Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Do you feel hungry after taking herbs?

Do you feel hungry after taking herbs?
September 8 2005 at 11:52 AM Chatbox (no login)

Hi All,

Do you feel hungry after taking the herbs? I think taking the herbs really make me hungry more often. Is that normal?

SugarQ
(no login)
Re: Do you feel hungry after taking herbs?
September 8 2005, 3:23 PM

you are not the first to feel that way.ive heard a few dozen people complaining that they feel hungry while on herbs. its very common

Chatbox
(no login)
September 8 2005, 3:35 PM

So did anyone increase weight while on these herbs? I really hope i could put on some weight. Smile

Lisa
(no login)
September 8 2005, 4:13 PM

I put on a little weight, but that might also be because I haven't been exercising as much as I used to a couple of weeks ago because of an injury. But I do feel hungry as well so if you give into that I think chances are that you will put on some weight.

Rebecca
(no login)
September 8 2005, 8:16 PM

I think the fenugreek herb increases appetite. If you have it prescribed for you it might not or if you get it in a formula it might not, because in certain combinations with other herbs it doesn't have that effect, but if you take it by itself it's supposed to increase your appetite quite a lot, so if you're taking that don't be surprised if you feel hungry.

Tabitha
(no login)
Fenugreek
September 9 2005, 9:28 AM

Yes fenugreek is traditionally used as an appetite stimulant, but you need rather a lot of it to get that effect. If you are taking a herbal formula that includes fenugreek it's unlikely that you would see the effect at all, but if you're buying it in bulk and taking it as a single herbn most likely you would experience the appetite stimulating effects.

Chatbox
(no login)
Re: Fenugreek
September 9 2005, 10:03 AM

I'm taking it as an individual herb... so maybe tatz y i'm feeling hungry...

Fenugreek an appetite stimulant??
April 7 2006 at 4:38 PM
Brenda (Login Curlergirl)
EVE MEMBERS

Hi there

I bought some fenugreek capsules - then noticed on the bottle that it said Appetite stimulant - aids in digestion.

Eek - I don't want to gain weight - not that I am overweight or anything - far from it. But I like the way I am now.

Is this true????

happy80
(Login unhappy80)
EVE MEMBERS
re: hi curlergirl!
April 7 2006, 5:26 PM

As I know fenugreek is an apetite stimulant. Also I read a writing about it on the net and it says; fenugreek is used as an apetite stimulant. It increase power and fitness. At the same time it is used for hair, gives brightness and color, removes aches.
All kind of herbs have good and bad effects. I think the most important thing is how many do you use it from them. Maybe you should't use it everyday.
good luck!
Smile

Cabaret Girl
(Login cabaretgirl)
Re: Fenugreek an appetite stimulant??
April 7 2006, 5:57 PM

Fenugreek is said to be an appetite stimulant, that's for sure, but I don't know what dose you would need. Anyway, I'm taking 1800mg a day and it has no effect whatever on my appetite.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS
Hi Brenda
April 7 2006, 6:11 PM

Yes fenugreek can cuase you to be a little more hungrier but If you make healthy food chioces it shouldnt be a big problem for you. Like instead of a handfull of chips grab some fruit or something healthy to help clam cravings.
Fenugreek can cause mild bloating (water retention) in some people too.
Generally if you take it with another herb that is a duiretic herb, it should not cause bloating. Duiretics cause you to pee more, and helps controll the possible bloating.

I have been taking fenugreek for 2 weeks now today, and I dont feel any hungrier than before. I also dont want to gian wieght and am happy were I am and the "gaining wieght" thing was on my mind too. Actually I havent even bloated from the fenugreek at all. I really like it and I added an extra one, and it does seem to be helping my boobies! Big Grin
I take red clover, which is a duiretic, so it may be couteracting the "bloating" effects of the fenugreek. So if you are real concerned about this then perhaps you should go ahead and take the red clover now instead of waiting like we talked about before.

Another possiblity is use fennel instead. (it works the oppisite off fenugreek, it is said to be a good one to loose weight) I know you dont want to loose wieght, but you could just make sure you eat the same amount you do now, and it shouldnt make you loose.

So basically you could add red clover with the fenugreek to balance the "wieght" issue out. OR you could switch to fennel and make sure you eat the same as you do now as to not loose weight.

Another possiblity would be to take the fennel and fenugreek together, they do the opposite in the appitite area and may "balance" each other out.
Just start low with them because they both stimulate prolactin and like I mentioned before you dont want to stall because of to much prolactin stimulation goin on.

I hope this helps a bit.Take Care Brenda! Smile

~Keep playin those "records" girls! ~
~Best wishes on a growing journey!~
*Sunset*

Brenda
(Login Curlergirl)
EVE MEMBERS
I will try Red Clover
April 7 2006, 6:34 PM

Thanks for your quick repies ladies.

Sunset, I think I will start on the Red Clover now. I can't say that I have noticed bloating - I never have been a "bloater" but I do remember when I was on the fenugreek extract before that I was voraciously hungry all the time. My morning bagel wouldn't even get me to 10am!!

I have thought about combining the fenugreek and fennel together. I am waiting to see if I can stand the fenugreek capsules - maybe I am being overly sensitive about the smell thing. I will wait until next week and see if I still feel the same about the smell.

appetite decrease? and when to expect growth results?
August 1 2008 at 4:30 AM Katurah (no login)

I was wondering by chance if herbs or wu can decrease your appetite or the reduce the amounts of food you eat? I noticed that sometimes when i eat i don't eat as much and my stomach has the tendency to become fuller faster, im not complaining it's just i wondering if anyone has experienced this effect? but then again i do live in southern CA, and it's been rather hot, so if any case i know the weather can effect your eating habits also.

My other question would be to subject to when growth could be expected, i know this was covered numerous times but i would like to know for instance like when you are experiencing nipple firmness and soreness when touching them as well as shape and firmness that would indicate imimnent growth possibilities right? but i would really like to know that if anyone that has taken wu or herbs and experienced these factors within two to three week stages when did actual growth set in? i know it varies person to person, but if you are experiencing some sort of sign does it mean that growth will be alot sooner then eight week to twelve weeks? Or could it be that it can take months? looking through the forum, girls who were close in my age seemed like they experinece growth alot sooner, just hoping i could be within that realm. I apologize if this was the message that had the potential of sounding like a broken record player.

may
(Login Cselestyna)
Re: appetite decrease? and when to expect growth results?
August 1 2008, 8:30 AM

yes there are many herbs that help decrease you appetite, also if its been hot as you said that can be a factor, as well as your fluid intake, if you drink lots of water you also feel fuller longer, like if i drink 4 500ml bottles of water i am barely hungry at all. i wouldn't worry, it is most likey a combination of the heat and herbs.

as you said in your post, every person is different so the pains and tenderness cannot always be monitored in terms of growth. some times the pains and tenderness are just your body getting used to them, if you are experiencing them and you know its not because of stress or anything then you can be sure the herbs are working, but it may not be for growth, they could be improving skin tone, nail density, ect it could also be the way you sleep, if you sleep on your stomach your chest will most likely have them constantly. all you can do is wait and see and maybe monitor then ina journal, and if you feel the need to measure weekly, do so.

hope this helps!

blackbeans
(Login blackbeans)
August 2 2008, 10:23 PM

It's funny cause I experience increase of my appetite. I crave greasy, sugar-rich foods when taking herbs. To make matters worse, I feel like I'm gaining weight easier than before.
I'm not sure if firmness or soreness can indicate actual growth. I was on Breast Actives for a while (it was a wrong choice due to lack of research..) and i experienced those symptoms from the very first week but the actual growth in size never happened. I switched to Natureday 3 wks ago and i felt the symptoms right away again and this time I think I actually got slightly bigger..

may
(Login Cselestyna)
August 3 2008, 5:30 AM

Really? what kind of herbs are you taking that make you crave junk and make you bigger around the waist? i guess everyone is different, i took a six month break and durring the time off herbs, well its a good thing i have a high metabolism because i ate enough crap to satisfy me for the rest of my life, lolz, but then, i hate junk food, haha.

yes, what kind of herbs are you taking then?

katurah
(no login)
herbs and natureday
August 3 2008, 6:50 AM

Hi i understank where you are coming from, when it comes to cravings especially during or before my menstrual cycle, i crave alot of junk, but the herbs that ive taking has been sp and fennel, i still eat, but sometimes as im eating i get full faster, but it does not happen every day its just depends i guess. I am currently taking wu with sp and fennel, about my third week, still awaiting for like a noticeable actual growth change, i have some fullness but i will probaly fluctuate during my mentrual cycle. I am glad that nature day is working for you i looked at the website there are alot of good testimonials about it. If wu doesn't work for me i might try nature day as an alternative. Its funny because my nipples were sore now today they are not, like it goes away and it's comes back, still get the tingle though. I would like these signs like soreness and timgles to stay consistent though. I might also try nettle root to see if that might help also.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
August 3 2008, 7:19 AM

It's often said that Fennel decreases appetite, but the claim is disputed by some who see no such effect.

blackbeans
(Login blackbeans)
August 4 2008, 4:07 AM

I'm taking Fennel, Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto, Dong Quai, Blessed Thistle (all in Natureday) and i seem to eat more than before. Well, I always had a good appetite so maybe it's not just the herbs. I'm pretty sure that i tend to gain weight easily and feel bloated after taking herbs. I'm considering to take a break during the last 7 days of my cycle because I get really bloated right before my period. I'm guessing that I'm estrogen dominant and I'm worsening my pms symptoms by adding herbs during the last half of my cycle. I wish that I eat less like you do.

Katurah
(Login KatRam)
Oh I eat....
August 4 2008, 5:00 AM

Hi, Blackbeans, i just wanted to let u know that my appetite decreased only for the week or some days it doesn't happen to me all the time. Like yourself i do eat quite a bit trust me... I come from a family that loves to eat, don't worry. I apologize if i gave you the wrong impression that i don't have an appetite. What May described to me was based on the fact, because of the fennel herb that might have decreased my appetite momentarily for that particular day for the week, and when i take a large amount or dose a day sometimes then thats when it kicks in. Today i ate pretty good, but it just depends to, on my body and my monthly cycle. Again i am really sorry if i gave you that impression. Again i do love to eat honest... I believe fennel can sometimes have the ability decrease appetite it just depends on my daySmile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon