Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek and Smell!

Fenugreek and Smell!
February 4 2009 at 9:01 PM madboobie (Login madboobie)
Girls,

is it guaranteed that if you take fenugreek you're gonna end up smelling like pancakes?!

Is there any correlation with how much you take or is it down to persopnal body chemistry??

Anyone NOT smelled?!

Cheers....

Dreamer
(Login LuCLu)
OH yeah!
February 4 2009, 9:09 PM

Girl,
let me tell you..... everyday that i took that stuff, people would always say (within my vicinity)...why does it smell like maple syrup? Some of my bras still smell like it even and they've been washed. I got told once i smelled like curry. LOL>....i was like, alright.....there's got to be other herbs that do the same thing without the nasty smell!! you can handle it for awhile, until people are like..."wheres that smell coming from."

no joke.
You might want to skip it.

LaReve
(Login LaReve)
Re: Fenugreek and Smell!
February 4 2009, 11:01 PM

When I was just taking the liquid extract of Fenugreek I never noticed a smell.

But be assured that if you drink Fenugreek tea, you will spend your days smelling "maple syrup" from your armpits!!! Call me crazy, but I drink the tea every day and actually don't mind the mapley smell.

;-)

Susie
(Login sweetcakesky)
February 4 2009, 11:47 PM

I take it twice a day each day and I have never noticed a smell. I've never had anyone say I smell like it.

Panda
(Login itchy_panda)
February 5 2009, 12:11 AM

I probably wouldn't have cared so much if I smelled like maple syrup. But I think my body chemistry made it even worse. While I was taking fenugreek omebody once asked me if I was smoking cigars! haha I guess I would've continued to take it, but fenugreek made me way too tired. I had no energy to do anything, so I quit. I didn't think fennel was potent enough, so I'm currently looking for alternatives.

madboobie
(no login)
February 5 2009, 10:17 AM

Come to think of it I think when I was taking wonderup I had a vague maple syrup arm pit aroma! Mmm, nice...

Thanks for your feedback girls, keep it coming!

I'm slowly being put off....

adrianna
(no login)
fenugreek
February 5 2009, 3:35 PM

its wierd because when I was on birth control I only smelled like maple syrup if i massaged with fenugreek. If i didnt then there was no smell. When I went off birth control I started sweating a whole lot more and it smelled like fenugreek. I wonder if the fenugreek had more of an effect off birth control or if it was just my hormones going crazy that made me sweat more.

MrsJimHalpert
(Login MrsJimHalpert)
February 6 2009, 12:44 AM

I could not stand the smell. it was like a maple syrup/BO smell. i switched to fennel since.

Lillypilly
(Login Lillypilly)
February 6 2009, 1:31 AM

So funny!!! You know last week I was at the cash register when this girl working behind the counter blurts out "I can smell maple syrup" I just about DIED!! I looked at her and said, "I'm drinking a caramel coffee, maybe that's what you can smell" and she was like "Yeah, that must be it, I'm all for the caramel".
I still had to grab some things though and was paranoid that anyone within a 2m radius could sniff me out. I worked out it was my palms that smelt really bad - I musn't have washed them properly after the massage.

That's been the only time, and I don't find I smell it other than right after my massage - but you know what, I don't really mind the smell and my husband just talks about pancakes (I hope he's not referring to my breasts) ;-) So small sacrifice to me if a bunch of strangers think I'm stinky, I'm hoping that it pays off in the long run.

BTW, I have found The Body Shop's White Musk body spray seems to really disquise the smell well if your heading out and really worried about it Smile Smile

Lilly

Mandy
(Login Mandy)
February 6 2009, 11:53 PM

It's not guaranteed that you smell of fenugreek. I used to take about 4g a day for lactation, which is a lot, and I never had any smell problem.

problem with fenugreek smell
October 12 2005 at 5:45 AM Anonymous (no login)
Okay i have a problem with the smell of my BE lotion. Apparantly its giving my roomates headaches and rashes even though i cant smell it at all and they say the smell is really strong so they want me to move out. Is there anything i can do to hide the smell of fenugreek? I know i can use fennel, but I'm worried that that wont work as well. i really dont want to stop using this yet. i think ive grown about an inch.

Lisa
(no login)
Re: problem with fenugreek smell
October 12 2005, 1:04 PM

Is it just the lotion that smells so bad? If you are taking the Fenugreek internally then I don't think that there is any harm in swapping the Fennel for the Fenugreek in your lotion if it causes your roommates that much distress. You can always try and mix strong smelling oils into the lotion as well but I am not sure how effective this would be in covering up the Fenugreek smell.

Sapphy
(no login)
October 12 2005, 1:41 PM

You can use peppermint oil and insert some drops into your mixture. It helps.

Lara
(no login)
hmmm
October 13 2005, 9:13 PM

I have been using fenugreek extract in my massage at night...and shower every morning, and only use fennel in the morning...and you see, I still smell like fenugreek. I smell like syrup, actually. And I really really think I am sweating it out. My hands sweat quite a lot and they always smell like fenugreek. I once read this somewhere but didn't believe it. Another person had same the same thing too though, and she used a strong good smelling lotion on her hands all the time.

Christina
(no login)
Re: hmmm
October 13 2005, 11:11 PM

Syrup? Does that make you want to eat pancakes? I believe somewhere in this forum someone said they use fenugreek as a maple syrup flavoring or something like that so smelling like syrup is normal.
My hands really dont ever sweat, probably because they are always cold. You might want to try Desitin baby ointment on your hands to prevent them from sweating. My aunt sweats really bad, no body odor, just sweats so much that even anti-perspiration doesnt help her. She started using Desitin and she doesnt sweat like that anymore. Just something you might want to try.

Melanie
(no login)
sweating it out
October 14 2005, 10:59 AM

I totally totally believe you. It's become embarrassing for me that I smell of fenugreek. I've noticed that if I sweat I smell of it quite strongly. Even when I don't sweat I get the odd whiff of it. Most embarrassing.

heather
(no login)
April 29 2006, 8:40 PM

sweating is a way for your body to release toxins. obviously this fenugreek is being released in the sweat because it probably isn't very good for you. i'd try lowering my dose to see if that helps with the smell.

Jess
(Login Jess1226)
April 29 2006, 11:27 PM

Sorry to hear that your roommates arnt being very understanding. Yes the Fg. does smell but it also works so if its worth it to you then just use it at nigh or somthing and shower it off in the am
I havent heard anyone getting rases from it?
I hope there just not being mean to you. Fennel smells too but not as bad and its almost as strong as Fg.

Darisha
(Login Darisha)
April 30 2006, 4:16 AM

Sorry to sound harsh but your room mates sound like idiots.

anonymous
(no login)
Suggestion
April 30 2006, 4:29 AM

I'm not sure what your program is, but I'm taking the BE blend from Greenbush (3 pills 3X a day plus the extract) and I haven't experienced the Fenugreek smell. Before I made this choice for my program, I did take Fenugreek (starting to ramp up on taking ind. herbs) for about a week or so and I noticed the maple syrup smell. I ordered parsley pills and they seemed to help neutralize the smell. Honestly, though, I've been on the Greenbush blend since March 20 and it's working for me plus no smell and no parsley pills. So I suggest maybe lowering your dosage and take parsley pills OR switch your program to the blend if you choose.

Anonymous
(Login seemonkeyme)
EVE MEMBERS
I agree
April 30 2006, 5:56 AM

I agree with Darisha, If they cant handle the smell of it and want you to move out...... Thats pretty bad, I dont think I would even want to live with them if they are like that. Dont sound like they are very good friends. Sorry honey I think I would find somwhere else to live.. thats down right selfish and inconsidorate on there part. Lisaxxxx

lise
(no login)
question about greenbush
August 10 2008, 7:35 PM

Hi,
I know you posted your message quite a while back, but I was wondering if you could let me know what Greenbush blend you used. Congratulations on your growth, by the way! And good luck to you! =)

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
August 10 2008, 10:17 PM

''sweating is a way for your body to release toxins. obviously this fenugreek is being released in the sweat because it probably isn't very good for you.''
This is completely false. The reason you sweat FG is that sweat is the filtrate of blood, so some of the substances in the blood are going to appear in sweat.

Anyway to the original poster, if you have to drop the FG lotion it's not the end of NBE, you can still take things orally, which is the principal method.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
August 12 2008, 7:41 AM

Yes it's completely false. Fenugreek does not contain any toxins.

The compound in fenugreek which smells is called sotolone and it isn't a toxin and it isn't harmful to the body in any way.

Fenugreek smell, what a horrible stench
April 14 2006 at 11:35 AM
Zoe (Login minsky)
EVE MEMBERS
I have a fenugreek smell problem which is getting worse. I tried parsley which has been suggested which seemed to have no effect. Does anyone know of other ways to deal with the fenugreek? My family are complaining bitterly and what's much worse is that people I work with have now let on that I smell terrible. How dreadfully embarrassing. I have very little to show for it so far, but that isn't the problem. Why is it that only fenugreek taken this way has this problem. Several women here are taking Wonderup and other products that contain Fenugreek and none of them have reported stinking to high hell. Can anyone offer an explanation? Or more importantly, what else besides parsley can block this horrible stench?

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Fenugreek smell, what a horrible stench
April 14 2006, 1:40 PM

First of all, I think you are taking quite high doses of phytoestrogenic herbs already as you are taking both Fenugreek and Fennel. If the smell bothers you so much I would drop the Fenugreek and just use the Fennel on its own.
To answer the smelling question, I drink a lot of water, at least 2 litres a day and I believe that helps with the smell, especially if you drink plenty of water with the tablets. Also eating a lot of sweet fruit can help and then the parsley really should have helped as well, I am not sure why it isn't working for you.
My sweat always smelled a bit of the Fenugreek but not that bad that people during day to day contact complained, only my boyfriend complained because he couldn't smell "me" anymore. Since lowering my dosage I haven't had that problem anymore either.
Also, you may want to take one less Borage oil, or swap it with EPO, but 2000 mg of borage is really quite a lot to take.
I hope this helps, take care and good luck with the growing and getting rid of the smell,
Lisa

Janie
(Login jpeters2)
April 14 2006, 1:49 PM

I don't notice that I smell that much ... just when I get a bit sweaty. No one has ever commented. I will be buying some parsley for the summer though :-)

Sarah L
(no login)
I agree...
April 14 2006, 9:20 PM

Zoe, i totally sympathise with you as i had the exact same problem, i couldnt believe how bad i smelt, really really gross! It was so bad i stopped taking all the herbs completely to let it get my body get back to normal and i had only been taking them a week. Im going to try Lisa's suggestion of switching to fennel and if that doesnt work im going back onto Wonderup, it took me 6 months to see any growth on Wonderup and i was hoping this might be quicker but at least i didnt smell while i was taking them. I can only assume it affects different people in different ways because it seems that only a few have mentioned the REALLY offensive smell that i seemed to get.
~~Sarah~~

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
April 15 2006, 6:26 AM

Ok the reason why people who take "pre-prepped" breast pills dont smell like the fenugreek is probably because they contian such amounts of all the herbs combined, there for its not strong enough to come out through the skin.

I take 4 fenugreek per day and I thankfully have no problems with the smell being "on" me.

I DID smell like syrup ONLY when I used the EXTRACT, but the powdered capsuls dont leave a smell, even if I do sweat a little.
I had to stop the fenugreek extract because I to had a really embarassing moment.

I kinda agree with Lisa, if the smell is overbearing just drop the fenugreek and stay on the fennel. Fennel does the same thing as fenugreek does for the boobies, just not as potent. But it is right next in line. SO you could try to drop it and see how that works. I hope you find something to rid yourself of the smell.

~Keep playin those "records" girls! ~
~Best wishes on a growing journey!~
*Sunset*

Zoe
(Login minsky)
EVE MEMBERS
April 15 2006, 8:34 AM

I don't know. Maybe one of the ingredients in Wonderup helps block the stench? Anyway I have now eliminated the fenugreek in accordance with suggestions above and filed a revised program. Another thing is that I have a few spots this week. I don't get spots very often so I wondered whether that was connected to the herbs. Never mind, I have seen a little change anyway, so the herbs are having some positive effect for sure.

Anna
(Login Annabel)
EVE MEMBERS
April 16 2006, 12:29 PM

Strange how this smell affects some people. I've taken fenugreek for a couple of months now and never noticed any smell.

Fenugreek
September 13 2005 at 10:31 AM Jaina (no login)
I know someone who's taking fenugreek and is extremely bloated on it. Plus it seems well known that fenugreek makes you smell and makes you hungry. But those taking fenugreek as part of a formula or herbal prescription don't get these effects and I wondered why. Is it just because they are taking a smaller quantity?

Andrea
(no login)
Re: Fenugreek
September 13 2005, 10:45 AM

People taking fenugreek as part of a herbal formula or herbal prescription may still in fact get stomach bloating, the smell fenugreek can give you or experience appetite stimulation, but admittedly these effects are much rarer than when people are taking the bulk herb. This could be simply due to those taking the bulk herb consuming it in much greater quantities and therefore being much more likely to experience those effects, but another factor is that when fenugreek is included in a herbal formula the other herbs in the preparartion may be acting as buffers and thereby reduce the possibility of any unwanted effects. Somer herbalists are very skilled in the way that they combine herbs and can greatly reduce the incidence of unwanted effects without compromising the desirable properties of the herb and the desired effects it may have.

Lisa
(no login)
September 13 2005, 1:05 PM

To avoid the bloating of the Fenugreek you can take it at least half and hour before or after you eat, I usually take it about half an hour after my meals and have not had any problems with bloating since doing that.
I do smell off it however. :-(

anonymous
(no login)
September 15 2005, 7:08 PM

what exactly do you mean by smell? are you consuming fenugreek?

Lisa
(no login)
September 15 2005, 7:14 PM

I am taking the Fenugreek capsules, and by smell I mean that my skin odour becomes kind of earthy from it.

Vivian
(no login)
September 26 2005, 10:02 PM

Yes I smell of fenugreek too -quite strongly! :0(

prettysoulful
(no login)
September 27 2005, 2:29 PM

Some things that will help with the odor is to drink lots of water, eat more sweet fruits, and take parsley capsules. All these things can affect the body odor. But most importantly, remember that all of this is temporary. It will only last as long as you are taking the herbs, at worst. For some, the odor fades over time as the body becomes accustomed to it. Also, to prevent additional odor, use the fenugreek lotions or oils at night and shower in the morning, then you won't have to smell of it all day.

As to the bloating, I take my doses anywhere from 1-2 hours before or after my meals. That has helped with the bloating. Some people take Red Clover to help with the bloating, but I don't advise it as many people don't respond well to red clover.

Grandma Sheep
(Login mya_wannabe)
omg
December 18 2007, 4:37 AM

i was wondering why my stomach looked so preganant!lol

dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
December 18 2007, 6:51 AM

there are qigong exercises that do wonders for the stomach bloat. i guess i should try to explain how to do them here, although it's really tricky not showing it in person. anyhow the two exercises are, "gateway to natural breathing" and "waking up to the sun", in case anyone knows them already.

yes, i too smell of fenugreek. has anyone tried masking it? i had vague thoughts of perhaps mixing lavender oil in some water in a small spray bottle and use it as a body spray.

Pearl
(no login)
Maple smell from Fennugreek
December 18 2007, 6:55 AM

Even small amounts of fenugreek can give you a sweet maple aroma.

Does taking Fenugreek make one smell?
January 12 2007 at 9:20 PM Anonymous (Login ariesxtreme)
I know of someone and also read that if you take the fenugreek capsules, your body starts to secrete a pungent smell, almost curry like. Has anyone experienced this? Would hate to smell like curry all the time. I'm still doing research before I decide on a program.

TIA!

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Does taking Fenugreek make one smell?
January 12 2007, 9:27 PM

I've heard the smell compared to maple syrup, but never curry.

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
January 12 2007, 9:33 PM

Fenugreek makes me reek of curry :-{

It oozes out my pores and my wee-wee pongs badly too :-{

Even on really cold days, I sweat it out heavily :-{

Good job I've given it up.........lol!!

Strange how some people can smell it as being similar to maple syrup and others of us smell it as being pongy curry powder. One of life's many mysteries....heh heh!!

x

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
smelling syrup
January 12 2007, 9:35 PM

I have wondered this myself as I take it internally all day (3x a day)

I would not be surprised if the fenugreek effects how your sweat smells.

The booby batter I make with it definately smells like syrup and my husband cracks jokes about it all the time. I believe it has inspired those around the person giving off the aroma, to indulge in pancakes and waffles.

Xtina
(Login xtina12)
January 13 2007, 1:16 AM

When I was taking fenugreek everyday I definitely smelled like maple syrup and of curry. It reminded me of the way some middle eastern people smell, because I think some of them incorporate it into their food. So I can see where the curry association would come from. But the strong smell ultimately is what made me stop using it.

Lisa
(no login)
January 13 2007, 5:00 PM

It definitely makes you smell. You can try taking Parsley I think it was, that is meant to neutralise the smell, there are some old threads on this.
Drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of sweet fruit can help combat the smell too.
The higher the dosage, the more you smell, so it is worth trying lower dosages first, they may work just as well.

ynot
(no login)
Syrupy..
January 20 2007, 5:28 PM

I just started my programme two days ago, and didn't tell my husband. We're lying in bed this morning and my daughter walks in and my husband asked if she had pancakes for breakfast already.."No"....Maybe your brother did..."he's not up"....My husband says..."then why do I keep smelling syrup?"...I had to fess up...lol

Moonkissed
(Login Moonkissed)
January 21 2007, 10:29 AM

When I took fenugreek, I didn't smell like maple syrup. My sweat smelled like curry, and my urine smelled like Old Spice (I kid not). Everytime I would go to the bathroom I would think, "Hmm, is my Dad going out again?"

Boobies06
(Login boobies06)
January 21 2007, 3:02 PM

I take 2440mg of fenugreek a day in pill capsule form and I've never smelled anything at all. Not in my pee, and not in my sweat. But then again, I RARELY ever sweat at all, so, maybe that's why.

Julie
(Login ariesxtreme)
January 22 2007, 5:24 PM

K,

Thanks for the responses, It's about my second day taking fenugreek and so far I don't *think* I smell. LOL

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
January 22 2007, 7:12 PM

It hasn't made me smell, but I imagine like everything else that different people respond differently to things. Although I'd opt for smelling like maple syrup over curry, lol. Smile

fenugreek and funky BO
August 2 2008 at 1:10 PM irish lassy (Login irishlassy)
i feel dorky asking this, but has fenugreek given anyone else funky BO? my pitties smell like maple syrup and curry combined. will this go away as i get used to taking this?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: fenugreek and funky BO
August 2 2008, 1:14 PM

Hi Irish lassy,
Yes, you have identified the smell... lol. And no, it will not go away unless you stop taking the fenugreek.

waxingmoon

Mary M
(Login Mary M)
August 2 2008, 4:02 PM

I'm a big fenugreek user and I haven't noticed this problem. Smile

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
August 2 2008, 6:02 PM

My daughter who is 10 likes my 'scent'. She asked me the other day what caused it and if she could start taking FG too! I told her not until she was at least 18. Of course I didn't tell her what I was taking it for.

Halome
(Login Halome)
August 2 2008, 7:27 PM

LOL! That's awesome!
Yay for curious little girls.... kids say the darnedest things, eh?

may
(Login Cselestyna)
August 3 2008, 5:34 AM

that's just great! 'giggles' having kids around has to be fun (sometimes) lol.

i had someone tell me i smell like brown sugar, i took it as a compliment, i'd rather smell like brown sugar or maple syrup than gross sweaty stinky B.O, besides i fugure if i smell like it, it HAS to be working!

how about you?

Pumpkin
(no login)
August 4 2008, 5:43 PM

Yes the smell is not actually BO, that's not the correct description.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
August 5 2008, 12:08 AM

I prefer the term 'Eau de Fenugreek' myself. It's funny, I've been using FG for almost a year now and have only recently (within the last 2 months) noticed it's trademark fragrance. My daughter and I like it and my husband not so much. Oh well, but I can think of many worse things to reek of.

This message has been edited by frostedmint06 on Aug 13, 2008 6:46 PM

Angel
(no login)
August 6 2008, 6:55 PM

i've had some people wondering why they smell curry all of a sudden and why it smells like im baking cookies in my bedroom lol that stuff is soo potent >_<

irish lassy
(no login)
August 7 2008, 1:55 AM

i started getting the fenugreek funkiness the 2nd day of my program, but i also started getting breast swelling! so i'm not giving up!

i don't like putting chemicals on my skin so i usually use tom's of maine deoderant, if any. but since the fenu-funkiness started i needed something more fragrant. i've been using Desert Organics Vanilla Chai lotion. the smell is really spicey and covers the funk well. also i found that when i drink copious amounts of water it helps.

i haven't told anyone about what i'm doing, least of all my fella. but the other night he had his hands all over my boobs and said they felt really firm Smile it's only been a week and my bras are getting tight and my cleavage is way more enhanced.

we can do it!

lise
(no login)
August 10 2008, 7:43 PM

Hi Irish Lassy,
Congratulations on your growth! I can completely relate to you on the Fenugreek funk =( . If you don't mind my asking, did you incorporate Fenugreek in your massage? Or did you take Fenugreek orally? I just started to use Fenugreek with my massages, and I just can't seem to be able to get rid of the smell. In reading your post, I am very interested in trying out the Vanilla Chai lotion that helped you. How is the smell now? Hope all is still well, and good luck to you!! =)

irish lassy
(Login irishlassy)
August 11 2008, 6:31 PM

my fenu-funk is better! i've been trying to drink a ton of water. the vanilla chai lotion helps too. i can't stop now, i'm getting great results!

i only ingest fenugreek. i use evening primrose and borage in my massage. my whole program is listed on the program page.

good luck to you too!

i love myself, i want to love my boobies! xoxo irish lassy

Fenugreek cure
April 9 2008 at 8:38 PM Kekie (Login Kekie)
Is there a cure for the peanut butter smell in the armpits that fenugreek gives you?

may
(Login Cselestyna)
Re: Fenugreek cure
April 9 2008, 9:18 PM

Parsley is the usual recommendation.

Durga
(Login durga)
April 9 2008, 9:25 PM

That means more pills of course.

Zuri
(no login)
April 25 2008, 10:42 PM

It doesn't have to be pills. Fresh parsley works a treat.

Belle
(Login Belle S)
April 26 2008, 8:20 AM

Is it a peanut butter smell? I thought it was syrup.

I don't think it's just armpits either. Doesn't the fenugreek smell affect you all over the body?

keyla
(Login keyla2008)
April 26 2008, 11:24 AM

Yes fresh parsley works. Drink plenty of water too.

Zuri
(no login)
April 26 2008, 7:02 PM

Take lemon juice in the water. That's another thing that's supposed to help.

Smelling like Fenugreek
September 9 2005 at 10:10 AM Petite (no login)
Hi All,

After starting on Fenugreek, I'm starting to smell like one. Is there anyway to get rid of this smell or cover it up?

Lisa
(no login)
Re: Smelling like Fenugreek
September 9 2005, 10:24 AM

prettysoulful said in one post that taking pills of parsley can help get rid of the smell.

Petite
(no login)
September 9 2005, 4:24 PM

Pills again? Sigh... wonder if taking more water will help

Lisa
(no login)
September 9 2005, 4:40 PM

It might, but I drink loads and still smell. :-) I didn't go for the parsley pills either, feel the same as you, am just about taking enough already I think :-).

ChristinaJBK
(no login)
September 10 2005, 12:07 AM

You can also just eat the fresh parsley instead of the pills. And I do believe that drinking more water does help. I don't notice any Fenugreek smell on myself, hope I dont either.
Im curious as to what you normally eat. Maybe if your body has other food to balance out the Fenugreek smell, you wont smell it so much. But if you dont have as much other food to balance out, the Fenugreek might overpower and make you smell like it. I dont have anything to back this up, I am actually just guessing. Because I pretty much eat all day long. Not huge meals, but snacks all day and meals and I drink a ton of water.
I've been on my pills for almost a month now, so maybe that is why I dont smell like Fenugreek yet.

noor
(no login)
September 12 2005, 2:51 AM

me too i have a problem with Fenugreek smell , i takes it as aherb, i wondering if i take it as a pill is it the same???

Julie
(no login)
September 12 2005, 10:25 PM

Yes if you take it as a pill the smell is the same. Although having said that, many people who take fenugreek in a formula pill don't seem to get the smell for some reason.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon