Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vitex/chaste berry. Side effects or benefits? Thank you

Exclamation 

Hi guys.
I've decided to start up chaste berry again. Sick of short heavy cycles. PC is too risky.

Has anyone experienced side effects or benefits to taking it?

Thank you in advance..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12520164
Links to read slash to beg lotus to translate into English for me..

Hey ellacraig!

I just started vitex too. I was having headaches and a bit of nausea but a lower dose and taking it at night has helped!

(28-03-2016, 04:49 AM)Sarbear Wrote:  Hey ellacraig!

I just started vitex too. I was having headaches and a bit of nausea but a lower dose and taking it at night has helped!
Hi. Keep me updated. I'm on day two of my cycle which is usually HORRIFIC and heavy and it's been quite normal so that's good.

(27-03-2016, 05:17 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12520164
Links to read slash to beg lotus to translate into English for me..

Ella, the study (full pdf below) explains how vitex agnus-castus is cytotoxic to the cancer cells, they tested 6/7 of them. As explained, (or how I interpret the study to mean) would be like its (vitex) similar to an anti vemon if bitten by a poisonous snake (re: attacking cancer cells present in tissue). Something I hadn't seen before (when looking at Vitex) is that it supports proper lutenizing hormone function (meaning it's signaling).

Cytotoxicity and Apoptotic Inducibility of Vitex agnus-castus Fruit Extract in Cultured Human Normal and Cancer Cells and Effect on Growth
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb..._1_10/_pdf

Smile

Hey Ellacraig!

I was having a little bit of side effects still from the vitex capsules with powder that I was using so I just switched to a liquid extract capsule and I haven't had any side effects! I definitely recommend trying that or maybe even a tincture if you can't tolerate the powder capsules.

(07-04-2016, 06:04 AM)Sarbear Wrote:  Hey Ellacraig!

I was having a little bit of side effects still from the vitex capsules with powder that I was using so I just switched to a liquid extract capsule and I haven't had any side effects! I definitely recommend trying that or maybe even a tincture if you can't tolerate the powder capsules.

Thanks sarbear. What were the side effects? Actually i have digestive probs so i very well may not be absorbing it so liquid might be better for me too..

I just started Vitex about a week and 1/2 ago. I also just resumed using NB. I haven't done any kind of nbe for over a year while I've been trying to focus on getting to the root of hormone imbalance and cortisol issues. I'll try to keep you updated on my progress though!

(08-04-2016, 03:39 AM)Kristin00 Wrote:  I just started Vitex about a week and 1/2 ago. I also just resumed using NB. I haven't done any kind of nbe for over a year while I've been trying to focus on getting to the root of hormone imbalance and cortisol issues. I'll try to keep you updated on my progress though!

Thanks Kirsten sounds great. I need to work on cortisol too! Do you think herbs caused your hormone inbalance? I suspect herbs did mine..

No Ella, herbs didn't cause my imbalance. I've actually suspected an imbalance for a looooong time but blood work always came back normal. It wasn't until I finally ordered my own saliva test that I figured it out. I didn't take herbs before (started the vitex after my test came back) so I know it wasn't caused by that. I've actually been working with a nutritionist trying to work on the root of my hormonal issues.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon