Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Edit: Implanon help and program listed.Have any of you went to an herbalist for help?

What does it contain?
Implanon NXT is a contraceptive implant preloaded in a disposable applicator. The implant contains 68 mg of the active substance etonogestrel. Etonogestrel is a synthetic female hormone resembling progesterone. A small amount of the hormone etonogestrel is continuously released into the bloodstream for three years. The rod itself is made of ethylene vinylacetate copolymer, a plastic that will not dissolve in the body. It also contains small amounts of barium sulfate (which renders it visible under X-ray) and magnesium stearate.

Some medicines may stop Implanon NXT from working properly. These include:

medicines for epilepsy (such as primidone, phenytoin, barbiturates, carbamazepine, oxycarbamazepine, topiramate, felbamate)
medicines for tuberculosis (e.g. rifampicin and rifabutin)
medicines for HIV infections (e.g. ritonavir, nelfinavir, nevirapine, efavirenz)
medicines for high blood pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs (bosentan)
medicines for other infectious disease (e.g. griseofulvin)
medicines for depressive moods (the herbal remedy containing St. John's wort).
Implanon NXT may also interfere with the working of other medicines; e.g. increase the activity of cyclosporin and decrease the effect of lamotrigine.

(01-04-2016, 01:04 PM)ALittleInsecure Wrote:  I did some research, but all I could find that was for sure to affect it was St. Johns Wort.

The implant works by stopping the release of an egg each month and also by thickening cervical mucus.
If you were to take herbs that can cause hormonal changed, these effects may be nullified.
Just be careful Smile

I asked my doctor about it today. I asked her if there were any plant based estrogens/herbs that could interfere, and she said no because there are people on estrogen that have the implanon. She has also given me an estrogen based BCP to stop my crazy period I got last month and that never interfered.

Thank you for the warning though! I've been getting lots of sensations anf my boobs are sensitive right now. That means their doing something right? Lol

(01-04-2016, 05:24 PM)ALittleInsecure Wrote:  Thank you for the warning though! I've been getting lots of sensations anf my boobs are sensitive right now. That means their doing something right? Lol

Ah ok, I just came off nexplanon myself and my hormones are going mental (probably a cause of my growth last month)
Sensitive boobs are a sign of growth.

Should I stop fenugreek during my period? I read it was a menstration producer or something. I just freaking started today right before my exam!

PS I'm starting to get excited! I've never been so happy about my boobs feeling weird! Lol

(01-04-2016, 07:06 PM)ALittleInsecure Wrote:  Should I stop fenugreek during my period? I read it was a menstration producer or something. I just freaking started today right before my exam!

PS I'm starting to get excited! I've never been so happy about my boobs feeling weird! Lol

I don't really know about herbs and stuff. If you go into the personal programs and find someone who uses herbs, (ellacraig knows quite a bit) they might be able to help.
Of course someone else in this section of the forum might come along and help Smile

Apparently saw palmetto is also a no no. Oops! Lol

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon