Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone beat the bloat

Anyone beat the bloat
November 6 2007 at 12:44 AM Glamma (Login Glamma)

Someone please tell me they have found a cure to beat the bloat. I did colonix for 3 months but it did nothing for the bloat. I still have a bloated hard stomach. I take dandelion but no results.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
Re: Anyone beat the bloat
November 6 2007, 2:02 AM

try papaya enzyme. I have been taking for months now and never get bloated. when I get constipated I just take a couple extra. works great for me

lucyjuicy
(Login lucyjuicy)
November 6 2007, 10:45 AM

Try CLA, I heard it suggested from another member great for tummy fat, just started it myself yesterday

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 6 2007, 11:53 AM

I will definitely try papaya enzyme. Thanx! Lucy what is CLA? I'm clueless.

Miles
(no login)
November 6 2007, 5:18 PM

I think it might be fenugreek. When I just take fennel and black cumin, I'm fine. But with fenugreek and now also with Alfalfa it seems, I get very very bloated with a hard swollen stomache. When it gets like this, tea helps a little, papaya enzyme's don't seem to work for that hard stomache bloating, at least not for me. I'm not sure what else to do. It seems to get worse after I eat something. Any other suggestions would be great.

lucyjuicy
(Login lucyjuicy)
November 7 2007, 12:58 AM

Hi Glamma,

CLA is conjugated linoleic acid, it is a fatty acid that aids with fat loss! I heard it is especially good for the bloat/tummy fat which a lot of NBE users get, I found this suggested by Snowflake I think, I did some research and it is healthy for you and great for weight management in general. You should be able to find it in your local health store. I have only just started taking it but will let you know how I go with it.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
November 7 2007, 11:27 AM

CLA Tonalin is just for weight loss and targets tummy fat, It will NOT stop stomach bloating and gassiness. There lots of digestive supplements on the market. Perhaps try a probotic digestive supplement. Sounds like your problem is from herbs causing excessive gas, which gives you a bloated feeling, which CLA would do nothing as it is for abdominal fat burning. Go to a health food store and tell them you have extreme gas fro the herbs you are taking and see what they suggest to try. Also have you tried eating a bit of yogurt through out the day?

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 7 2007, 10:20 PM

Snowflake I don't only feel bloated but I look it to. It's like my stomach has grown, not fat though just feels really hard and swollen. So you think it's gas and not water retention. I was thinking it was water since hormone related bloating is from water. I just don't no what to do anymore. I even did colonix for 3 months and it did nothing.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
November 8 2007, 11:15 AM

Dandilion is more an herb to cleanse, which could be part of the problem right now. Stop all herbs for aleast a week. Eat yogurt every day and take a digestive enzyeme with meals. See if this makes a difference. If no change for better happens see your doctor.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
November 8 2007, 11:52 AM

Also check out Caniadia, sorry spelling is probably wrong, its kinda like a yeast infection in the bowels.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
November 8 2007, 12:36 PM

The above refers to Candida - the yeast that gives you thrush!

Just had a look at CLA and it doesn't sound like a good idea unless it's for a short period and you're in good health. It can give you insulin resistance which can cause type 2 diabetes and possible polycystic ovaries. It also totally changes how you organs deal with fats so some end up with too much and some with too little. Does sound like it's scientifically proven to remove fat in the abdominal area.

With the bloating are you sure it's the herbs? I get similar from some foods but haven't been able to work out what. Think it might be when I combine bread and pasta in one meal. I get a huge bloated belly like about 4-5 months pregnant and it's gone the next morning. You may be gluten intolerant or something. Have you tried Wind-Eze or anything for indigestion? (These things should be used in private though as they fix the wind by releasing it if you get what I mean!)

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 9 2007, 4:12 PM

I started taking papaya enzyme yesterday, so I'll see how that goes. From the research that I have done papaya enzyme sounds very promising, fingers crossed.

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 12 2007, 8:49 PM

Hi Kieyah,

do you know how long it takes to see results from papaya enzyme. Thanks!

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
November 12 2007, 9:45 PM

for me just took a few days when i first started

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 13 2007, 1:48 PM

Thanx. Hopefully i'll see results soon.

Lia
(no login)
Still bloated?... Yikes.
November 21 2007, 1:41 AM

Glamma,

do I understand correctly that you've been battling with your bloat in vain for the past year and three months?? Sorry to hear that, on all counts. What a bummer. And sure sounds mighty discouraging for all of us stuck wih an inexplicable bloat (and I see quite a few on this forum), as I think you might be right about this being permanent. How weird though: after just a couple of weeks on herbs, a permanent disfigurement!... Well, here's my lowdown: Took phyto-estrogenic herbs for 2 months, then quit b/c of all the odd changes in body, and now have been off of them for 3 months. After just 2 weeks on herbs, I developed a very visible abdominal bloat. Until then I'd always had a perfectly flat stomach, so this was mighty startling to me. But I thought things would normalize, so I continued with the herbs for another month and a half. Needless to say, it never got better. Another funky thing is, my periods became out of wack. On the 2nd month of the herbs I didn't get one at all. That's when I stopped all the herbs for good, and finally got a delayed period. But they didn't go back to normal either. I haven't had a period since, three months later! And another thing, at about the same time I acquired a bulge in my abdomen, my legs started swelling up daily, definitely enough to feel and to notice visually. This hasn't gotten any better since stopping the herbs either. As a matter of fact all three symptoms, stomach bloat, late periods and swollen legs have only gotten more acute over the past thee months. ... Oh, an I seem to have gained 5 pounds over the past 6 months, for no dietary change reason whatsoever. Hm... Looks pretty hopeless to me. I'm puzzled by so many suggestions of enzymes, liver and stomach cleanses and detoxes. This is simply not a digestive problem. Neiter is it a weight gain thing. My digestion is just fine. And the bloat is always there, even when my stomach is totally empty. Water retention this might be, sure, but I've tried an array of diuretics (green tea, magnesium, milk thistle, red clover, etc) and they didn't do a thing. Go figure.

lucyjuicy
(Login lucyjuicy)
November 21 2007, 8:37 AM

Lia, sorry to hear that, I have just started herbs and it's been about a month. Since starting, I have noticed a hugee bulge of my stomach outwards. It's definitely not fat, but very much like what has been described here - a hard bulge. I have been exercising regularly to try to balance out any weight gain that may have been caused by herbs, and also eating very healthy, taking a lot of protein, vitamin and mineral supplements. I've been bloated since a week after starting the herbs and today I have just purchased papaya enzymes and also thinking of getting acidophilus to see whether my bloat can be cured, which hopefully at this early stage it might... I am also experiencing the swelling of the legs which is VERY unusual for me because I am completely apple shaped and my legs have NEVER gained any weight in the past, no matter what or how much I eat or lack of exercise. I would really hate to think this is permanent disfiguration :S This is really starting to bother me.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
November 21 2007, 10:17 AM

Lia, maybe 6 months on the pill would regulate you periods and normalise your hormones. Have you tried anything from the pharmacy like aquaban? Or something for wind?! Why don't you go to your doctor and say you went through a phase of eating a lot of vegan health food or something..you don't need to mention boobs.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
November 21 2007, 11:07 AM

Its really not that complicated to correct if you have been taking herbs. I am now eating a probiotic yogurt " Activia' everyday and eating a apple for my evening snack. The herbs mess up the flora of your stomach, you need to add raw enzyemes to you diet. Anyway I feel great now and the bloat is gone. This even worked better than papaya enzyeme.

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 22 2007, 10:10 PM

Lia, sorry to hear about that. Herbs gave me a bloated stomach and pms. I've been to the doctor for the bloat and he linked it to my pms and he said the bloat will go when it's ready. Well a year later the bloat is still there. I refuse to believe it's permanant. I'm taking papaya enzyme, no results yet. I'm also bloated on an empty stomach. I wake up in the morning and it's there. This is just crazy.

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 22 2007, 10:23 PM

Even though it's been a year and 3 months I still find it hard to believe that it can be permanent. Lia I strongly believe it's not permanent. Something in our body's got messed up, our body's know what normal is, hopefully it hasn't forgot. I'm going to try aquaban but i'm getting fed up with spending money trying to rid the blaot. I take vitamins and minerals too that's good for pms and water retention and it's not cheap.

Miles
(no login)
November 22 2007, 10:54 PM

If you wake up with your stomache bloated and it never goes away, you should get an ultrasound. It is not normal to be swollen or bloated, especially if you have not eaten, drank or taken any pills that day yet. This happened to me a few months ago, and it was a cyst on my ovary. It had grown to 3.5 cm. Luckily, it was there for about 4 months and then finally disappeared, but I have read countless stories where ovarian cysts can grow to 10 cm or more and remain for many months and eventually had to be operated on. I would go see another doctor or tell your doctor that you are concerned and would like follow up treatment. Often cysts of the ovaries and breasts are a sign of estrogen dominance so it would be a good idea to stop taking the estrogenic herbs until you find out if it is a cyst or if it is something else. Good luck.

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 23 2007, 12:32 AM

I told my doctor that I wake up with a bloated stomach and he wasn't even surprised by it. To be honest I don't think he was even listening to half of what I was saying. As soon as I mentioned bloating I think he shut down because bloating is quite common I guess. He just said it can go when it's ready. But yeah I will go back to the doctor soon, not to him though.

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 23 2007, 1:17 AM

Does anyone no if the bloating is likely to be water or trapped gas cause I've heard people mention aquaban and Wind-Eze but they are both for different causes.

Lia
(no login)
Not so easy with the bloat
November 26 2007, 12:03 PM

Yep, I've got all of my tests and ultrasounds done. Nothing there. Yet the bloat has stuck around from the start, and has now lasted for months. And so has the swelling in my legs. And it's only getting worse, amazingly enough, even after I've been off the herbs forever. And yes, indeed, the Doc pretty much disregarded it all as a figment of my imagination for I'm quite thin, so my bloat doesn't look like much to him. Too bad, it is. It feels AND looks weird.
I've always been taking vitamins and minerals, and those won't change anything. Thanks, Snowfake, for your suggestion regarding yogurt. But I've also been eating yogurts and other sour dairy products daily for years, and it's safe to say they have no effect on this. Don't bring up exercise either. Been exercising up to 2 hr daily. And back when I was a couch potato, my stomach was always flat as a board. Exercise has nothing to do with this... My advice to Lucyjuicy: stop all that hormonal crap immediately and try and normalize your system first. It might not be too late for you. If you acquired the bloat this early, it'll just keep on growing if you continue with the herbs, most likely. So unless you want a distended gut to compliment your future boobs, stop now and figure out how to counteract the herbs' effects first. Apparently, it can be tough. Look at Glamma and myself and a host of other unfortunates on this forum... I'd like to think it's not for good, but the options are running out.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
November 26 2007, 12:24 PM

I'd say if it was high up around the stomach that sounds like gas but if you have it in the arms and legs too or lower down near the belly button that's more likely to be water. Isn't it weird how this affects some people and not others - have any of you had any food allergies or digestive problems before? I once did a diet that was supposed to detox you and help you find if you reacted badly to any foods, you start off just having apples and water for 48 hours then introduce brown rice and slowly add one thing at a time...I was about 14 so after feeling sick with the apples for 2 days I didn't really do the rest properly.

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
November 26 2007, 11:54 PM

I don't have swelling in my arms or legs. I don't know what I would do with myself if I had bloating anywhere else beside my stomach. That's driving me up the wall as it is. It just baffles me, it really does. I just wonder what's keeping the bloat there, I haven't taken any herbs for months. Nothing has caused this bloat beside the herbs. After about 5 days on herbs I wake up and bam it's there. Anyway I'm going to try aquaban first before wind-eze I think. I'll report back if either of them work, I'm going to check out some chinese herbalists as well.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon