Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Birth control for balancing hormones

Birth control for balancing hormones
May 23 2009 at 6:23 PM Abigail3 (Login Abigail3)
Hi everyone. It's been a great while since I've been here at the board. I decided to take a break and do a body cleanse. I took an herbal body cleanse a few weeks ago in hopes of ridding some horrible stuff from my body...excess hormones etc. Anyway, I was thinking about taking birth control to balance out my hormones since I've suffered greatly with imbalanced hormones for so long. I've tried and tried to take things to get them balanced but never win. I have in the past taken bc and it did seem to start balancing things shortly before I went off the pill.....lol.

I thought I'd ask anyone here if they've taken BC to balance their hormones and if it helped. What are all your opinions about this? I have an appointment to go in on tuesday. So if you could, please reply before then if you can. Smile I'd appreciate it.

Looking forward to your responses! Big Grin

32dds
(Login natural32dds)
Re: Birth control for balancing hormones
May 23 2009, 6:51 PM

I had asked this question a little while ago and no one replied.

The reason I asked is because I seen waterfalls program page and she said that she had ED problems but she feels balanced because of the birth control pills.

I am thinking of taking BCP to balance my hormones but I am wondering how that affects NBE. Will I decrease after I stop taking BCP? I would only be taking it for the purpose of balancing my hormones and not for birth control reasons.

Any opinions would be appreciated as well.

diamarena
(Login diamarena)
Re: Birth control for balancing hormones
May 24 2009, 5:10 PM

Well... someone did go pretty well when using Yaz, but I guess you have to know which exact hormone you need, and what pill provides it. We should make a list or something.

All I've gotten from my routine is acne, so I'm also considering this.

Abigail3
(Login Abigail3)
got yaz today
May 27 2009, 4:14 AM

Well I went for my appointment today and I was given some free packs of yaz bc. I looked it up online and it's supposed to help those with PMDD. I would fall under having PMDD since I get PMS so bad to the point of not being able to function some days. I just want to feel normal again. Anyway, after looking yaz up, and PMDD, vitex chasteberry came up on a few pages for treating PMDD as well. I've tried vitex in the past but not long enough to know whether it would work for me. So now I'm debating on whether I should try vitex or the yaz bc. I have a week to decide. Ahhh decisions decisions.......I'm not wanting to use the yaz for bc purposes...just hormone balancing.

jlh2334
(Login jlh2334)
Re birth control
May 27 2009, 10:56 AM

Well I'm afraid I'm no expert, but I have been on the birth control since I was about 15, first to regulate my period, and then for birth control reasons. It did regulate my periods which I take to mean that it helped with my hormone levels. I don't have much advise as far as which pill would work better, but your doctor could probably answer that. If you haven't already, I would ask your doctor about hormone imbalances, and which pills contain more of the hormone you need, you don't need to say its for breast enhancement purposes.

Good luck! I think BC is a good way of balancing hormones, but if you have a serious imbalance it probably wouldn't fix it completely, but like I said, I'm no expert!

Jill
(Login Jill-1000)
Re birth control
May 27 2009, 12:18 PM

I honestly believe that birth control pills should be the last resort for hormone imbalance after all other lifestyle and dietary options have been exhausted (unless it's a really serious hormone imbalance).

Ostrogen dominance brast questions
June 20 2008 at 7:27 PM Kaze (Login mixedchica)

Hi everyone,

Just. Ive just realised that I may be oestrogen dominant. I have taken some online tests and it says I probably am.

But I was just wondering how that applies to breast size, NBE and the birth control pill.

I am currently drinking fennel and using it as a massage lotion. But I am considering going on the birth control pill. TO gain some size or breast fullness. But I am petrified of weight gain and depression. I have just reached my weight I am happy but would love to have afuller breast.

How can I change oestrogen dominance and can it be fixed with diet or supplements?

What would a progesterone BC pill do? Body, breast and mind??
what are the side affects and how will it affect breast growth??

Can anyone give me advise on what I should try or do now??

Thanks any advise appreciated

K Smile

Tina
(no login)
Re: Ostrogen dominance brast questions
June 22 2008, 7:45 AM

Some people think that progesterone omly contraceptive pill is better if you're attempting breast growth.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
June 22 2008, 3:24 PM

Hi,
I may be the lone voice crying out in the wilderness on this issue, but I must interject that there is a big difference between natural progesterone and the artificial progestins that are contained in birth control.

You will not solve your estrogen dominance with artificial progestins. The molecule does not have the same balancing effect as natural progesterone. This is due to the shape of the artificial progestin. It is close enough to natural progesterone to attach to the progesterone receptors and it will be effective as a birth control, but the molecule is shaped more like a testosterone molecule.

In the hormone world, molecule shape is very important. The natural progesterone that is processed in the lab from wild yam is bio-identical to our own body progesterone. That is why it is used to help combat estrogen dominance.

The writings of Dr. John Lee are very informative on the subject of estrogen dominance and the use of progesterone to combat it. My favorite of his books is "What your doctor may not tell you about pre-menopause". No matter what your age, that is the book that will guide you the best in treating estrogen dominance (at least that is my opinion).

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

kaze
(Login mixedchica)
the Natural PC cream
June 23 2008, 4:57 PM

Hi Waxing moon, thanks for the advise, I was just reading on your program page about using the PC on a certain day. As yet I have not Brought a progesterone cream but I was wondering what you meant about using it on the right day. As you used it on the the 8th day of your cycle and it had an estrogen affect???

Today I brought he holland and barret wild yam cream. Do you think that si ok to use daily.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
June 23 2008, 7:15 PM

Hi Kaze,
You use the progesterone cream starting on the 12th day of your cycle and continuing to the 28th day, or when ever your period starts. This matches the luteal phase of your cycle when your body is already producing progesterone.

Check the label of the wild yam cream. If it does not say USP progesterone then the wild yam has not been processed to make progesterone. This has to happen in the lab. Our bodies cannot make progesterone from wild yam cream itself. If it is not USP grade progesterone then your cream is estrogenic and will not help to increase your progesterone level. The cream could still be used for NBE as a massage cream, but it will not balance estrogen dominance.

A good reference book is by Dr. John Lee: "What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause". This book outlines the treatment of estrogen dominance. I highly recommend it if you are going to use progesterone cream no matter what your age.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

nbe_please
(Login nbe_please)
June 24 2008, 11:10 PM

Depo Provera is a BC shot that is only injected once every 3 months and is very effect BC, BUT..

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT. it is synthetic progesterone (progestin) and it did absobuletly nothing for my breast, gave me some cellulite, made my hair fall out, made me depressed, completely stopped my periods (which was nice, but now that I'm off of it after 3 years of continuous use, my periods are far worse than before- cramp wise and heavy with shooting back pain sometimes). It can also REALLY screw with your adrenal glands, making you quite fatigued (so my gyno tells me).

Please dear, save yourself the hassel.. in my opinion.. it was definately NOT worth it.(I have a message posteded a few pages back in this forum with more details about the Depo shot if you want to learn more about what I went through- could help with your decision).

Moon seems to be very knowledgable about NBE. I would follow her advice. She and Louise have been helpful for me.

Goodluck Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon