no login)
April 30 2009, 7:53 PM

None of the supermarkets around here carry chicken feet and we live too far from the city for Asian markets, so I looked up "butchers" or "meat shops" in the yellow pages and went down the list calling everyone till I FINALLY found a shop that sells them. So anyone having a hard time finding them could try this.

For Fengshui or Tiger Lily - Duck feet
December 20 2007 at 3:53 PM Guest (no login)
Hi,
What about using duck feet in place of chicken feet in soup recipes?
I couldn't find chicken feet, but I did find duck feet. The soup was good....
Do you think it would be a good replacement?
Thanks.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
Re: For Fengshui or Tiger Lily - Duck feet
December 22 2007, 3:17 AM

It doesn't matter what kind of gelatin it is.
it just that chicken feet contain mostly gelatin, barely fat.
So, if the broth you make from the duck feet will turn into jelly-like after chilled in frige, I don't see why not using duck feet. Hope this helps. :-)

Mingmei
(Login Mingmei)
December 23 2007, 8:56 AM

I think both chicken and duck feet contain high level of gelatin, so using duck should be okay.

(no login)
Thanks!
January 4 2008, 6:02 AM

Thanks for the info. For anyone else who is interested, the duck feet soup does turn into jelly once put into the fridge. It tastes fine. Just like strong chicken soup Smile
I'll keep you posted if I notice any difference with it.

Lost Sheep
(Login fengshuiTW)
January 5 2008, 7:40 AM

I just read it on TW newspaper, goose feet have lots of gelatin, too. Goose is netural I think, duck is on the cool side, may add some ginger root to balance it and better the flavor.

HERE IS THE TRUTH BEHIND THE CHICKEN FEET/CHICKEN THING
October 11 2007 at 4:11 AM Lost Sheep (Login SaggyBaggy)
CHICKEN FEET? i think i know why people say chicken feet. MY husband family is from Jamaica in west indies. His mom told me they use to feed the chickens something to make them grow bigger than normal. it caused people who ate these chicken to plump up. They made something called chicken pills and the girls use to take them to create more curves but she said they don't sell them no more. people eat chicken with their meals on the regular to see an effect, i assume you have to eat chicken feet with your meals on a daily basis

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
Re: HERE IS THE TRUTH BEHIND THE CHICKEN FEET/CHICKEN THING
October 11 2007, 7:09 AM

It's all about gelatin/collagen, the most famouse boobie soups from TW are probably green papaya sea base soup and peanut pig hock soup. All those soups are rich in gelatin/collagen (turn into jello-like after chilled). Chicken feet soup was just my personal choice because from the broth I can make all kinds of different type of soups so I don't get tired of it, secondly, I don't like fish too much, thirdly, the sea base soup doesn't taste good the next day, it gets too fishy. The feet soup you can make a weeks worth then heat up whenever needed.
So, it's not about what kind of soup or gelatin/collagen, just gelatin/collagen. You can use the whole bird, but it has more fat you need to get rid of, (if you worry about gaining weight, same as pig hock soup)plus it costs more, chicken feet are mainly gelatin/collagen, barely any fat, so that's easier, that's all.

If it's hard for you to accecpt chicken feet soup, there are other soups to choose from.

Jen
(Login blitz1228)
October 11 2007, 7:28 AM

Hey Fengshui, what about gelatin supplements? Do you take those as well, or just the soup?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
October 11 2007, 11:42 AM

The Jamaican thing with chicken pills wasn't people taking pills made from chicken it was people taking hormonal pills that are meant to be fed to chickens, and as far as I'm aware it was just to put on general weight some of which goes to the boobs but not specifically for boob growth.

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
October 11 2007, 9:09 PM

wish all the foods out there were oganic, people would be so much healthier.

To Jen, I think it's worth a try, some girls seem to find gelatin supplements helpful, I have never tried supplements, though.

Jello vs Chicken Feet Soup?
March 20 2009 at 6:09 PM Lisa (Login Chibichan_630)
Hey everyone,

I just had a question. Would jello be an good substitute for chicken feet soup? I can't really find anyone who carries chicken feet, and I doubt I would be able to go through making soup if I did find them. No offense, I'm just squeemy at the idea because I'm not used to eating things like that. Plus, my husband would think I've gone nuts if I start boiling up chicken feet for no reason. I'd have to explain that it's for my boobs and I don't really want him to know I'm doing NBE. Thanks for your help!

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
Re: Jello vs Chicken Feet Soup?
March 21 2009, 12:18 AM

You can just use the chicken feet broth to make any soup you like, it's just like chicken broth, you don't need to eat the feet.
Jello might work, too. You can make avocado smoothies, blend with soy milk and jello (even mix in some saseme or peanut podwer), if you like the taste it can be your boobie drink.

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
March 21 2009, 3:12 AM

Fengshui, Do you think it would have been possible to grow even than you did (2 cups), using the same routine even longer?

Thanks ;-)

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
March 21 2009, 5:39 AM

I don't know you are asking about me or you, haha. My answer is yes to both. For you, I have no doubt, for me, I still think it's possible. Base on the same routine there are small changes to make, give the routine a boost or re-boost.
I think it's good for you to start a programme page for better tracking, then you will know when it's time to try a boost, or something you do/did is a counterplan, or it's time for a break. Also, a reference bra is great, it tells you about your growth (volume-wise) when it doesn't show on the measuring tape. Smile

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
March 21 2009, 8:01 AM

thanks, I meant you, lol.

Fengshui, I'm in pain over here, I'm having my period and I know you said pain during period is not a good sign for NBE. I don't like pain killers either, is there anything I can do?

Sorry for hijacking your thread Lisa!

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
March 21 2009, 8:20 AM

Try ginger root tea see if it helps.
Ginger root 5 slices + brown sugar + (10 dried red dates/jujube-optional) boil for 10 min.
Or add some vinegar to your boobie soup.
Put heat bag over your tummy. Also being a night person is big NBE NONO.
And, no cold drinks or cold type foods during periods.
Hope you feel better soon.

This message has been edited by fengshuiTW on Mar 21, 2009 8:23 AM

double_ace
(Login double_ace)
March 21 2009, 5:59 PM

Thanks, yes I'm a night person, I need to change lol,
I'm on the 3rd day of NBE and after my massage my breasts feel tender and a bit painful. My breasts are firmer than before and they sit up higher. Even with flat breasts they were kind of saggy, but now they sit up higher on my chest. And the nipples seem less dull and saggy too.

I think it's too soon for me to post a picture but I'll be sure to do that when I've had real growth. One thing I learned is to not check my breasts too often in the mirror and to measure all the time (I don't even measure and don't plan to since the mirror tells the story) since it will have a negative effect on your thoughts which will be detrimental to NBE. I think massage is 33% of NBE, food is 33%, and then visualization and positive thinking is 33%!

Lisa
(no login)
You're not hijacking it
March 23 2009, 4:04 PM

Don't worry about it. My periods are terrible, too. So, this is good info. ^_^

Sylvie
(no login)
March 23 2009, 12:49 PM

If you don't want your husband to know you're doing NBE I can see why it would be tricky boiling chicken feet every day. It would be hard to explain why you suddenly find it such an appealing delicacy that you had to make it every day. Smile

Still you could add the gelatin to almost any dish after the feet had been boiled.

To Tigerlilly and anyone else making chicken feet soup...
May 4 2007 at 11:55 PM Kiran (Login Kiran07)
Hi, i want to start taking the chicken feet soup as partof my NBE routine. I have asked around so many supermarkets for chicken feet and people just look at me with a black face as though im strange for asking! I was wondering, can i buy a whole chicken, or just chicken legs, and use the feet from them?

PS: Fab results! Smile x

fengshui
(Login fengshuiTW)
Re: To Tigerlilly and anyone else making chicken feet soup...
May 5 2007, 9:47 AM

You should be able find chicken feet at any asain supermarkets, if you use the whole chicken or chicken legs you get more fat than gelatin/collagen, and that's the main reason for the chicken feet soup--the gelatin/collagen intake.(chicken feet dont really have much fat)
Or if you can find sea bass (the whole fish) that's really good, too. You can make green papaya sea bass soup, that's a renowned boobie soup for chinese (the lady I learned the food+massage method from used sea bass soup, and grew from B to E). Actually many kind of fish may work, just sea bass has more gelatin/collagen.
If you can't find any of above, i guess you can consider caps or knox gelatin.
Hope this helps.

Marlene
(Login Marlene)
Re: To Tigerlilly and anyone else making chicken feet soup...
May 5 2007,12:16 PM

also curry chicken feet with, carrot and Irish potato diced, sweet pepper and sauté onion is finger licking

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon