Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Inversion Method For Hair Growth

Hello!

I just wanted to check if anyone here has used the inversion method for hair growth and has seen results? Right now, I'm primarily concerned with keeping my hair healthy and have been wearing protective styles and keeping it well moisturized. However, some growth would be nice too and the inversion method seems to be a method I could try without needing to use vitamins or pills. However, I am curious to see if it worked for anyone else before I get my hopes up.

Thanks Smile

Well, I can't speak to hair growth specifically, except it won't hurt (unless you fall asleep upside down and don't wake up.)
But it's good for the spine and joints, and it does get more oxygen to the brain, also allows for more ab work, doing sit ups and such from an inverted hang.
We have a Teeter hangup. Great toy. Solid, too. Feels GREAT afterwards. You'll get taller, too. About. Quarter to half inch, not permanent.

If you can afford it, get one, use it daily. Tie back your hair, though, don't want it getting caught. ?
Dianna

Can't afford one at the moment but will keep it in mind for the future.

You can improvise some of the benefits using a decline bench and light weights extended towards the floor. I do mean light.
Also, hanging your head off the bed will help, but can be rough if you fall asleep...
Monkey bars (if they are still around near you) can be used to hang from, and some frames at the gym.
And you can suspend yourself using your arms on a pullup or dip station, let the spine decompress.
Dianna

I've had good results when I have done the inversion trick. Obviously a good hair-skin-nails vitamin, biotin, and don't be deficient on iron or zinc as well though.

Be careful of iron though, you can get too much, and it is bad to get too much.

- JJ

Yep. I tried it exactly as described in several blog posts and articles around the web. I even went so far as to measure my hair growth for an entire month before beginning the inversion experiment. I'd advise you to do the same if you try it.

My normal rate of growth was close the the average of 1/2 inch per month. One thing I found is that it's surprisingly difficult to get an accurate measurement of hair growth in a short period of time. Your hair is different lengths all over your head and it doesn't all grow exactly the same, either.

The first week I did the inversion method I concluded that my hair grew about .22", which would be a rate of almost an inch a month if it continued at that rate. But it didn't. I continued with the inversion method for 3 full weeks, but as I measured it, my hair didn't seem to grow nearly as much in the following week. After a couple of months I measured my hair length and it had grown at about the normal rate.

All I could figure is that you hair grows at about the same rate long term, but it may be possible to speed things up a bit in the short term-- only to slow down later.

Wannabe, I read somewhere to only do it for one week every month since doing it for too long for an extended amount of time diminishes the affect it has. Regardless of this though, I have heard many people say their hair growth only sped up by a little although some have gotten a full inch at least in the first month

(19-03-2016, 03:55 AM)FairyGurl Wrote:  Hello!

I just wanted to check if anyone here has used the inversion method for hair growth and has seen results? Right now, I'm primarily concerned with keeping my hair healthy and have been wearing protective styles and keeping it well moisturized. However, some growth would be nice too and the inversion method seems to be a method I could try without needing to use vitamins or pills. However, I am curious to see if it worked for anyone else before I get my hopes up.

Thanks Smile

Keep your Vitamin E intake high. A good source is cold-pressed Wheatgerm Oil from health and wellbeing stores but you may need the more expensive capsules as it doesn't taste nice from the bottle.
You could also take Melatonin to remove hair growth supressive factors but as the mechanism is hormonal it can have side effects, so should be discussed with your doctor. (It works wonders on many greyhounds, a breed prone to hair loss, too)

(16-07-2016, 07:12 AM)smithjohn Wrote:  
(19-03-2016, 03:55 AM)FairyGurl Wrote:  Hello!

Thanks Smile

Keep your Vitamin E intake high. A good source is cold-pressed Wheatgerm Oil from health and wellbeing stores but you may need the more expensive capsules as it doesn't taste nice from the bottle.
You could also take Melatonin to remove hair growth supressive factors but as the mechanism is hormonal it can have side effects, so should be discussed with your doctor. (It works wonders on many greyhounds, a breed prone to hair loss, too)
hair transplant

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon