Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Licorice root

Sorry another Testosterone blocker find- Licorice root
March 3 2006 at 10:20 PM Sylvia (no login)
licorice root was mentioned in the f2f as being a good testosterone blocker and has strong phytoesterons. thought i might share. it helps to elevate cortisol slightly which causes a reduction in testosterone.

gh jill
(no login)
Re: Sorry another Testosterone blocker find- Licorice root
March 3 2006, 10:21 PM

licorice should really have more of a mention here. it's often linked to breast development.

Steph
(no login)
Thanks for the share HB!
March 3 2006, 10:31 PM

I havnt studied LR too much so I have a question,is LR considered dangerous in CERTAIN situations,I couldve swore I ran accross a herb profile that said that at some point??

Sunset
(no login)
you have to be carefull with licorice
March 4 2006, 12:40 AM

At very high doses (over 50 grams per day) it can lead to headache,water retention,or high blood pressure.

*DO NOT use licorice for more than 4-6 weeks at a time.
*DO NOT exceed manufacturers dosage amounts.

It does have MANY benefits, and at its recommended dosage amounts (1-2 grams per day) side effects are highly unlikely.

*Licorice is THE ONLY HERB that BALANCES ESTROGEN,STIMULATES PROLACTIN,and BLOCKS TESTOSTERONE -ALL AT THE SAME TIME. (I think that is awsome!)

*Blocks testosterone from converting into DHT by inhibiting the enzyme,5-alpha-reductase.

*Licorice was found to be one of the 4 MOST POTENT sorces of PHYTOESTROGENS tested. Along with (soy, red clover,and hops)

I would love to hear from who has taken this, it is supposed to be supper good for NBE. And I think as long as you are carefull, it could be very benifical. AND-it does 3 things at once-that could eliminate haveing to take so many different herbs.

I am interested in Kudzu also. It is said to be HIGHLY effective for NBE.
there have been no seriouse side effects reported, and allergies to it are very rare.

Steph
(no login)
Re: Sorry another Testosterone blocker find- Licorice root
March 4 2006, 3:00 AM

Thanks Sunset,that was helpful so maybe that will be my new "strong" herb that I add towards the end of my routine rather then the PM:-)

SugarQ
(no login)
ok im confused.
March 4 2006, 3:48 AM

Licorice root is suppose to increase cortisol levels. which is why its recommended for cronic fatigue. increased cortiol levels help to boost estrogen levels by lowering testosterone levels. good for NBE

Now i keep reading here and there that it increases prolactin levels. i believe prolactin is bad for testosterone, right? (not too sure). so it also good for NBE.

anyways, im confused cause i thought cortiol lowers prolactin levels. so how does licorice root actually work?

Sunset
(no login)
Not to sure
March 4 2006, 4:49 PM

I will have to do some more "digging" on it as well. Anyways, it looks like licorice is worth a place in our breast discussions.

Sunset
(no login)
Hey-SugarQ
March 4 2006, 8:09 PM

I found an web site that does talk about licorice encouraging the production of hormones such as hydrocorisone. (anti-inflammatory)

Check it out if your interested, I found out some things about licorice I didnt know about before after reading through it.

http://www.rain-tree.com/licorice.htm

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon