Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vitex and Pueraria Mirifica

Has anyone taken both vitex and PM together at the same time?

I recently was e dom so I took a break from PM and took vitex during my whole cycle instead of taking it just during luteal which I normally do and I had some good growth and felt very balanced (signs of e dom disappeared).

But next cycle, I want to start with PM again and I have read that vitex works best when taken throughout a full cycle with breaks during menstruation.
Since vitex is not a phytoestrogen would it be okay to take with PM? I cycle pm - only planning on taking it day 7 - 10 this cycle. and going to start the vitex on day 7 when my period ends.

I assume it's okay since others take vitex with other phytoestrogens and a lot of mult-herb pills contain a mix of vitex and multiple phytos.

Please share your experience if you have taken vitex and PM together or if you have come across some info on the internet! I tried doing some searches but got no definitive answers.
Thanks Big Grin

(26-02-2016, 08:00 PM)msnewboobies Wrote:  Has anyone taken both vitex and PM together at the same time?

I recently was e dom so I took a break from PM and took vitex during my whole cycle instead of taking it just during luteal which I normally do and I had some good growth and felt very balanced (signs of e dom disappeared).

But next cycle, I want to start with PM again and I have read that vitex works best when taken throughout a full cycle with breaks during menstruation.
Since vitex is not a phytoestrogen would it be okay to take with PM? I cycle pm - only planning on taking it day 7 - 10 this cycle. and going to start the vitex on day 7 when my period ends.

I assume it's okay since others take vitex with other phytoestrogens and a lot of mult-herb pills contain a mix of vitex and multiple phytos.

Please share your experience if you have taken vitex and PM together or if you have come across some info on the internet! I tried doing some searches but got no definitive answers.
Thanks Big Grin

Hi.
While I can't answer your question I can add that my naturopath told me vitex ONLY works if you take it everyday and even the same time every day Cool she also said you have to start on the first day of your cycle.
I see where your coming from , if PM raises can you try and offset by balance Ng at the same time.
Hope you find your answers.
I should really get back into vitex too at some stage

(26-02-2016, 08:22 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Hi.
While I can't answer your question I can add that my naturopath told me vitex ONLY works if you take it everyday and even the same time every day Cool she also said you have to start on the first day of your cycle.
I see where your coming from , if PM raises can you try and offset by balance Ng at the same time.
Hope you find your answers.
I should really get back into vitex too at some stage

Maybe that's why it has been working so well this month! I take it pretty much at the exact same time every morning, as I read taking it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning is the best way for your body to absorb it.
But interesting note about starting on the first day of your cycle. I have read about so many different ways to take it, it makes it confusing to know which one to actually do lol. But I am certain I should take breaks as everyone should with all herbs. Since I've already taken it to day 27 (today), I think I'll start when my period ends or possibly day 5 of my cycle, but during the next cycle, I'll try taking it from day 1 of my cycle to see how that goes!
Thanks Ella Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon