Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Phytoestrogen vs Anti-estrogenic

Hello, I have an urgent question.

I have seen flax seed described as both a phytoestrogen and an anti-estrogenic.

Now, aren't these opposites?
Is this the seeds, oil, or both?

I'm under the impression that the phytoestrogen produces estrogen but anti-estrogenic blocks it. How would this be good for breast growth?

(24-03-2016, 01:55 AM)mslanchik Wrote:  Hello, I have an urgent question.

I have seen flax seed described as both a phytoestrogen and an anti-estrogenic.

Now, aren't these opposites?
Is this the seeds, oil, or both?

I'm under the impression that the phytoestrogen produces estrogen but anti-estrogenic blocks it. How would this be good for breast growth?

Im under the impression it promotes good type of estrogen and moves away the bad?... from some scientufic studies it proved anti cancer. I dont necessarily think it would aid in boob growing.
Others may hold different opinions.
Some hear swear the oil helps their boobs grow... so maybe.

I've also heard it can increase penis size. Which is strange if it increases estrogen. It seems almost as if it's this super food that somehow grows boobs and dicks even though it's estrogen/anti-estrogen. Huh lol

(24-03-2016, 02:36 AM)mslanchik Wrote:  I've also heard it can increase penis size. Which is strange if it increases estrogen. It seems almost as if it's this super food that somehow grows boobs and dicks even though it's estrogen/anti-estrogen. Huh lol

That's a new one!
Just googling flaxseed and estrogen should give you an idea. I "think" and don't quote me it promotes the good estrogen , the type that doesn't involve breast growth. but yeh it's all heresay, they rabbit on all over the net that fenugreek grows boobs and if that were the case you'd hear about it on here! Which you don't btw lol

Ehh... It's actually a bit different than either of you are thinking. Phyto-estrogen and anti-estrogenic are, in fact, NOT opposites. There is only one phytoestrogen as strong as estradiol and that's deoxymiroestrol which is only found in PM. Also in PM is miroestrol, without the deoxy, which is a phytoestrogen closer to estriol. Almost all other phytoestrogens are down in such an activity range that they can actually be considered anti-estrogenic in most cases, since they'll compete with your bodies own natural estrogens while not being as active. The only situation in which they improve estrogen is when you're low in estrogen and so there's no competition going on.

The phytoestrogens in flax seed are genistein, daidzein, et al. These ones are stronger than estrone in activity, but far weaker than even estriol, and highly competitive. That's why they're also anti-estrogen.

I can see a PDE5 inhibitor doing that (getting erections, aka Pharma ED drugs), and mostly from the inhibition of the adenosine receptor, (but I don't see flaxseeds pathway following this).

For what it's worth IRRESPECTIVE of whether it's pro or anti I have consumed ground flaxseed which amounts to a lot for as long as I can remember in my daily breakfast and it made eff all difference to my boobs so I wouldn't implement it for growing boobs. Maybe use it as a topical, get one with vit E in it to stop oxidation on contact with air.
Good luck

(24-03-2016, 06:24 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  For what it's worth IRRESPECTIVE of whether it's pro or anti I have consumed ground flaxseed which amounts to a lot for as long as I can remember in my daily breakfast and it made eff all difference to my boobs so I wouldn't implement it for growing boobs. Maybe use it as a topical, get one with vit E in it to stop oxidation on contact with air.
Good luck

Yep. There's this too. Some do have some success with it, same as soy which is much the same. Soy and flax are insufficient to do anything one way or another for me as well.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon