Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Oats

what kind of oats?
March 1 2007 at 6:50 PM so_lost (Login so_lost)
Hi everybody,

Im trying to obtain oats for my program that I am going to try. Which one is it? I went on iherbs and it gave me a few different ones.

can someone direct me to the correct oats to take for NBE?? thanks to all!!

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: what kind of oats?
March 1 2007, 10:16 PM

I'm not an expert but make sure you look for pure oats. Some oat products aren't just oats, but a combination of oats and other herbs, so I guess that isn't a good choice for NBE.

so_lost
(Login so_lost)
March 1 2007, 11:13 PM

thanks...!I just ordered wu and was thinking of adding additional herbs to kind of follow eve m's program.

Rachel
(Login so_lost)
March 2 2007, 12:28 AM

If the product says avena sativa it should be OK. Avena sativa is what you're looking for.

Oats?
March 22 2009 at 7:56 PM faith_love_hope (Login faith_love_hope09)
What kind of oats are good for boobie growth? Quaker Oats? Or something from the health food store?

I started my plan exactly a week ago and am very please thus far, I will post my plan when I have time, will also do some pics, I think this is really going to work for me, I am seeing a difference already and I don't know if that is because about 3 months ago I started using a multivatimin and about 2 months ago I started using Bio Oil for other purposes, I also put the bio oil on my breasts, so I dont know if that was making them a little fuller? Since starting massage twice a day applying heat before and after I am amazed thus far. They definately seem a little fuller.

I massage with Palmers cocoa butter w/vitamin E twice a day, and at night I add borage oil. I have a protein shake in the morning with a scoop of soy protein, a cup of soy milk and 2 bananas, and I drink soy milk with my dinner. I bought a papaya too to make papaya smoothies, will also start experimenting with avocados. I have been eating alot of stuff with oats in it too but im still not sure what you mean on this site with oats, so I'm curious, I just like oats anyway, already incorporated that into my diet before learning that here. umm what else, hmm oh yea, I have no clue where to buy maca manna and fennel seeds, I will try a health food store, havent had the time yet.

Thanks!

Carmen

LenaS00
(Login lenas00)
Hi Carmen!
March 22 2009, 8:21 PM

hi carmen I saw your post and wanted to say "hi." I read your post from the newbie forum.
Thank you and good luck to you too!

Im still new to this and havent heard about the oat thing. I came across this site this past week and just barely started a program yesterday. My only advice to you is if you find it beneficial to eat oats, then maybe opt for the organic kind instead. Make sure it says USDA on the box. Because "all natural" doesnt mean anything much. Also if you have oats with milk, try oragnic milk as well. Its a $1 more than regular some times its on sale. Stoneyfield has coupons online too. The reason why I mention this is because it doesnt have added horomones!!! and the oats werent sprayed with any pesticides either. (I LOVE the ORGANIC stuff)

good luck! keep us posted!

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
Re: Oats?
March 22 2009, 9:15 PM

Well to be honest, I'm not sure if Quaker Oats help NBE, I have never heard that before. I sure hope so though since I eat them every morning!!! I eat 1/4cup of the oats with 1/2cup Light Vanilla Soy Milk and slice up half of a banana in it every single morning. And I drink a cup of soy milk along with it. It's actually very tasty, I like the vanilla soy milk. So I will be interested in hearing an answer to this as well, maybe the soy AND oats will be beneficial to my programSmile

faith_love_hope
(Login faith_love_hope09)
March 22 2009, 9:44 PM

Hi Lena Smile

I will try organic oats, I have a friend that eats just about everything organic, it's definately good to be healthy. I don't drink regular milk anymore, I'm drinking Soy milk now.

Thanks!

Carmen

faith_love_hope
March 22 2009, 9:48 PM

Hi Corinsa,

Before actually joining here I stalked the site for a couple of days and took massive notes, I studied other peoples programs and saw 'oats' alot, I am unsure though as to what kind of oats. Your breakfast sounds yummy!! lol Smile I have also read alot about soy on this site as well. I'm trying to personally stay away from swallowing or ingesting herbs, I"m just a paranoid person, but I might be willing to give one or two a try. I still have to search for chicken feet! I am a cook and baker at heart so I always like to try new recipes anyway, so I'm dying to find chicken feet!

Thanks,

Carmen

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
Oats
March 23 2009, 6:32 AM

Regular oats is definitely a very bad idea for BE.

* Oats is high in fiber and binds to cholesterol. Hormones begin as cholesterol. No cholesterol, no hormones. The fiber in oats binds to cholesterol thus keeping it from being absorbed. It also binds to SHBG.

* Oats including "Wild Oats" *extract* binds to SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin). This is interesting because estrogen is made from testosterone. SHBG binds to testosterone among other things, making it unavailable and therefore lowering estrogen production.

Use wild oats extract to bind to SHBG therefore keeping it from binding to testosterone, therefore raising the ability to produce estrogen. Avoid regular oats.

Bottom line: Oats is bad for BE because of the fiber that binds to cholesterol. Wild Oats extract is good because it binds to SHBG but not cholesterol. If your libido goes up, it's working.

If you are interested in lowering cholesterol but not BE, then regular oats is a good choice.

Wahaika

This message has been edited by Wahaika on Mar 23, 2009 6:35 AM

faith_love_hope
Re: Oats
March 23 2009, 1:12 PM

Thank you Wahaika, your reply is exactly what I was looking for, thanks Smile

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
March 23 2009, 2:18 PM

Well crap! I don't think I will change my breakfast though, I need the fiber, I add in soy, and plus it's healthy and yummy!!!

faith_love_hope
March 23 2009, 2:34 PM

I hear ya Corinsa, I'm not giving up oats either lol, not only are they yummy but they're good for the digestive system, I have issues with that stuff too which is why I added oatmeal to my diet, I bloat easily. I am going to research wild oats more though before trying it.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
Oats
March 23 2009, 4:30 PM

If you need the fiber, I would definitely stick with it. If you have been having it for breakfast every day for a long time, your body has probably just adapted to it.

If you check out wild oats, remember that it is the extract form. With the extract you get the benefits but not the fiber.

carmen
March 23 2009, 11:19 PM

Ok, thanks again Wahaika.

Oat bran
February 25 2007 at 8:42 PM dandelion (Login dandelion1)

Can anyone confirm that oat bran doesn't contain phytoestrogens, only fiber?

so_lost
(Login so_lost)
swanson
February 26 2007, 8:13 PM

hey dandelion--Are you following Eve m's program?

I'm trying to order the same herbs on swanson and I can't figure out if oats (mentined on Eve M's program) is the same as the oats bran? and some of the dosage is high compared to Eve m's. can you advise the dosage to take and where did you get the lotions and tea?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
Re: fenugreek : extract vs seed for potency
February 26 2007, 11:12 PM

hi! i have oats bran as well and the dosage is 850mg ; but i rarely take them. I'm using a simplified version of eve's program : using fenugreek, fennel, stinging nettle, and 1ml (=500mg) of vitex in fennel tea.

the teas i bought at a local health food store. i bought fennel in tea sachets, and hops tea that i have to make on my own (boil water with the tea and drain the tea leaves). hops tea is gross, but i believe it's vital. eve uses hops in tea, massage, and internally. i will likely be adding it in about a month.

the lotions are home-made : eve used starflower (same as borage), so do i, however i believe eve added some ingredients.

i have not had the same results as eve; i will be switching from stinging nettle to sawpalmetto in a week, adding hops the following week. i haven't decided if i will take vitex in capsul form - if nothing happens a month after adding the hops i'll probably add it in.

hope this helps!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
February 26 2007, 11:13 PM

as for the dosages; about 1800mg of each herb is pretty standard - of course that depends on how many herbs and which herbs you are taking together

so_lost
(Login so_lost)
Re: Oat bran
February 27 2007, 6:22 AM

thanx dandelion....hope u get good results with that. I was thinking of ordering wonderup...but 6 bottles plus a cream on vortex runs at $300 bucks! thats kinda pricey....

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
February 27 2007, 3:31 PM

it does seem pricey because your buying it all at once, but really for six bottles it's worth it (or so i think)

so_lost
(Login so_lost)
February 27 2007, 6:08 PM

yeah....I'm debating if I should get the wonderup plus one cream right now b/c gathering the herbs individually is so much trouble.

Miss Monet
(Login friskyflirt)
March 7 2007, 8:37 PM

hey so lost,

i'm trying to follow Eve's program too (mostly). i heard oat bran doesn't contain phytoestrogens, only fiber, so perhaps these might help considering they're oat extract?

http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?c=Herbs&pid=PTF-10301
http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?c=Herbs&pid=ECL-30903

Eve, if you're reading this, do you think you can help clarify? or anyone really. LOL

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
March 7 2007, 10:37 PM

The second one looks good. The first one you listed is actually a combination of oats and 9 other herbs, so it's not what you want, although it's said to be a product for women. The second one would be fine.

so_lost
(Login so_lost)
March 7 2007, 10:37 PM

someone told me that oat bran is not the right one....i'm not sure which one is the correct one or not...but I ordered wu already....I was thinking of getting additional herbs like linseed and soya to go with the wu....but I think i'll try wu for a while first and see what result wu will give. if oat bran is the correct oats that eve took then fantastic, I'll add that into my program. thanks!!

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
March 7 2007, 10:42 PM

No it wasn't the oat bran I took, it was the oat seeds (avena sativa seed).

Miss Monet
(Login friskyflirt)
Avena Sativa (Oat seeds)
March 8 2007, 2:18 AM

hey So Lost,

i found a bunch of info. on Avena Sativa (oat seeds) and made a post about it in the "Info. on Herbs" section. you should check it out!

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
March 8 2007, 5:46 PM

Eve,
Is wild oat straw the same?

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
March 8 2007, 10:22 PM

The answer to that is no, oat straw isn't the same thing as oat seed.

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
March 9 2007, 4:34 AM

It's very hard to find oat seeds. Whenever I search the net for avena sativa I get wild oats/oat straw. The closest thing I got was this (www.poopsiecat.com/seedsinfo.html), which is for planting and it's for cats! lol

Do you think it's hard to find in the states? If so would there be a good substitute for it? Thanks.

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
March 9 2007, 9:53 AM

Miss Monet managed to find oat seed in the US and posted a link above. Here it is again:
http://www.iherb.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?c=Herbs&pid=ECL-30903

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
March 9 2007, 5:23 PM

Ahh, ok. I missed it. Thank you.

Eve's Program - Oat seed/avena sativa
October 24 2008 at 4:47 PM Sunshine (no login)
Hi everyone!

For a few days now I've been searching over the internet for a good place to buy oats but I haven't had much luck. The supplements I'm finding that match avena sativa - well when I read more carefully, it'll say that it's the straw or stem, not the seed. Does this matter?

Anyone who is on her program, can you give me advice on where to buy oat seed? Sorry to be a bother. I didn't think I'd have such a hard time finding it. Thanks Smile Smile

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Eve's Program - Oat seed/avena sativa
October 24 2008, 8:39 PM

What country are you in? That would make it easier to help.

Sunshine
(no login)
October 24 2008, 10:16 PM

Hi Jennelle!
Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to mention that I'm in Canada Smile

Sunshine
(no login)
October 26 2008, 2:02 AM

EveM,
I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor. I found this site that sells oats, but there are so many different types (powder, straw, sprouting seeds). I've posted a link of a page showing all these different types. Would you mind having a look and telling me which one of these is most similar to what you used? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much Smile

http://www.starwest-botanicals.com/_search.php?page=1&q=avena+sativa

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
October 26 2008, 5:49 AM

Eve used milky oat seed in her program not oatstraw. I think it does matter but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two (other than one is the seed and the other is the stem). Are you looking for whole dried herbs or capsules?

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
October 26 2008, 7:09 AM

All the oats on that page seem to be straw or powdered straw, which isn't what I used. As Frostedmint06 said above, it was avena sativa seed that I used.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 26 2008, 10:39 AM

Could oat flakes that are found in most musli be the right type? I'm not sure which part of the plant they're made of.

Btw I found one site that sells oat seed tincture, but it's in Europe (curiously):
http://www.fushi.co.uk/Oat-Seed-Tincture-20120.aspx

Sunshine
(no login)
October 26 2008, 4:29 PM

Oh okay, thanks everyone for your responses! I've seen milky oat seed on another site so I'll definitely be purchasing it. I posted that link because at the bottom there was a bag of oat seeds as well, but not the milky kind. Thanks for helping me rule those out Smile

Eve M
(Login EveEM)
EVE MEMBERS
October 26 2008, 5:49 PM

I can't see any oat seeds on that link, but yes it's definitely seeds you need (are you sure you weren't getting mixed up with alfalfa seed, which I could see at the bottom).

LolaOne
(Login LolaOne)
Oats: Flakes vs. seeds vs....
October 26 2008, 6:45 PM

To quote Moon here:

Could oat flakes that are found in most musli be the right type? I'm not sure which part of the plant they're made of.

Does anybody know if oat flakes would be beneficial or should the oats actually come in seed form?

Thanks,
Lola

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
October 26 2008, 6:56 PM

Google informs me that oat flakes are made from oats, which I assume are oat seeds? It' said they retain the nutritional value of oats too.

Sunshine
(no login)
October 26 2008, 8:48 PM

Thanks for your help Eve and everyone else Smile
I took a second look at that page I posted and saw that only the top row of items was actually oats. I think I got over excited and misread the names. I think also I was overthinking things because reading about oats, they are cultivated at all sorts of different stages. I had seen the milky avena sativa seeds, but wasnt sure if that was what you had used but now I know.

If anyone else is looking for this too, I plan to buy from http://www.gaiagarden.ca/products/bulk_d...erbs/12239 in bulk form. There's also a US site.

Frostedmint06
(Login frostedmint06)
October 28 2008, 7:53 PM

Thanks for the link to Gaia Garden Herbals. I'll definitely be ordering from them when my current supplies run out. Cheers.

Sunshine
(no login)
October 28 2008, 8:23 PM

Frostedmint,
Check out this link as well

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=2943&at=0

This one is in capsule form.. I think the seeds have been ground to powder, so they might be more useful for massage lotion concoctions. I think the other link I posted is for actual seeds (it doesn't specify), but assuming they are actual seeds, they would be hard to incorporate into a lotion unless you're able to findly grind the seeds yourself.

Smile

Like this one Eve. The arena sativa sounds right up my alley! Mild sedative and calming . Yes I like indeed... Off to find me some

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon