Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pollen allergy and WU?

Pollen allergy and WU?
February 27 2007 at 4:41 PM Kerry79 (Login Kerry79)
Hi All-

I am considering buying Wonder Up but I read in the ingredients that there is "bee pollen" in it. Since I get seasonal allergies (itchy eyes, sneezing, etc) from pollen, I'm wondering if I shouldn't buy it. Does anyone else have pollen allergies, and do you have a negative reaction to WU?

Any other side effects anyone has experienced? (weight gain, bloating, etc etc)?

Thanks!!

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
Re: Pollen allergy and WU?
February 27 2007, 5:19 PM

Hi Kerry,

I think you will find this rather interesting :-)

http://www.alternativescentral.com/beepollen.htm

Among many things, it says -

Pollen gathered by bees is superior to that obtained directly from flowering plants. The bees are extremely discriminate about selecting the best pollen from the millions of grains that are present. Of these, only two types are found, namely, anemophile pollen grains (which are not collected by bees, and produce allergic reactions) and entomophile pollen grains (which are collected by bees, and possess greater nutrient content). In actuality, entomophile pollen grains have been employed in the successful treatment of airborn pollen allergies. It is apparent that the bees only select those grains of pollen that are rich in all the nutrients, especially nitrogenous materials. The bees mix the pollen grains with a sticky substance that is secreted from their stomachs, which allows the pollen to adhere to their rear legs in "pollen baskets" in order to safely transport it to their hives.

and also -

Allergy attacks brought on by pollen are normally produced by wind-carried pollens, and not by bee-collected pollens. Wind-generated pollens usually stimulate a cleansing process throughout the entire respiratory tract, especially among those who consume excessive quantities of mucus-producing foods during the winter months.

Bee pollen may be safely administered by everyone, even those persons who are prone to allergies such as hayfever, as they will usually suffer no ill-effects. Allergenic properties are always neutralized by the nectar and enzymes secreted by the bees. Raw honey has been specifically recommended by many professional allergists as having an immunizing effect upon the majority of pollen-stimulated allergies. This is usually a direct result of the pollen and related substances that are found in both unfiltered and uncooked honey which, when ingested, form a natural oral immunization against allergies.

Hope this helps

Love

=^_^= x

Kerry79
(Login Kerry79)
Thanks!
February 27 2007, 5:24 PM

That was so helpful. I really appreciate it!

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
February 27 2007, 8:55 PM

You're welcome :-)

Happy to bee of assistance....tee hee!!

Love

=^_~= x

Donna
(Login sadkow)
February 27 2007, 9:28 PM

Hey Kerry79, I suffer from allergies, pollen etc. but have had no problems with WU and I have been taking it for three and a half months now. Haven't had any side effects from WU either. Hope that helps !!!!

Ruby
(Login RubyS)
February 27 2007, 10:11 PM

I'm taking wonderup and it hasn't given me any hay fever, even though I sometimes do get hay fever. I mean I have got it at times in the past.

I think the problem with pollen allergies is strictly limited to when you breathe pollen grains, not eat pollen. I think eating pollen is totally safe.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon