Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Depo Provera

Depo Provera?
October 18 2006 at 8:57 PM Jessica (no login)

Has anyone here had success with NBE while on the Depo Provera shot? The shot is a drug that is very similar to progesterone. If you've had success, what did your program include?

gingerD
(Login gingerD)
Re: Depo Provera?
October 18 2006, 9:21 PM

is this contreception?

Jessica
(Login jessicaheidi)
October 18 2006, 9:33 PM

Yes.

[Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone acetate) is a drug very similar to progesterone, a hormone normally produced by the ovaries every month as part of the menstrual cycle. Depo-Provera is an injectable medicine that prevents pregnancy for up to 3 months with each injection ("shot").]

Anonymous
(Login dandelion1)
October 18 2006, 9:42 PM

hi. i was on depo provera for 3 months and no breast gain. I know of other women who were on it however i dont know if they gained ; one thing we did have in common was a lowered sex drive, and continuous spotting throughout the 3 months on it. also my arm hurt for about 2 weeks after getting the shot.
i wouldnt recommend it. If you can remember to take your bcp there's no point in taking the shot.

Jessica
(Login jessicaheidi)
October 18 2006, 9:47 PM

Okay...I'm aware of the side effects of just being on the shot...but what I'm wondering is if anyone has has success with a NBE program (herbs, massages, etc) WHILE they were on the shot as a form of birth control

I'm on the shot and it hasn't given me any problems, except light spotting. I just ordered Wonderup and I'm trying to get an idea of my chances for success with it since I'm on the shot

Lucia
(no login)
October 19 2006, 9:33 AM

Hi everyone, I just stumbled on this forum. I am taking Wonderup and have the depo shot. I have grown but it's a slow process, so I can't answer your question really about the depo. Maybe I am growing only slowly with Wonderup because of the depo or maybe I would be slow anyway, I don't know. I'm sorry after all this I don't have the answer for you.

Anonymous
(Login jessicaheidi)
October 21 2006, 2:43 AM

Lucia, how long have you been on it?

Lucia
(no login)
October 21 2006, 8:48 AM

I am now in the 5th month of taking Wonderup. I am still growing but slowly so I will keep on taking it and see what more happens.

Regarding Contraceptives
May 28 2008 at 2:24 PM DaringD (no login)

For those of you wondering about the conflict of NBE with your contraceptives.

Many experts say that artificial/medical hormones cause herbal hormones to be ineffective. I myself have been on the pill and or shot the last four years and have been researching NBE for two years. In these two years I have discovered that the shot (Depo-Provera) wiped out ALL my hormones, causing me to go from a nice C to a deflated A/B plus making me go crazy with severe pms for an entire month at a time. Once I changed from the shot to the pill, NBE started working MUCH better. It's been slower than most of the timelines for the women I read about, but it HAS worked. I have gone from a 35" measurement to 38 1/2". It's really been going well lately.

The two most dramatic changes I had to make was going from the shot to the pill, and using progesterone cream. That stuff is AWESOME. It's even wiped out ALL PMS symptoms that the pill gave me. That's right - NO CRAMPS NO MOOD SWINGS NO BLOATING. I still crave dessert, but I can SO live with that!!!!

Olga
(no login)
Re: Regarding Contraceptives
May 28 2008, 2:33 PM

Hi DaringD, what herbs did you use while on the pill? Im on the pill myself, but a bit afraid to start NBE since i heard so many sources saying it might interfere with the effectivenss of birth control. Please, really need help..

Flowerbomb
(Login Flowerbomb)
May 28 2008, 2:45 PM

Hi im new here, and havent started nbe yet, trying to gather as much info as i can first so would really appreciate some help here. I heard some herbs interfere with birth control pill. Which ones did you take, did you have any side effects? I cant wait to go on nbe, in my quest for bigger breasts!!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
May 28 2008, 7:08 PM

I think it's more about getting the right hormones. Your case sounds very much like you were estrogen dominat / progesterone defficient and the shot was strogly estrogenic and that only worsened your imbalance. Another very important take on BCP is that stopping it often causes a disruption in the hormonal balance and that's the worst thing for NBE. I did it once, stopped BCP thinking that NBE will work better, but it only brought me even more severe acne, PMS and cramps than before. Nedless to say NBE continued to not work with my hormones that messed up.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
May 29 2008, 5:45 AM

I'm glad you mentioned that moon! I have been contemplating going off bcp too. I don't really need it. I only take it so I know when to expect my cycle and it helps some with pms. but thought if I quit it NBE might work better. So thank you for that, moon. You probably saved me months of headache and boobage loss!

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
May 29 2008, 1:06 PM

Oh, glad to be of help Kieyah. Yeah one thing I learnt from going off BCP is that when I'll want to get pregnant, I'll suffer lol. Also related to that, WU's site comes to mind, on which it says that in their study, WU started working better after quiting BCP in a few cases, but in most cases it worked better with BCP.

progesterone injection
December 17 2006 at 4:56 PM cutevelvet (Login cutevelvet)

hi all, i get extremely heavy bleeding..always had done but since the birth of my baby daughter over a year ago i started getting menstrual cramps after i finished my period which would normally last 2 weeks. my doctor thaought it could be fibroids so i went for an ultra sound. luckily it wasnt that. my other retired family doctor recommended that i speak to my doctor about giving me a progesterone injection that would reduce my monthly flow. at that point i said no way (i hate needles!) but reading so much on progesterone defficiency and under developed breasts im wondering...the progesterone injection might not be such a bad idea.........wot do u say?

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: progesterone injection
December 17 2006, 5:16 PM

Be very wary of artificial progesterone. There is a big difference in PROGESTINS and Natural progesterone. The chemical name for the artificial progesterone (progestins) is actually 19-Nortestoserone. Its molecule is nothing like the natural progesterone molecule. It has some progesterone effect but also a lot of harmful effects. Progestins are not found anywhere in nature and are foreign to the human body.

Some unpleasant effects of artificial progesterone (progestins) are depression, androgen dominance effects (acne, hair loss, facial hair), increased allergic reactions, stroke and heart attack risk. They also will increase estrogen dominance because they block the balancing effect of natural progesterone.

If progestins are used (in this example or in birth control pills) supplementing with natural progesterone will have little or no effect. They inhibit your natural progesterone and compete for the progesterone receptors.

All I can say is beware. If those injections are progestin and not natural progesterone they will cause you a lot of grief. Drug companies use the progestins because they can patent it - make money off it. Since natural progesterone cannot be patented, it is less likely to be used and less likely your doctor will prescribe it.

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
Re: progesterone injection
December 17 2006, 5:18 PM

By the way, since you hate needles (me too), you would probably benefit from natural progesterone cream. It will help with the heavy bleeding and cramps.

cutevelvet
(Login cutevelvet)
thanks
December 17 2006, 5:45 PM

thanks u guys for ur imput....might ask the doc abt the cream

TwinkieStar
(no login)
Had shots before
December 18 2006, 2:52 AM

I tried Depo Provera before, the 3-month shot birth control. Someone I knew recommended it. She'd been on it for a long time. But when I tried it, my body went all out of whack. I was bleeding moderately for 2 months straight. One day I went to the restroom and this pain shot through my whole body, I couldn't walk. I left work immediately to see the doctor. They prescribed a regular birth control pill to balance out my hormones. Never went back for the second shot.

The only good thing about it was that my boobs got slightly larger. My boyfriend would constantly stare at my chest and comment on it. Smile And it lasted for a year after I stopped the shot. But it's definitely not worth it. Of course it's different for everyone.

emmie
(Login emmiedee)
on depo
December 18 2006, 3:51 PM

i have been on depo for about two years and i love it... but i didnt have any of the nasty reactions to it (acne, weight gain, etc etc). it isnt for everyone, though it worked for me just like it was supposed to (thank goodness!).

talk to the doc about the cream... if you want depo get it for the right reason of birth control, because it can have some long-term lasting effects that you may not anticipate and may not want (if they are not your goal)... i have heard of possible bone loss and possible trouble conceiving later. i eat calcium like it is my job and dont want kids anyway, but that is me.

get all the facts!! hope whatever you pick works best for you...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon