Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Saline or silicone implants?

No matter how much exercise I did, I'd never get the results I wanted. I was okay with my boobs before but I thought a little more would accentuate my assets. I simply wanted more projection like Kim Kardashian and because of that I have scheduled an appointment with a surgeon in Toronto ( http://www.drkreidstein.com/our-procedur...t-surgery/ ). I'm pretty excited and eagerly waiting for the date (14-03-16). Which implants should I choose to have natural look - saline or silicone?

Hi, Lia.
First, to answer your question, I've read that Silicone is better than Saline in terms of natural feel and bounce. I'd suggest you confirm, though, doing more research - I don't have implants. ;-) (Nor have any of my girlfriends.)

Do ensure you're talking about the newer Silicone gel implants, though. The old ones could leak; the new designs are a gel, not just a bubble, so the shell can split with very little risk - the gel still doesn't migrate.

Saline is basically a water balloon, and any leaks will result in the saline being absorbed and processed by the body, so low risk. But it will FEEL like a water balloon, I understand.

There is also the question of incision, type of implant, and textured or smooth shell.

So, working in reverse: I've heard good things about textured implants, but never done in-depth research. (The research I did was before even the silcone leak lawsuit, so outdated. Since then, an occasional page came up in my surfing.)
But the texture also affects how the implant sits, over the muscle, or intramuscular, I believe it's called. One puts the implant under a chest muscle (I'm unclear on whether it's between Pectoralis Major and Minor, or the muscle is cut and the implant placed IN a muscle. The doctor should be able to tell you.)
Over the muscle generally makes the "big, round balloon" look (Which I concede I'm partial to.) This will use a round implant, usually (there are different shapes, as well, forgot to mention.) Not sure on textured/smooth.
Under the muscle, the example I saw was a textured implant, looked good, and natural. HOWEVER, that incision causes a LOT more pain in recovery, for what I'd presume are obvious reasons. ;-)

Incision location is a necessary discussion, too. There are inframammary crease, nipple, armpit, and belly button incisions, and I don't know enough to explain the differences, other than the actual location. Scarring from armpit and belly button seem to be the least noticeable, though, but as I understand, requires the implant go in uninflated, and it's then pumped up when in place inside the body. Something to look into and discuss, anyway.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/breast...s-who-lift also addresses some of the concerns you'll have, since you started off talking about working out. A few other details, from someone on the other side of the gender pond: Look up Renee Reyes and look at her exercise routine published online. (I'm at work, so can't supply a link. Filters and such.) Transgender Web Mistress of Atlanta, IIRC. But I think it was a bent-arm pullover, and I've heard Decline press. (Plus the other exercises Renee mentions.) I suggest Renee because she addresses those who have NO natural endowment. However, you'll need to experiment and see what helps, and what addresses your specific needs. E.G., decline bench press will build lower Pecs - so, more volume in the cup, even with no breast. Flyes will reorient the pecs a little, hopefully pushing breasts to the center, limiting the East-West split. And the pullovers should work the serratus muscles and elongate the torso (may or may not be helpful; I have a long torso already, and I believe I "broke" my ribs as a teen doing too much weight. Muscles were strong enough, the bones tore off the cartilage, I believe. It was a little, loud, wet, POP! ... :-P And lots of soreness, but no limitation in ability. But it DID result in a broader rib cage, lucky me. :-( So, be careful... You'll have a better time of it because no ego & testosterone to deal with. ;-) )

Lastly, especially since HERE (BN.com), how are you exercising? If you've been torching body fat, you'll have smaller breasts no matter what. If you're doing bodybuilding routines, that qualifies. Lots of Metcon? Qualifies. All of these are going to burn fat a lot, which means smaller breasts. They also sculpt the body in some ways that can limit female appearance; IE, larger arms --> breasts appear smaller. Since you don't give details, I'm just guessing at what might be a negative due to unintended consequences. OTOH, the narrower the waist (fewer crunches, less ab work!) will make breasts appear larger, due to the narrower waist. Look at https://www.t-nation.com/training/sexy-female-training for more info from an expert. ;-)

Please post pictures back, too! :-) Tell us how things go.

-Dianna
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon