Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vitex/chaste berry. Side effects or benefits? Thank you

(24-04-2016, 08:06 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  I would recommend NOT taking any more herbs. From what I recall you've had some bad run-ins with them in the past. It is 100% not worth taking nature into our own hands. I would really be careful.

Hey Jen. Long time.
Yeh you are right. I'm not taking any at the mo or fir a long time. Vitex for a few weeks but stopped that. Only maca now and fennel tea. While it's not a herb per say I realise maca acts on hormones but I figured more in a positive way (hope like hell....)....

(24-04-2016, 08:10 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(24-04-2016, 08:06 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  I would recommend NOT taking any more herbs. From what I recall you've had some bad run-ins with them in the past. It is 100% not worth taking nature into our own hands. I would really be careful.

Hey Jen. Long time.
Yeh you are right. I'm not taking any at the mo or fir a long time. Vitex for a few weeks but stopped that. Only maca now and fennel tea. While it's not a herb per say I realise maca acts on hormones but I figured more in a positive way (hope like hell....)....

I agree with Jen if it doesn't work out-- I mean you're already working on maca and fennel and because maca is adaptogen I don't think it will unbalance you or anything. As long as you take it slow, you should be good Smile allow your body to adjust ^_^ How did that coconut maca drink work out for you Ella?

(24-04-2016, 04:48 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(24-04-2016, 08:10 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  

Hey Jen. Long time.

I agree with Jen if it doesn't work out-- I mean you're already working on maca and fennel and because maca is adaptogen I don't think it will unbalance you or anything. As long as you take it slow, you should be good Smile allow your body to adjust ^_^ How did that coconut maca drink work out for you Ella?

Yeh and macas a good yeh so not a herb persay, but i see her point, and maca does influence hormones, but i think it works on my adrenals as i feel calmer on it.

The drink.... It wasnt good MissB. I ended up with tummy pains etc for the rest of the day. I had to go out with friends too so it wasnt easy. Then there was only junk food at the party so i had a wee bit then ended up getting more junk on the way home cause it was soo late. Thing is once you start to kill off this bacteria then you go "hey bacteria im feeling irresponsible so heres some sugar to help you build back up again!"... You get my point. So yeh. No more sugar at all, little bit of fruit but thats it..

How was your body before ever getting involved in NBE? I just know that increased estrogen is how cancer thrives. Fennel is for estrogen, right? I think it's incredibly risky taking ANY herbs without an actual doctor being involved. When I took fennel many years ago I increased my estrogen so much that my hair started falling out and I got two estrogen marks on my face that are still there (look it up). When I took maca my period started 2 weeks early! Freaked me out. I've been herb free for years now and still growing!

(24-04-2016, 07:22 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  How was your body before ever getting involved in NBE? I just know that increased estrogen is how cancer thrives. Fennel is for estrogen, right? I think it's incredibly risky taking ANY herbs without an actual doctor being involved. When I took fennel many years ago I increased my estrogen so much that my hair started falling out and I got two estrogen marks on my face that are still there (look it up). When I took maca my period started 2 weeks early! Freaked me out. I've been herb free for years now and still growing!

Jen you are right! And yeh i was perfectly healthy before NBE with normal periods.
The only reason i take fennel tea is because of this gut disorder and fennel reduces gas and bloating. But with that said i didnt realise you took fennel initally too. I thought it was the PM and other herbs that hurt you. Hm yeh brings up the thought il question fennel when i see my naturopath yet. I had a couple of bloods done Jen that had my estrogen in the normal range but in a slightly higher ration to progesterone, but they were blood and therefore considered not as accurate.

Interesting so Maca messed you up too... Yeh i have my back up abit about maca. Im sure theres some interaction with ovarian cysts but when i tried to backtrack and find the research i couldnt.

(24-04-2016, 07:27 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(24-04-2016, 07:22 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  How was your body before ever getting involved in NBE? I just know that increased estrogen is how cancer thrives. Fennel is for estrogen, right? I think it's incredibly risky taking ANY herbs without an actual doctor being involved. When I took fennel many years ago I increased my estrogen so much that my hair started falling out and I got two estrogen marks on my face that are still there (look it up). When I took maca my period started 2 weeks early! Freaked me out. I've been herb free for years now and still growing!

Jen you are right! And yeh i was perfectly healthy before NBE with normal periods.
The only reason i take fennel is because of this gut disorder and fennel reduces gas and bloating. But with that said i didnt realise you took fennel initally too. I thought it was the PM and other herbs that hurt you. Hm yeh brings up the thought il question fennel when i see my naturopath yet. I had a couple of bloods done Jen that had my estrogen in the normal range but in a slightly higher ration to progesterone, but they were blood and therefore considered not as accurate.

Interesting so Maca messed you up too... Yeh i have my back up abit about maca. Im sure theres some interaction with ovarian cysts but when i tried to backtrack and find the research i couldnt.

I can't believe I forgot to write about it here but I just DID have a horrible hormonal-related issue. I got a non-cancerous tumor on my cervix!! This is something that is extremely rare in women under 40. When I looked up why someone my age may have gotten it, it said hormone-related. So there you have it. All my tampering with different herbs several years back most likely contributed to me having a polyp, bleeding every day and finally having it removed.

So you are you primarily food based now Jen? Or still noogling a little? Aside from the break you just mentioned?

The other thing Jen this gut this i have has disrupted everything. Im not absorbing nutrients, so while I've made my diet alot better i cant benefit from it until i heal my gut, so maybe i would have seen better improvements with my boobs had this not been the case. Its actually making me LOOSE weight..And as you know it goes from the boobs first.. Sad

(24-04-2016, 07:29 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  So you are you primarily food based now Jen? Or still noogling a little? Aside from the break you just mentioned?

The other thing Jen this gut this i have has disrupted everything. Im not absorbing nutrients, so while I've made my diet alot better i cant benefit from it until i heal my gut, so maybe i would have seen better improvements with my boobs had this not been the case. Its actually making me LOOSE weight..And as you know it goes from the boobs first.. Sad

There are other ways to heal the body than through hormone-related herbs. The more I learn the more I realize how extremely serious hormones are and something that you absolutely do now want to tamper with unless something is very wrong with your body. Even then, a doctor (prob not a naturopath) should get involved.

I still massage here and there and noogle. Trying to eat a lot of heavy foods and a ton of veggies! I have a nice garden going right now with a ton of greens.

(24-04-2016, 07:32 PM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  
(24-04-2016, 07:29 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  So you are you primarily food based now Jen? Or still noogling a little? Aside from the break you just mentioned?

There are other ways to heal the body than through hormone-related herbs. The more I learn the more I realize how extremely serious hormones are and something that you absolutely do now want to tamper with unless something is very wrong with your body. Even then, a doctor (prob not a naturopath) should get involved.

I still massage here and there and noogle. Trying to eat a lot of heavy foods and a ton of veggies! I have a nice garden going right now with a ton of greens.

Yeh ok your right.
This naturopath Im with is medical/naturopath. So shes the best of both worlds. She approved of the fennel tea but then even she nor I for matter know what my hormones are doing. But yeh I'l substitite the fennel for peppermint teas and chamomile etc. They are equally as good. The maca Im still on the fence about but I will definately look more into that. Thanks Jen xx

Ella if you were normal before NBE maybe if you decide to get off maca and fennel you should do a complete detox and stay away from herbs, maybe follow a plan like Jen's (or even mine, as I don't use herbs) (not counting maca) that will allow you to grow without disturbing your insides. Do you still use SB?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon