Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Water

And water?
May 6 2008 at 10:00 AM Jen (Login blitz1228)
Should we be drinking a lot of water or does it vary with each person?

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
Re: And water?
May 6 2008, 11:04 AM

Of course, drinking lots of water is recomended in general for health and it's certainly good to be in optimal health for NBE.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
May 6 2008, 2:21 PM

Yes, and especially with all the herbal pills we are swallowing and trying to digest you want to make sure you drink up (says this on alot of the pill containers actually).

jackie
(Login classyfashh)
May 8 2008, 12:58 AM

Yeah, it helps absorb the pills faster and overall it's good for diet and losing weight and just health.
A good 8-10 glasses a day, if can then more is good.

I don't know if this is true but I heard that water can make your boobs bigger but I don't know. That may just be the water retention.

Hopeful88
(Login Hopeful88)
May 8 2008, 5:14 AM

yup that would be from water retention Wink

Do I have to drink a lot of water?
September 16 2005 at 3:41 AM Jasmine (no login)
Hi. If I'm taking the herbal pills such as Fenugreek, Wild Yam, etc., am I suppose to drink A LOT of water along with it? Do you girls do that or do you just don't think about it?

ChristinaJBK
(no login)
Re: Do I have to drink a lot of water?
September 16 2005, 4:37 AM

I personally drink a lot of water anyway so I didn't increase my water intake any. I think it is a good idea to drink lots of water while on these herbs because they are pretty smelly and the water will dilute that smell. Several people have said they smell like the herbs or other odors on their bodies from the herbs and some of those people said they drink lots of water. I would think that if you didnt drink much water the herbs would be really concentrated and you'd probably start to notice you smelled like that. I dont really know though, that is just what I think.

Lisa
(no login)
September 16 2005, 9:29 AM

I drink about three litres of water every day anyway as well, but I am one of those people who smell off the Fenugreek, although I could imagine that the smell would be worse if I didn't drink as much water.
I would just try to drink a lot if you can, try and have an intake of at least 2 litres a day, if you don't like the taste just put some squash in it sometimes or drink herbal teas without sugar.

ChristinaJBK
(no login)
September 17 2005, 2:03 PM

Lisa,
Im wondering if I will begin to smell like Fenugreek at some point. I have not noticed and my boyfriend hasnt noticed and he once noticed when I was taking a prescription medicine that I smelled funny, so he'd notice.
Im wondering how often you eat a day? And what kinds of foods do you eat?

Lisa
(no login)
September 17 2005, 3:10 PM

If you haven't smelt off it by now I don't think you will start to. I eat several times a day and mostly wholemeal foods, fruit, veg. and generally healthy.

Pamela
(no login)
September 17 2005, 11:56 PM

If you drink a lot of water anyway that might be why you've never experinced the smell.

Importance of Drinking Water
September 6 2006 at 11:10 AM
Tifany R (Login Tifany R)

I notice many breast pills ask you to drink a lot of water, but not all of them. Should we be doing it?

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
Re: Importance of Drinking Water
September 6 2006, 11:18 AM

I have always been a water drinker. Never taken pop or soda and occasionally taken caffeine free coffee or herbal teas.

Have just discovered after drinking LOTS and LOTS of water this past week, that I was never drinking enough before.

Since upping my water intake, my hair is shining, weight is falling off and skin is radiant and glowing. Even fine lines have disappeared!!! Have had probem skin too all my life so I really notice a vast difference :-)

I'd just like to suggest to the girls who are battling with weight gain and pimple and boils etc, to up their water intake for say a week and see if you notice a difference.

Would love to hear about your results :-)

Love

=^_^= x

js89
(Login js89)
EVE MEMBERS
September 6 2006, 3:50 PM

Thanks faerycat for the info! It is very interesting. I think I will up my water intake even more than I already am. Would be nice to see some results.

Ophelia
(Login Ophelia)
EVE MEMBERS
September 6 2006, 9:17 PM

2 litres a day is the amount of water I've often seen mentioned in relation to NBE.

Is water good for nbe? And why? I am taking wonderup.
August 1 2008 at 8:00 AM sofija (no login)
Is water good for nbe? And why? I am taking wonderup.

may
(Login Cselestyna)
Re: Is water good for nbe? And why? I am taking wonderup.
August 1 2008, 8:16 AM

water is essential for your body to be healthy you should be drinking half your body wieght in oz a day; for example i weigh 98lbs so i need to drink about 49 oz a day at least (500ml bottle of water = 16.9 oz) i usually drink more than that during the summer so its not a problem

weather or not it's good for n.b.e i can't really say, but you should be drinking it everyday anyways.so it shouldn't be a point of concern.

Halome
(Login Halome)
August 2 2008, 5:31 AM

If you want your body to dissolve the capsules then yes water is good!!! You don't want to poop out a half digested WU, do ya? Wink

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
August 3 2008, 7:16 AM

Water is good for helping the digestion and also helps to eliminate toxins from the body.

2 litres of water a day
November 18 2007 at 1:49 PM nnifnnif (Login nnifnnif)
does any one on here manage to drink this? I am taking nbe pills and can only manage around a litre a day...will not drinking enough really affect my results?

thank youSmile

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: 2 litres of water a day
November 18 2007, 4:49 PM

Well some people have had results with Erdic, which is a really weak product but the program involves drinking a lot of water so I think it helps. I've really had to force myself to drink more as I'll just take a sip and put it down - I try to drink 0.5 litres water during the day at work, 1 glass of juice with lunch, 1 more with dinner then 1-2 more 0.5 litres of water in the evening. Not sure if it helps boobs, they seem to be growing really well though but I'm in the bathroom nearly every hour!

artlady
(Login artlady)
November 18 2007, 6:39 PM

I actually find this easy. I liter is about 4 cups, so 2 liters is 8 cups. I drink a big mug of tea (decaf) in the morning, so there's 2 cups. I drink 2 cups during my workout at the gym. 2 cups for lunch. 2 for dinner. 2 in the evening. There's 10 cups or 2 1/2 liters. Spread out it's not too hard. I don't drink carbonated beverages. Just water, juice, or milk.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
November 18 2007, 7:43 PM

I need to drink that much water just to choke down all those darn pills!

This message has been edited by frostedmint06 on Dec 20, 2007 9:54 PM

Lisa121
(no login)
November 18 2007, 10:08 PM

You should be drinking a minimum of two litres a day anyway, Erdic or not, just for your skin and general health. You need to re hydrate your body sufficiently or you will end up getting plenty of wrinkles. Your skin really needs the moisture from inside, and that is just one aspect, not to mention the rest of your body.
Herbs just work better when they get through your system properly, and the water helps.

dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
November 19 2007, 4:58 AM

well drinkin gjuice or milk is quite different from drinking water... i think when they say drink so much water they really do mean water. some non-caffeinated tea at best.

artlady
(Login artlady)
November 19 2007, 7:44 AM

My milk or juice is not included in my 10 cups of water. It's easy when you spread it out.

heloise
(no login)
water and metabolism
November 19 2007, 9:56 AM

and another positive spin off from being well-hydrated is a better metabolism or at least I have read (in Spark People forums) that being dehydrated slows down your metabolism.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon