Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

bra size Q

I have a Q-- I thought I had bra sizes figured out but now I am lost-- I come across a lot of people on this site with 33'' bust at the nipple say they are at D/DD cup size. I am 43'' around my breast at the nipple and I am a DD. How are these two measurements considered the same bra size?

I found this:
http://busts4justice.com/2012/01/15/what...bra-sizes/

I understand sister sizes-- and I see that 28D can = a 30C.. but these measurements are at 33"-36" and say they fit a DD and I am at 43" thats a big difference.

am I wearing the wrong size or something?

it's about the band size too.
what is your underbust measurement?

if i had a 33" bust, my bust would be smaller than my underbust!
a 43" bust would be DD for me too

I suggest going into a lingerie store and actually get a professional fitting. I'm not even a biological woman and I did! Big Grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wi...ners_guide

There is no having bra sizes figured. Honestly. There've been women who have literally measured the bands on their bras and found that they can have bras labelled ANYTHING, and they'll actually all have the same band width. Or you can have any two bras with the same band size on the label, and they'll be RADICALLY different. Every time you go to purchase a new bra, it's like starting the adventure all over.

(15-03-2016, 11:16 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  There is no having bra sizes figured. Honestly. There've been women who have literally measured the bands on their bras and found that they can have bras labelled ANYTHING, and they'll actually all have the same band width. Or you can have any two bras with the same band size on the label, and they'll be RADICALLY different. Every time you go to purchase a new bra, it's like starting the adventure all over.

I hear you there.
Normally within one line/collection the size will be the same as others in the same collection. However if you go to a different brand, even in the same shop they'll be different. It's to make sure you keep buying the same brand, the one you know fits you properly.
That's why I never order bras online and always try every bra on first, even if they are all from the same shop.
I once had a 36F that had a band about 4 inches smaller than another 36F from the same shop. Ever since then I try on every bra I can find that seems like it might fit

(15-03-2016, 05:51 AM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wi...ners_guide

Ohh il go do mine now!

Ok right O..
30DD or 32D - and mine aren't big AT ALL so double d sounds great but doesn't mean big boobies ...
Plus I don't fill out all 32d's either so il just keep wearing what I wear.

(16-03-2016, 01:44 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(15-03-2016, 05:51 AM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wi...ners_guide

Ohh il go do mine now!

Ok right O..
30DD or 32D - and mine aren't big AT ALL so double d sounds great but doesn't mean big boobies ...
Plus I don't fill out all 32d's either so il just keep wearing what I wear.
That calculator put me as a 38J which I am definitely too small for!
I agree with you, if something fits your breasts, wear it!

(16-03-2016, 11:53 AM)ArcaneKatana Wrote:  I agree with you, if something fits your breasts, wear it!

Amen!

I actually hadn't even used that calculator in the link before I posted it, lol. I just tried it and my estimated size is 28E. Holy cow, that band size is tiny. 30DD is a sister size, and that's the size I said I was in my program page. I'm trying to order a 30DD bra, but it's way too expensive right now. I'm curious how the fit will feel.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon