Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek and blood sugar

Side effects of fenugreek
May 26 2006 at 12:32 AM Liz (no login)

I read that fenugreek is supposed to reduce blood sugar levels. Does that mean that it's bad for people with low blood sugar levels & low blood pressure? I seem to feel more tired these days & wonder whether it's due to the fenugreek that I am taking (1800 mg) or due to stress & lack of sleep.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Fenugreek DOES lower Blood Sugar!!!!
May 26 2006, 11:31 AM

Hi. I have not had troulbe with low blood suage since my last pregnacey 21 years ago. But in January of this year, I started a program of SP and 1500mgs of fenugreek aday. I was seeing considerable growth so somestimes at night I would take and extra fenugreek, putting me at 2000mgs some days. I did that for about 3 weeks and then 1 morning got up could hardly move for weakness, dizziness and severe muscle aches in legs. I stopped all herbs immediately. It was the fenugreek and it did lower my blood sugar that much. I was about 3 days before I could function again. And it took me about a month before I felt myself again. So I am just saying becareful with it. I never dreamed it would effect me that way. I always thought it was because of pregnacey that the low blood sugar started with me.But like I said that was 21 years agoo. Some people can take a few candies through the day, but I seriously don't think that would have helped me much, just prolonged the crash. Just take care!!!!

Darisha
(Login Darisha)
Snowflake
May 26 2006, 11:58 AM

Snowflake, I am so glad you posted that info because I have hit a brick wall with this nbe. A couple of days ago I posted in one of the threads about feeling ill, weak, dizzy and so forth especially in the morning when I get up which made me lose my appetite and consequently lost weight. Molly responded that it may have been the dq in my routine that was making me ill. I started off taking bgp a few months back which has fg, fennel, dq and some other herbs. The dosages were only low compared to what others are taking and didn't feel ill while taking them but when I started on Natureday, which has equal amounts of fg, fennel, dq, blessed thistle and saw palmetto that is when I noticed a was feeling ill. But the amounts in this is low also. I am now just wondering if it is just too much of a combined mix and not just one particular herb. I too experienced some low blood pressure during my pregnancies and maybe I have now developed a sensitivity to these blood sugar altering herbs. I don't know!! So what did you do after your bad episode to the fenugreek Snowflake? What are you taking now? I have been seriously considering PM for nbe. At the moment I have ceased all herbs just to give my system a break. I have been off them now for 3 days and my appetite has picked up and I have put weight back on in just that short of time. I am going to be extremely cautious with my next decision on nbe. I definitely won't be buying any more of the premixed herbs that's for sure. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,
Darisha

wsdm
(Login wsdm)
Re: Side effects of fenugreek
May 26 2006, 12:04 PM

This is interesting.

Why or rather how does fenugreek cause low blood sugar?

and therefore should fenugreek be taken with meals or accompanied with a high caloric diet?

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Not Sur HOW,
May 26 2006, 1:43 PM

Not exactly sure how Fenugreek drops blood Sugar levels but it does. Also does Red clover. And someone corect if I am wrong, please, but most herbs tend to thin blood which could also make you feel abit dizzy, because blood PRESSURE also drops abit. I am not saying that low blood suagr is diffently the problem for you, but it is something to be aware of. I use fennel now, which is suppose to be much like fenugreek. been on for about 10 days, no real problems , noticed a little leg aches. But i relly wonder if it has something to do with blood being thinned, cause I'm using SP right now too. Fennel is suppose to be good for sinus problems and I have to say I think that is better for me since I started taking fennel. I hope this has been some help, if I knew I could still have had a blood sugar problem, I would not have taken fenugreek. And saved myself that whole problem. But no one really knows how herbs will effect them till you start them. I hope you can figure something out for yourself and just be careful.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
Not sure meals would help.
May 26 2006, 1:55 PM

Because somehow fenugreek affects how fast the pancreaus releases sugar into our systems. I do know that CHRONIUM helps regulate the pancreaus to release sugar at a better, more even rate. And after that your getting into more scientific stuff I can't wrap my brain around!!!! Every one who is affected by low blood sugar will even have their OWN drop point, which makes it even harder to try and figure out. I don't know what else to say, except search herbs very carefully and be aware that LOW blood sugar may be a problem for you. Good luck and consider fennel if in doubt.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
I just REMEBERED, sorry
May 26 2006, 2:12 PM

Sorry for so many posts but, just rembered, Milk thislte lowers blood suagr too. Soo maybe try blessed thislte. Been searching this one myself, have yet to find that it effects blood sugar. Thought I could use this one to cleanse. Again sorry for so many posts!!!!

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS
May 26 2006, 2:52 PM

The clinical evidence available so far suggests that Fenugreek may help to control blood sugar when it is too high in the first place. There is no medical evidence to say that Fenugreek lowers blood sugar in any other circunstances, although you could not rule this out. At the moment, the clinical studies show benefit when blood sugar is too high and no effect when blood sugar is normal and no side effects of any kind.

Liz
(no login)
fenugreek may lower blood pressure
May 26 2006, 5:06 PM

I just came across this: for those prone to low blood pressure, this herb may affect you. See http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksuppl...greek.html

Katarina
(no login)
May 26 2006, 5:17 PM

I became very sick while taking the herbs, I stopped, and only do massage and it's a lot better.

tammyrita
(no login)
fenugreek
May 26 2006, 8:00 PM

Hi, I have taken up to 26000 mgs of fenugreek with no side effects. I do believe, though, that if you are prone to low blood sugar without herbs, the use of fenugreek MAY affect it.

Liz
(no login)
Low Blood Pressure
May 27 2006, 4:23 AM

After reading the article I posted, I think that the cause of my tiredness is due to the intake of fenugreek, so I think I will lay it off for a while & maybe try taking fennel instead.

Anonymous
(no login)
Blood sugar
June 12 2006, 10:33 PM

I'm taking a high amount of fenugreek myself and haven't noticed anything untoward. However a friend of mine started taking it and has complained about feeling tired ever since.

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
wow thats me !!!
June 13 2006, 1:13 AM

ok girls sorry to be such a pain it must drive you crazy repeating stuff !!!! im getting boobs but im lethargic with aches all the time !!!! im now sure its the fenugreek !!!!!!????? so do i just stop taking it and stay with fennel as the prolactin thing ???? I"d love help please love jelly......

Emily
(no login)
bump
June 13 2006, 2:02 PM

i've not had any problems with fenugreek despite taking 3000mg a day, but i'm sure the blood sugar lowering effect is real for some people.

headcahes from fenugreek???
August 26 2006 at 10:11 PM
tms81 (Login tms81)

i just pumped up my program and am getting headcahes i think it is the fenugreek, because now i just took 750mg of fenugreek and my head startet to hurt again
i am taking 2250mg of fenugreek 2200 SP, omega 3, fennel tea and massage.
Should i cut down on the fenugreek and maybe take some red clover??
And do crom help with fenugreeks lowering of bloodsugar??

tms81
(Login tms81)
Re: headcahes from fenugreek???
August 27 2006, 7:05 AM

i forgot to say that my head feels better after i eat so i guess it has something to do with my blood sugar

Anonymous
(no login)
August 27 2006, 7:11 AM

I would eat right when you take the herbs. I would recommend try to take a lower dosage of Fenugreek and see if this helps.

tms81
(Login tms81)
August 27 2006, 7:11 PM

just cut my fenugreek out and ordered some fennel insted, i read an earlier post that:
Herbs thin blood. Milk thislte and fenugreek lower blood sugar which over a 2 week period would make you very sick. Leg cramps, headache, very dizzie, muscle aches, are all tell tale signs of low blood sugar, along with blurred vision. You don't have to be diebetic for low blood sugar to kick in. Also wouldn't mix herbs with over the counter meds. Just some thoughts for you to consider. Hope this helps. If I rember correctly I think red clover lowers blood sugar too. Maybe try and use Fennel instead.
(writen by snowflake)

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
August 27 2006, 8:09 PM

Hey hun....am a bit concerned at the high dosage of fenugreek you have been taking. 2250mg seems very high.

Wonderup tabs have 75mg of fenugreek per pill so 6 of these a day gives a total of 450mg. Personally, I wouldn't want to take any more than 450mg a day.

Also, I noticed that you have recently been on antibiotics. It's a good idea to take some probiotics after taking any course of antibiotics. This is because the anti-b's kill off all the bad bacteria in the gut but also the good bacteria too, which can knock your system out of balance as well as make it harder to absorb vits, minerals, herbs etc. I'm not an expert but if you aren't clued up on probiotics, then read up on them.

Your pics are awesome by the way!!! Wowsers!!

Hope you get back on track soon.

Love

=^_^= x

tms81
(Login tms81)
August 27 2006, 10:31 PM

yeah i got a little to exited when i got of my antibiotica and pumped up my program to fast i knew it was wrong but i didn`t want to hear at that voice in my head. But i use to have some problems with getting dissy and having problems to concentrate when my blood sugar gets low so to take fenugreek may just make this worse, i haven`t take fenugreek since this morning and feeling much better. So i think fennel is a much better opion for me. But i see a lot of other girls are taking the same amonth of fenugreek as me for example sunset. Well i am gonna do a lot of changes in my program, for now just SP and some tea until my fennel arrive and no more fenugreek

tms81
(Login tms81)
August 27 2006, 10:37 PM

thanks you faerycat, you pictures where pretty amazing too, just hope i have some luck with the herbs to

Sunrise
(no login)
Fenugreek
August 28 2006, 2:16 AM

I think it's a good idea to substitute Fenugreek with Fennel instead. I used to take Fenugreek too until I found that I was feeling constantly very tired and weak. I sometimes have low blood pressure & I didn't want to have fainting spells. I found that eliminating the substitution helped tremendously. You may want to have bigger boobs but not at the expense of your health I am sure.

Anonymous
(no login)
August 28 2006, 8:22 PM

So are the only two safe herbs to take for NBE Saw Palmetto and Fennel?

tms81
(Login tms81)
August 29 2006, 7:49 AM

i wouldn`t actually put it that way, herbs are safe but with some herbs you are more likely to experience sideeffects than others. People react very differently, some have allergies and some are more sensetive then others.
The best is to read a lot about the herbs you want to take and try them out.
But if you read on sideeffects to medecine maybe aspirin you will see there is a long list (a lot more then with herbs) and you may not have a single sideeffect.

Snowflake
(no login)
Hey Girls!!!
August 29 2006, 12:10 PM

Don't forget, Wild Yam is also an option as well as fennel, hops, Red clover is a strong one and can also lower blood sugar. Don't forget to check out the Herb info page for lots more!!! Take Care.

annie2
(Login annieboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
August 29 2006, 1:38 PM

Hi, i use to get headaches when i was on single herbs for three months. i was taking fenugreek ,SP and WY, Then i switch to fennel and it was a bit better. Sad to say i didn't grow. Now i'm trying WU 18 days now,i added Sp i started getting headaches . Can Sp cause headaches? I was doing fine with the WU.

Anyways tms81 i posted to say your pics look great , and it seems you haven't breast fed. I've breast fed and i lost my sexy boobs now they are saggy . Hope you reach your goal.
Good LUck

Anonymous
(Login tms81)
tms81
August 29 2006, 8:19 PM

I actually breastfeed for 18months, they luckly didn`t get saggy, i used a push up bra all the time at night at the time i breastfeed, but they got small.

tms81
(Login tms81)
August 29 2006, 8:23 PM

Saw palmetto can give you gas and headaches if you take them on a emty stomach, so it is recommended that you take them with food. I always take them with food and have no problems

Low Blood Pressure
June 3 2006 at 1:20 AM jlynns (Login jlynns)

I have low blood pressure due to my adrenal glands not working correctly. A naturpath is giving me some things to take to help correct that. Does Fenugreek lower blood pressure? I was wondering if I should take Fennel instead of the fenugreek?

Thanks!

TenderTaTas
(Login tendertatas)
EVE MEMBERS
Re: Low Blood Pressure
June 3 2006, 3:42 AM

I have reeeeeaaaally low blood pressure, and at first I felt a little dizzy when starting the FG but not sure if it was psychological or not. Anyway, I got used to it and it's been on over 4 months and I'm not having problems with my BP.

Liz
(no login)
Fenugreek & low blood pressure
June 3 2006, 7:30 PM

I have low blood pressure off & on too & I found that Fenugreek made me really weak & tired. Pls see my previous message on this subject. There is some link I mentioned abt the herb.

Kerrie
(Login HSMomma)
EVE MEMBERS
June 4 2006, 9:06 PM

My dd (9) just got diagnosed with low blood pressure. The dr. basically tole me to push the fluids (especially water - no soda) and eithe take salt pills or eat alot of salty stuff. Not sure it will work for you , but it has helped her alot.
Kerrie

Carol Ann
(Login Chefette)
JLynns
June 4 2006, 10:46 PM

When I was taking fenugreek, I had somewhat of the same reaction as you. I felt weak,tired,and edgy alot as well. It is a good choice for some and not a good choice for others. Basically trial and error on our parts as to getting this thing right for each of us. My suggestion to you would be stop taking it if you are that concerned over the effects it brings to you during usage.
When I was taking it, I felt like my sugar level had dropped to an all time low...and usually stayed that way until I ate something... again.
Just be careful with the low blood pressure and herbs and make sure you research them well before you decide to add them to your daily routine. It isn't worth the money OR your health if they are doomed to fail you.
Take care and good luck

Anonymous
(no login)
January 2 2007, 5:17 AM

I had low blood pressure for a long time but didn't know what it was because every time I went to the doctor it registered normal.

Anyway the answer was simply a lot more water and I took cell salts
but I forget which ones as it is rare for me to have an attack these days. And if I do, I just have a good drink of water and the sensation passes within 5 minutes.

Anonymous
(no login)
January 8 2007, 11:04 AM

So ladies if you have low blood pressure, you will find it difficult to develop big boobies.

"Low blood pressure (hypotension) may be a sign of low adrenal function. Normal resting systolic (the top number 120/80) blood pressure should be above 100. Systolic numbers at 100 or below may cause a person to feel fuzzy headed, lethargic, and fatigued.

Low blood pressure reduces the amount of blood, oxygen, and nutrients that are supposed to supply the muscles, organs, and brain. Increase your salt intake. Drink 70 ounces of water a day.
Licorice root helps elevate blood pressure and reduce fatigue.
I usually recommend 450mg 2-3 times-a-day, with food."

There is a correct way to measure low blood presure, so make sure your doctor does it right.

lil dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
February 19 2007, 10:28 PM

ah, yes. i do in fact tend to have low blood pressure and did appear to have good results on licorice... perhaps time to bring it back.
though it says on the bottle not to take for prolonged periods of time...

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
February 19 2007, 11:04 PM

Are you informed about the fact that adrenal complaints are a huge obstacle for NBE?

Rinoa_Lewis
(Login rinoa_lewis)
February 20 2007, 5:19 AM

I was just having a chat to my mum about adrenal glands...

She said to help 'kick start' your adrenal gland (or for a little extra energy!) there is something you can do.

Bare with me...this is going to be pretty hard to explain ;p

----------------------
You 'tap' your hands against your back.
To find the right position, make fists with your hands and put your knuckles together behind your back. Your forearms should be almost parallel to the ground. The correct position for me is just above the bottom of my ribcage, and this is the case for most people. What you do NOT want to do, is be tapping your kidneys, which are located just under your ribcage.

Once you have found the right height to do your 'flicking', release your fists, move your hands a little further out from your spine (as you do not want to hit this either) and with your palms facing up, start tapping on your back. Your pointer finger will be making the most contact with your back, while the other fingers will be tapping into eachother. Do this for a minute or two.
-------------------------

My mum is a Reiki master (lol has anyone heard of reiki? It's an eastern 'energy medicine' technique) and a certified pharmacist's assistant. She really surprises me with the medical things she comes up with!

I hope my explanation is clear enough...if lots of people have problems...let me know and i'll try and get a visual explanation together.

Oh, and on low blood pressure in general, I have been feeling dizzy whenever I stand up for almost 6 years...but my blood pressure at the doctors (and at home!) has always been normal...however blood tests seemed to find some irregularities. Apparently vitaminB12 is an important one.

*much luck for all!*

lil dunny
(Login lil_dunny)
February 20 2007, 7:47 PM

how would i be able to tell whether my adrenal glands are working properly? i've usually attributed my low(-ish) blood pressure to diet/exercise

Rinoa_Lewis
(Login rinoa_lewis)
February 21 2007, 2:44 AM

lil dunny

The only real way I can think of would be to get it checked out by a doctor...but the little 'tapping' thing couldn't hurt even if your adrenals were working properly.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
lil dunny
February 22 2007, 5:39 PM

What kind of licorice did you take? Will DGL(Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice) work the same way?

I have low blood pressure too. I never knew it affected my boobies!!! :-O

Fawn
(no login)
February 23 2007, 10:42 PM

There's a big difference between low blood pressure and low blood sugar, although the adrenal glands help to regulate both functions.

Fenugreek lowers blood SUGAR - not blood pressure, although the symptoms can feel very similar.

DGL licorice will not increase blood pressure.

Fawn
Botanical Beauty Lab

fenugreek and diabetes
April 14 2009 at 10:03 PM jjj (no login)

Hi all!

I took fenugreek for 3 months - January, February and March (2 pills per day, did breaks during my period) and I became really sick. That s why I stopped, but I still have the symptoms that look like starting diabetes (frequent urination (not so much as before), very dry mouth during the night, an extreme fatigue...). My blood pressure has always been low, but since February I feel that I have higher blood pressure than normal.

I passed a quick medical test early February when the symptoms where still not so developed and my GP remarked that my blood pressure was high (borderline, thus acceptable though).

I know I have to visit my GP again, but Im scared! Is it possible that I ruined my health with this herb?
Google says that fenugreek lowers blood sugar levels... what the hell is going on???

Thanks for any insight, Im 37 yrs old btw
J

jlh2334
(Login jlh2334)
re:Fenugreek and diabetes
April 16 2009, 1:09 AM

If I remember correctly, through my research of fenugreek a while back, i remember reading that fenugreek was actually used to help treat diabetes, not cause it.

It's probably completly un related, but while waiting for results from the doctor I would take a break from any extra herb you are taking to be safe.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well though, I hope everything turns out fine!

Corinsa
(Login Corinsa)
Re: fenugreek and diabetes
April 16 2009, 2:18 AM

Fenugreek lowers blood sugar, so it has been used to treat diabetes. However, if you are hypoglycemic and have naturally low blood sugar, then be careful taking fenugreek as it can lower your blood sugar even more, causing problems. This can give you headaches, dizziness, shakiness, and fainting. I have dealt with hypoglycemia, which is actually pre-diabetes, for a while now. There isn't a "cure," the only thing you can do is stabilize your blood sugar level by eating small frequent meals throughout the day, cut out refined foods and sugar, and add in more proteins. That way you don't have a spike in your blood sugar from eating candy, then a sudden drop, which can make you absolutely miserable. Either way, get your blood sugar tested by your doctor if you are concerned.

jjj
(no login)
April 16 2009, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the answers,

I will get my blood sugar checked, I hope nothing is seriously wrong. Probably simply a bad time in my life.

Corinsa, I think that you may be right, I simply did not tolerate fenugreek well. It obviously did something to my blood sugar. I havent taken any herbs for nearly 1,5 months, but I still feel very weak and I feel some nausea.

Herbs are powerful, so I may try positive thinking and hypnosis instead for BE.

I also remarked changes in my periods while taking fenugreek, although my dose (2 pills) was quite low.

As for breast augmentation, I responded very well, I felt all the tingling etc and they really got bigger, but they deflated after I stopped.

Take care everyone.

Mel C
(Login mcovert)
April 16 2009, 3:48 PM

Yes,I agree with Corinsa.Except,I will add a little more.When I first started doing NBE,years ago,I took alot of fenugreek.It whacked out my blood sugar levels.I had gestational diabetes all 3 times that I was pregnant.When you get gestational,you are borderline diabetic anyway.That's what my doctor explained to me.So,it makes sense why I always had kidney and bladder infections growing up.That's two of the many organs diabetes can attack.Thank God that I have 20/20 vision,and it has not affected that.They always told me to watch out for mine going over 150.The scary thing was,when I was driving during my last pregnancy,this horrible feeling came over me.I was burning hot and freezing cold at once.my vision started blacking out,and I could not control my shaking or my bodily functions.I don't know how I got that car safely pulled over.I called my doctor,and she told me to check my blood sugar level.It was 46!So,they then figured out I'm at the other end of the spectrum,and I bottom out.This is just as serious as it going too high.I'm not trying to scare anyone,but people have went into comas and/or died from this.Again,this was my third pregnancy,I had already had it twice before.The doctors told me that each time you have it,it ups your chance of it becoming a permanent condition.
Almost two years later,I had had no problems until one day out of the blue.I was working on an assembly line and those same feelings came over me.I went to go get orange juice and peanut butter and crackers.Then I tried sipping on Sprite.I started to feel a little better,but then WHAM!!! I started puking and shaking and I peed all over myself.I had no control.None.I went home and checked my sugar(I only lived a couple of miles away).It was 38!!!! I called the doctor.They gave me that crappy stuff to drink and then checked me out.I am permanently hypoglycemic,which is a form of diabetes.The only difference is you're body produces too much insulin,then you crash because your pancreas cannot absorb it at that fast of rate.The good news is that I've learned to control it with diet.Not so much as what I eat,as when I eat.I used to run all day without any nourishment,then gorge myself.I quit that.I listen to my body.When I'm hungry,I eat.I get ill,moody.....it's time to eat.If I don't,it leads into the shakes and everything else.It's a scary feeling.That's always why my weight fluctuated so bad,plus my high metabolism.Thank goodness it can be controlled with diet.I eat more whole grains and fiber.When I eat a sandwich,it's wheat or grain bread.I eat alot of oatmeal and peanut butter,as well.I also take protein shakes,and that has helped tremendously.That way,when I am on the go (life happens),if I cannot eat exactly at lunch time or supper,it will sustain me.Plus,it keeps me from gorging.I like the fact that it gives me an appetite.The doctor said I must control the way I eat,so that later on I'm not dependent on insulin.I've learned the right foods and nutrients.So,definitely grateful that they invented protein in liquid form.I have also noticed with NBE,it can make you healthier with the conditions you have because the herbs have many other benefits to them.
So,as far as the fenugreek-----it is an awesome NBE herb,what I do is take mine in Bustea.It's small doses at once.I started with 1 cup a day to see how I would do,then worked up to 2 a day.I do fine with it.Sometimes I only take it once per day,as it is not the main basis of my program.I also take it right after a protein shake.Hope this helps.Plus,if fenu does not agree with your body,you can always do fennel.Hope everything gets better.

Wahaika
(Login Wahaika)
April 16 2009, 4:09 PM

I also agree with Corsina. Fenugreek is also a diuretic.

Fenugreek--What it does to your body (and your weight)
April 17 2009 at 2:13 AM Sandra (Login SandraDD)

Ok girls, here’s some infor on FG & Weight Control. I did some research cuz nobody answered my questions regarding this in my post seeking advice...so I did some research and thought this might help everyone to understand what is going on in our bodies when taking FG (& SP, which has already been posted).

“In various areas of North Africa the seeds (ground into a paste) were traditionally eaten by women to gain weight, in combination with sugar and olive oil. The seeds are still used for weight gain in Libya and other areas.”
So Fenugreek definitely helps weight gain. Fenugreek has a history for aiding weight gain in people with poor digestion & poor appetite, but it doesn’t directly “cause” weight gain. But Why??

I had a few questions about FG.
Why does it help NBE?
Why does it cause some but not others weight gain? Is it the plant itself or is it what it does to our body?
And why in some places it is used to help weight loss?

This is what I found about FG:

1. It improves digestion & contains diosgenin, a phytoestrogen compound that seems to mimic the effects of the hormone estrogen.
That’s why it’s good for NBE.

2. (I think this is the key to why some people gain weight on FG.)
It stimulates insulin secretion.
A surge of insulin does 2 things:
-- It tells our body to store fat
-- It lower our blood sugar level, which can make you feel tired & think you are “hungry”

~~~~~~~~~The biology behind this~~~~~~~~~
It contains “4 hydroxyisoleucine” that makes your blood sugar level drop and is often used to treat diabetic people.

“During digestion, the body breaks down carbohydrates into various sugar molecules. One of these molecules, glucose, is mainly controlled by the hormones insulin and glucagon that are released from the pancreas. When blood glucose levels are high after a meal--about 120 mg/dL, or milligrams of glucose per deciliter of blood--glucose is absorbed directly into the bloodstream. The liver accepts extra sugar and stores it in the form of glycogen. Beta cells in the pancreas release insulin, which acts as a key to unlock the body's cells and allow glucose in. This, in turn, lowers the blood-sugar level to the normal range of about 60 mg/dL. If the pancreas releases too much insulin, however, even more glucose enters your cells and your liver can't release glucose into your bloodstream. The result is low blood sugar, defined as a level below 45 mg/dL.”
(http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0..._n6006077/)
Insulin: “The greater concern with the insulin surge is not that it tells our body to start storing fat. Whatever we eat and don't burn up eventually gets turned into fat anyway.

The greater concern is that the insulin surge causes too much blood sugar to be transported out of our blood and this results in our blood sugar and insulin levels dropping below normal. This leaves us feeling tired and hungry and wanting to eat more. The unfortunate result of this scenario is that it makes us want to eat something else with a high sugar content. When we do, we start the cycle all over again.”
(http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_sugar.php)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So if you have low blood sugar (many girls are slightly hypoglycemic—prone to low blood sugar), this is where the problem starts!!

Low blood sugar level occurs when blood level of glucose (a sugar molecule that acts as a major energy source for the body) drop too low to fuel your activity.

!!! Since many symptoms of hypoglycemia are similar to the feeling of hunger, some women confuse being hypoglycemic with being hungry. !!!

I am prone to low blood sugar level and I know it makes me “feel hungry,” especially around 3-4pm.

Some ideas for you if you are taking FG & don’t want to gain weight from it:
-Never skip a meal, especially breakfast.

-Plan your snacks & be prepared for that energy drop. I usually do raisins or fruits in the afternoon when I feel “hungry.” I also take grapeseed supplement, royal jelly & vitamin B in the afternoon, because they both give me energy so I won’t feel tired. I loooove it.

-High fibre snacks and meals can help regulate your blood sugar level. The fibre slows down glucose absorption and keeps your blood sugar level more consistent. (So eating apples & oranges are much better than drinking apple & orange juice)

Other sites you can browse:
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_sugar.php
http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/suppl...ugreek.asp

So my decision is that I'm gonna give FG & SP a try. I was worried about gaining weight from them, but I think as long as I keep a balanced diet and watch what my consume & how my body feels I'll be ok.

Have an awesome boobie day!

Sandra
(Login SandraDD)
oh one question
April 17 2009, 2:16 AM

One question....
For those who take the Greenbush FG, does it make you smell like Fenugreek? I remember reading somewhere that taking FG will start to make you smell like FG... what's your experience with it?

Alana
(Login lani_hopes4DDs)
Re: Fenugreek--What it does to your body (and your weight)
April 17 2009, 2:56 PM

Thanks for the great info, sandra.

Yes, taking FG eventually leads to this weird, maple-y body smell. For me, it's pretty mild, and I can't really smell it after I put on deodorant.

Moon
(Login -Moon-)
April 17 2009, 3:46 PM

From all the reports I heard I got the impression that FG doesn't usually cause a problematic drop of blood shuggar - only in a minority of individuals at which this manifests as headacke caused by FG. It's possible and makes sense tho that a borderline effect on blood shugar would cause hunger and weight gain. However many individuals report no effects. It may be tho that many NBEers are too skinny and wellcome any potential apetite and weight gain effects.

Sandra
(Login SandraDD)
April 17 2009, 5:00 PM

Alana, thanks for sharing, I think I can deal with that. I'm gonna give FG a try.

Moon, yea I think only ppl who are already prone to low blood sugar level will experience that. I think you are very right about many girls being too skinny..

I'm gonna give the Greenbush Enhancement combo a try. Thanks girls for being helpful!

Veronica
(Login Veronia)
April 17 2009, 6:04 PM

I think Moon has hit the nail on the head. In most people fenugreek does not cause a problematic drop of blood sugar. But for a minority of people they do need to watch out, as if you have low blood pressure to start with you may find an a adverse effect with fenugreek.

Snowflake
(Login GoldSnowflake)
EVE MEMBERS
April 17 2009, 6:44 PM

Actually in looking for things to help with weight loss, I come across products with fenugreek in them. Because it helps lower blood sugar levels, it also aids in weight loss. But in the same sense it helps diebetics manage their diebetes because it helps regulate glucose levels. Cinnomin has the same effect, and you can buy cinnominn capsules to regulate glucose levels

Thanks for the info
โปรโมชั่น gclub

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon