Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tubal ligation hinders NBE?

March 22 2007 at 10:09 PM kat (Login BObabe)

I pasted this from Wonderup's FAQ page:

"There are quite a number of known reasons why a woman's body might not respond to the treatment. These include such factors as tubal ligation, thyroid complaints, use of nicotine, anorexia nervosa, hysterectomy, adrenal complaints, use of narcotics and recreational drugs, bulimia, severe menstrual problems, severe mental stress, severe physical stress, extreme use of caffeine, and inadequate nutrition. "

The bulk of this list is nothing new to most of us, and we have some peri and post menopausal Beauties that are proving success is possible, but it is the first I've read anything concerning Tubal Ligation....which I had done 5 years ago. Has anyone come across this before or want to make a stab at why this would be a hinderance to NBE?

kat

Lisa
(no login)
Re: Tubal ligation hinders NBE?
March 23 2007, 2:13 AM

I think it's untrue! There's no reason why a tubal ligation would hinder breast growth. I had one a few years ago, and I am growing just fine.

Solitaire
(Login solitairian)
March 23 2007, 9:39 AM

I think it's true. Some women have problems as a result of tubal ligation, as sometimes it seems to have a negative effect on the body's hormonal balance and causes symptoms such as menstrual cycle disturbances. Some women even have a tubal ligation reversed because of adverse effects. If having a tubal ligation can cause cycle problems, I find it quite plausible that it could potentially interfere with breast growth.

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
March 23 2007, 8:20 PM

I disagree. A tubal ligation simply creates a separation in the tubes. It does not alter anything hormonally. If you still have your ovaries, that is where your hormones come into play. Now if you've had a hysterectomy, I could see the possibility of changing hormonal issues. Outside of that, a tubal ligation in and of itself should not change anything hormonally for a woman. I had mine done over 2 years ago and not one single thing changed for me regarding my cycles or any symptoms whatsoever.

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS
March 23 2007, 8:35 PM

I have learnt to trust Vortex Health on these kind of issues, as they seem to really know their stuff about NBE. If they say that the success rate of Wonderup is lower amongst women with tubal ligations, then I would have to believe it. Besides that info could put someone off from trying and they would not potentially put women off for no reason.

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
March 23 2007, 11:59 PM

Very interesting question ladies! I had a tubal myself 7 years ago when my youngest was born and I have always wondered if that could have an effect on my hormones because I seem to gain weight more easily and have noticed other things also, like a lower sex drive and...being less energetic. Of course I've had other things effecting my health also over the years, but... It has still kept me wondering. I do have all my reproductive organs by the way, unless they stole them while I was asleep- prob not though I still feel ovulation pain. Which brings me to another interesting tubal side effect. Painful ovulation. If the egg cannot be allowed it's travel to the uterus and disposed of naturally, what happens to it? Couldn't this somehow change the process that effects the hormones that are released, changing the way the pituitary gland is stimulated?
If only we had an endocrinologist to ask.

Jennelle
(Login Jenneelle)
EVE MEMBERS
March 24 2007, 9:25 AM

Vortex Health have a record of being right about things. See this page for further info:
http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/surgery...ersalp.htm

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
Thanks!
April 1 2007, 5:20 PM

Thanks for the information! Now I am convinced my tubal had an effect on me. I do still have hope I can grow my breasts though it may be harder. And I am also convinced that my hormones will always need a boost to help me feel better. This is a good link of information. I would think other women would be interested in reading it.

http://womenshealth.about.com/gi/dynamic...00.ip_&
tt=2&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//members.tripod.com/%7Esterilization_rights/Symtoms_PTS.html

This message has been edited by EveEM on Apr 1, 2007 7:24 PM

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
This does not happen to everyone.....
April 1 2007, 6:05 PM

I read the information in the links above, and I would have to say that I guess it is possible, although maybe it's like anything else, things affect everyone differently, and while some may have negative effects many have no negative effects at all. I had my tubal ligation 2 1/2 years ago and have had none of the negative symptoms spoken of. I've been doing NBE since January and have grown one inch. So my point is, don't get discouraged with NBE just because you may hav had a tubal, not everyone will have problems.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
April 2 2007, 12:31 PM

Totally disagree with this. i have had one 20 years ago. My ovaries are still in tact and uterus, the only differece between me and someone that hasen't had one is that my eggs can't get to my uterus for fertilization. My tubes are just clamped, my ovaries work like anyone else's. Really can't see how having your tubes clamped and blocking where the egg ends up would have anything to do with breast enhancement, my ovaries still have hormones to make eggs.

Surf
(Login Surf.)
EVE MEMBERS
April 2 2007, 2:46 PM

I had my tubes tied over 7 years ago and I've grown several inches on NBE.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
have to chime in...
April 2 2007, 3:07 PM

I grew an inch in a month while on herbs. and i had a tubal ligation 2 yrs ago. good topic!

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
April 2 2007, 4:55 PM

I'm so glad to hear this from you ladies, I was begining to think I was a freak of nature because I've had no negative symptoms since my tubal and because I'm growing with NBE!

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
April 2 2007, 5:11 PM

I guess they know something we don't, but I just don't get it. Whats having tubes cut or clamped could alter any NBE. Are ovaries are still the same and thats what makes us female right? The tubes are just the passage ways for the eggs, which are going anywhere now.

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
April 2 2007, 5:23 PM

Yes, exactly what I mentioned above. As long as we still have all of our parts inside, then I don't understand how just having severed tubes could make anything change hormonally.

kat(therine)
(Login BObabe)
April 2 2007, 5:36 PM

Thanks so much for weighing in on this, ladies!

I posted this as it rather grabbed my attention; I'd never seen this in any other lists......made me have an OH POOP moment, worrying I had something else to go up against. I've had no issues or changes health wise since having a tubal 5 years ago, hence it never previously entering my radar, so it's GREAT to hear the reassurance from you who've gone before, so to speak Smile

lassysam
(Login lassysam)
April 2 2007, 7:45 PM

I do think my hormones have changed since my tubal, but that could also be due to my getting older. However, I know that I am still ovulating- I can feel it and my libido does increase around that time too, even more so now that I am on NBE. As far as my own opinion goes, I don't think that every women that gets a tubal has her ovaries shut down and dissolve, my guess would be that it is rare. And as a few women have proved you can be in menopause and still grow your breasts! :]

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
April 2 2007, 8:20 PM

Yes, what I suspect is that because women normally get a tubal when they're maybe in their later 30's or 40's, maybe they mistake some of the natural aging changes as having something to do with the tubal.

Skyler
(Login skyler_s)
April 11 2007, 8:15 AM

It seems to me that Vortex Health can't actually be wrong about this, as if I've understood things correctly they would appear to be basing what they say on observation, not on a theory, i.e. they have noticed that the success rate is lower in those cases and are just reporting that.

Electra
(no login)
June 1 2007, 9:56 AM

In answer to the question of what happens to the egg when it can't pass through the tube, I believe it breaks down and is absorbed into the body.

WiccanWoman
(Login WiccanWoman123)
June 1 2007, 5:09 PM

I totally 100% disagree with this ! Its not true !

I had a tubal ligation 6 years ago and my hysterectomy 10 weeks ago, I am growing BETTER than some women that are having your periods, no loss after flo etc etc.

Tubal ligation would have no effect what so ever on NBE it does not change your hormone levels it simply prevents you from getting pregant. And like I have said before I think women with Hysterectomies have better chances for growth.

Summer
(Login summer_skye)
June 11 2007, 7:59 AM

But as someone said above, if Vortex Health are only reporting observation I don't see how it can be wrong. And the cases where someone has had a tubal ligation and still grown would not be relevant to this, because the overall success rate amongst women with tubal ligations could still be lower than for those without.

Halome
(Login Halome)
June 11 2007, 9:00 AM

I have to disagree as well Smile

They probably aren't mentioning other factors such as women that have had TL prooooooobably aren't using things like Birth control pills. Many women on BCPs are trying NBE, which would make their hormone levels higher, thus potential for more success.
Women that have been tied on the other hand, are likely to have lower hormone rates at start because of the missing BCPs.

Just a thought Tongue

WiccanWoman
(Login WiccanWoman123)
June 11 2007, 9:12 AM

While you say Vortex may have a good history there is no medical reason for this to be true. The only time you should not see any hormonal flucuation after tubal ligation is if your overies are in shock from the surgery, and you will rebalance within a few weeks to maybe 2 months tops.

EVERY Women no matter what thier health reasons can benefit from NBE, if they don't, they are on the wrong program/routine. The only exception I would say would be those with breast cancer..even then if they get it all and receive a clean bill of health I would say massage after would help some with texture and scaring. Now many of you might disagree but you can't dispel science. There is just no reason for NBE not to work in women with a TL.

Just to see what thier site was about I looked around Votex's site..I hate to be the fly in the ointment but they look like thier priority is cashing in on "new age healing" its a popular scam and I have been studing reiki wicca reading etc etc for years and prices like thiers are usually a red flag..jumping from a reasonable reiki fee to an outragous vaguely labeled "reconnection" package at 333.00..sorry I don't buy it.

Nell Gwynne
(Login nell.gwynne)
EVE MEMBERS
June 11 2007, 10:01 AM

I think you must have the wrong site. The Vortex Health / Wonderup site under discussion here is www.vortexhealth.com There is nothing on this site which could be described as "new age healing".

Rachel
(no login)
July 8 2007, 11:04 AM

Don't take possible problems too seriously. I'm sure it's omly meant as a general guide. I'm sure some women have more than one possible negative factor and still get results. Think positive and don't dwell on the negative.

Lisa
(Login lilmama40)
It didn't hinder me!
July 8 2007, 6:52 PM

I had a tubal ligation 2 1/2 years ago and have gained 3 inches in the past 6 months on various methods of NBE. :-)

Michelle
(no login)
July 9 2007, 3:03 AM

Totally untrue. I had a TL 4 years ago. I was a 32B pre-pregnancy. During nursing I was a 34H. (True). I lost all of the baby weight and went down to a 32C.

A few years later I found myself divorced and in a relationship with a guy (jerk) that constantly made comments about how "all of his ex's looked like Jessica Simpson". He was referring to her big boobs and blonde hair. I considered implants, but decided not to because all of my friends that have them wished they wouldn't have done it. I never bothered with bleaching my hair either Smile

I did buy Fenugreek, Niacin, and L-Tyrosine. I took 2 of them 3 times a day. Within one month I went from a 32C to a 34DD. Yes, there was some weight gain, but I sorely needed it. I am 5'8 and at the time I weighed 115lbs. (size 1).

The problem now is that there is no such thing as "sexy" or even "pretty" undergarments in my size! Victoria's secret has a secret alright....they don't want you in there if you wear my size. Some of the sales girls are downright rude when you ask for a DD. Some of them even insist on stalking you with a measuring tape to "prove" to you that you are wearing the wrong size.

In any case, the TL had no effect. I do wish that there was some way to regulate the growth. I only took them for 1 month. That was last October. I bought two bras today, one is a 34DD and the other is a 36DD and both fit. I HATE IT. I wanted to be around a 34D-ish, not a freakshow!!!

Wonder up and tubal ligation
August 15 2006 at 6:17 PM SassiP (Login SassiP)
I was reading over the FAQ on the wonderup page. It mentioned that those who had a tubal ligation or have tubal ligation syndrome may have a lower success rate using wonderup.

I did not have a a tubal ligation by choice, however because of tubal pregnancies both my tubes have been cut off.

Has any of you using wonderup had a tubal ligation or tubal problems? If so are you finding success or not?

I wonder if this would be the case with any breast pill or NBE.

Sabrina
(Login Sabrina.)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Wonder up and tubal ligation
August 15 2006, 8:55 PM

I assume logically that if it sometimes interfered with the actions of Wonderup it would be exactly the same with any other product.

Sabrina

leaving arizona
(Login leavingarizona)
August 16 2006, 6:16 AM

Hi sassiP

Your post scared me. I am looking into getting a tubal ligation soon. I read on one site that it does not effect homones. On another I read that It could cause homone changes in some people. And another site said that the TL could restict blood flow to overies. My point is that maybee wonderup might not work as well on someone that has different homone levels that what is normal. Just guessing on my part.

SassiP
(Login SassiP)
August 16 2006, 8:32 AM

I have read several articles that say tubal ligation restricts blood flow to ovaries which cause hormonal disruption. They say the ovaries actually atrophy. After I had my last tube removed I asked my doctor about this and he believes it doesnt mess your hormones.

However, there are women who complain of menopause like symptoms soon after having a tubal ligation. I remember coming across a forum with a bunch of complaints. I believe they call it Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. Some of them decide to have them reversed just for the sake of being relieved of the symptoms.

On the other hand there are women who have no symptoms at all. So it is a controversy.

Its definitely not a light decision. For me personally I would never choose to have my tubes ligated or tied off. But like I said my problem was reccurent tubal pregnancies of which the last one ruptured and I almost died. So my life was at stake.

Take Care,
sanoe

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
August 16 2006, 11:43 AM

Please excuse my ignorance.......but is tubal ligation the same as being sterilised?

I was sterilised 10 years ago after my last child. I didn't plan on having any more children and was concerned about the dangers of being on the Pill for so long, so it seemed like the best option at the time. I think they put clips on my tubes.

There was no difference to my hormone balance after the op. Periods continued to be and still are regular and everything else remained the same.

Am wondering why this would cause WU to have a lower success rate. Have been on it for 2 weeks now and am already seeing a difference. Time will tell.

Love

=^_^= x

SassiP
(Login SassiP)
August 16 2006, 6:08 PM

Yes, its often called sterilized. However since yours was just tied its less invasive. When it's cut and burned on both ends than that can interrupt blood flow and hormones.

Im glad to hear your seeing improvements. Ive been on it for 5 days and am feeling some aches and pains. I still have my growth from other routine. So it looks like I may not have a problem as far as my tubes.

Sanoe

Sam
(no login)
August 16 2006, 6:14 PM

Surely it would be similar to somebody who was on the pill as their hormone levels are not 'normal' either. I'd say give it a goo!

BJ
(Login SmallGurl)
EVE MEMBERS
August 17 2006, 5:12 AM

Hi again Sassi, I have had a tubal and was seeing results I do remember reading on the WU site that you can still have success w/ WU if you have, it just may be slower.

Edith
(Login Edith C)
EVE MEMBERS
August 17 2006, 6:48 PM

If tubal ligation makes any difference to NBE then I don't think it's enough of a difference to be concerned about. I wouldn't worry about it.

tubal ligation and NBE
January 28 2008 at 8:58 PM madboobie (Login madboobie)

Is there any reason why if you've been sterilised NBE won't work?

Just curious....

Henri
(Login henriettahippo)
Re: tubal ligation and NBE
January 28 2008, 10:05 PM

I think this has been brought up before, I just don't remember the answer - I want to say no though, that it won't make a difference, but am not 100%. I don't see why it would make any difference.

lilmama40
(no login)
January 28 2008, 10:13 PM

I had my tubes tied 3 years ago, started NBE 1 year ago, and have gained 4 inches. It still works! :-)

madboobie
(Login madboobie)
January 28 2008, 10:21 PM

thanks both, just found the previous thread, seems for some its a problem, for others no... just like everything.

Had my tubes done a couple of years ago, think I'm coming up to three years. To be honest i have felt no difference in myself at all since them and have had no problems (other than a huge bleed after my husband tried to try out his wife's new tackle too soon afer the op - typical!)

Just had an oh b***** moment there after i read the small print on the vortex health website!

Tiffany
(Login Tiffany)
EVE MEMBERS
January 30 2008, 10:03 PM

I think this is one of the many details that we shouldn't worry about too much.

It may be a negative factor for SOME women, but for others they will grow as well as anyone else, if not better.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
January 31 2008, 8:52 PM

If the tubal ligation has not caused you any other problems then it shouldn't interfere with breast growth either.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon