Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My poor nipple

My Poor nipple!
March 3 2007 at 3:02 PM
Myjourney (Login Myjourney)

Arg! I must have gotten some of my PM cream on my nipple...because this morning it looked like someone took a bite out of it on one side...it is the same color as my boob in that spot!!! sheesh.
Has this happened to anyone else? IS IT PERMANENT???? ;-O
Will the color return????
yikes!

Anonymous
(no login)
Re: My Poor nipple!
March 4 2007, 2:58 PM

Hey,

I never avoid my nipples when using mirifem cream (don't have time to massage for long)! Sometimes my nipples look a bit paler, I don't know how, but if I rub them they get their normal color back

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
Thanks
March 4 2007, 7:56 PM

For the input...the color isn't quite back yet, but that at least gives me some hope!

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
March 10 2007, 9:27 PM

Has your nipple color returned yet? I hope so!

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
not quite...
March 10 2007, 9:45 PM

There is still one spot that is pale! not sure what is up with it.

deborah
(Login forme2know)
ha ha ha ha ha
March 24 2007, 5:40 PM

lol how funny is this thread???

You know I have never had one woman (or man) that buys the mirifem or the st herb pm creams from me ever complain about this nipple lightening. I don't think it really is a big problem. I think that they put the warning on the product literature to cover their "a..." but I don't think there is significant lightening of the skin with these product.

Deborah

Anonymous
(Login sissy2345)
LOL?????
March 24 2007, 5:46 PM

It's not really funny to the person that it happened to. Instead of laughing, maybe it should be noted that it happened, and the cream could be the reason.

My Journey, has your nipple returned to normal yet? Did you accidently get it on there or did you not know to avoid it?

-- Sissy

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
It wasn't really funny...
March 25 2007, 10:31 PM

I was quite scared! I had started using the mirifem cream...and we had discussed this all on the thread about avoiding getting it on the nipples. I was very careful about avoiding them, and one day I must have been in a hurry, and got some on just part of my nipple...I didn't notice until later, when I took my bra off. There was still some cream their, kinda dried in my bra, and that part of the nipple had lost its color.
It is returning, slowly...and now I am using the St. Herb cream, and it does not say that i have to avoid the nipple, and I have not had the same issue with it, even when I have gotten the cream there.
Perhaps it is just me and my chemistry that reacted to the mirifem, I don't know, but I certainly wasn't happy about my nipple looking like a cookie with a bite taken out of it!!!! LOL!

jellyboobs
(Login jellyboobs)
EVE MEMBERS
hi my journey !!
March 25 2007, 11:34 PM

glad to hear your nipple is getting its colour back !!! Id be pretty upset if that happened to me too !!! heres to two ripe cherries !!!! love jellyDeee...

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
update...
March 28 2007, 3:27 PM

Well, I have noticed with the St herb cream, if I get it on my nipples it lightens them SLIGHTLY...and the color returns in a day or two. Nothing like that first time though!
Perhaps it is as I mentioned a body chemistry thing. I am fair skinned, but my nipples are medium to dark.

Melissa
(Login mama2fiveboys)
March 28 2007, 3:48 PM

MyJourney,I am so glad that you just updated, I was actually going to write and ask you about this. I didn't think you were using St. Herb when this happened to you. I have been using St. Herb for 11 days now, I have tried really hard to keep it off my areola's and nipples but it is extremely hard to massage and not accidently get it on there, when it does get on there I haven't noticed any lightening. I am wondering has anyone had lightening occur with the St. Herb? You are right it says no where ont the box or the bottle to avoid your nipples, I was just paranoid about it as I like the color of my areola's and don't want them to lighten any. I just can't seem to get in a good massage and avoid those areas.

Melissa

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
Melissa..
March 28 2007, 4:15 PM

Yeah, the total whiteout thing happened with the mirifem cream. Also it was like a big blob that kinda stayed on there all day in my bra.
I think perhaps the cream has a lightening effect on Me at least, and maybe gradual over time too, so I try to avoid my nipples, but it is really hard. Another lady here said that she massages, and then uses a baby wipe to wipe the nipples. I have been doing that, and it works well.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
meant to say
March 28 2007, 4:16 PM

I think the St herb cream also has a slight lightening effect on Me.

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
sensitive areas!
April 10 2007, 4:48 PM

I'm so glad I read this. I am just useing the soap right now and am having issues with my nipples as well. I must be sensitive to the chemicals in this soap as my nipples are red and itchy and sore. Hard to avoid these areas no matter what you're applying. I'm not usually sensitive to chemicals either. Interesting!
Cynthia

katherine
(Login BObabe)
My Poor nipple!
April 10 2007, 6:36 PM

Soap was doing quite a number on my nipples, they actually PEELED! Crazy! BUT I was leaving the soap on for overnight, so it's kinda my own fault! Since wiping off Nips (still leave on breasts for extended periods) they're not bugging me so much anymore. Smile

katherine

MFP
(Login MissFartyPants)
I hear ya! lol
April 10 2007, 7:14 PM

I got some skin peeling on my boobies last night too coz I was leaving it over night. Hmmmm..

Deborah
(Login forme2know)
Sorry if I was Misunderstood ....re the nipple symptom.
April 11 2007, 4:02 AM

I really am sorry if I offended and one with my reaction - I didn't mean to underestimate or worse, discount the complaints. I actually am very interested in what the side effects are. The companies that sell this stuff don't divulge any negative side effects of using the product..I do know they recommend avoiding the nipple and certainly this is the reason. Along with unwanted lightening of the skin for some.

Please accept my apologies for the remark and know that I didn't mean to make light of this.

I find that I learn more about these product from reading the customers experiences than reading any company literature.

Deborah
(Login forme2know)
Peeling and soreness....
April 11 2007, 4:27 AM

Do any of you that have this reaction know for sure if it is the cream or the soap that is causing it. Anyone get this from just using the soap alone?

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
April 11 2007, 9:39 AM

My nipples get quite sore when lathering with Blossom-S soap. Quite surprising how sore, actually! Often my nipples will sting. This didn't happen the first few days I used the soap. After I wash it off it's fine. Still a bit tender, but no stinging.

I'm only using Blossom-s at this time, and Blossom-s is the only PM product I've tried so far. I'm not using any other topical for BE. I'm taking fennel extract internally but that's it for BE substances.

My nipples are lighter, too, but this is a new development. I've been using the soap twice daily for over a week and leaving it on for a long time (1 hour at least and sometimes overnight). Now I will be more careful about wiping off my nipples.

I was told that because all soaps contain lye, leaving them on the skin for long periods can cause irritation. Funny how only my nipples get sore, though!

I've noticed a bit of peeling on my nipples, too.

katherine
(Login BObabe)
My poor nipple!
April 11 2007, 1:02 PM

Deborah, No worries. I'm the kind of person that laughs when someone trips> I'll be Asking how they are at the same time and am really concerned, Just can't help that knee jerk response to anything with the appearance of slap stick. I ama bad person Smile

This is all new, so it's hard to know through type what is said with a lilt in the voice or with a shake in it.

Yes, my nipples both peeled, but I also wasn't following the directions in that I CHOSE to leave this product on for long periods of time. It is interesting that this is becoming a more common response. Not altogether surprising in that it is a SOAP and marketed as such, and ALL other PM topicals recommend avoiding the nipples. My Nip problems have looked after themselves since making sure to wipe them witha damp cloth before letting the rest of my breast enjoy extended benefits of the product. I hope the others using this experience similar remedying of this situation...it's not fun while it's happening!

It might be a good idea to add the same nipple caution on the soap as the other topicals include? Shouldn't be off- putting as this is a common direction? that would be my suggestion. This has in NO way turned me off of the soap, and I look forward to using it for a good long timeSmile

Thanks for your concern, Deb, and trial & error is nothing new to most of us here.

katherine

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
Nips ouch!
April 11 2007, 3:38 PM

I, too, have had very sore, itchy nipples, and I have only used the soap for 1 week, I don't leave it on for extended periods of time, only for 3 to 5 minutes and I use it twice a day. I have tough skin and hardly ever have any skin sensitivities, but the soap has done me in. I found a way to protect them by applying Desitin (diaper rash cream) to them prior to washing them with the soap. It coats, is waterproof and protects them from any further burning, peeling, or soreness. I also used vaseline to remove the desitin, and Eucerin to moisturize them. All of which are for sensitive baby skin, have no perfumes or dyes in them, and are very soothing. Seems like quite a regimen, but worth every minute invested. So far so good, it worked for me. The long and short of it is that the soap and I have become good friends again... :o)

Deb, I like Katherine, as well as a lot of woman I'm sure, can't be around anyone who falls, trips or even bumps themselves, because as tears are falling down my face from laughter, I'm picking the poor thing up off the floor, and probably dialing 911 in the process. Weird!

It is very difficult to know someone's true feeling or intention through words vaguely written, and even if taken in the wrong sense, it's usually due to a lack of information on either part, so I'll bet you we all do or say things that we'd like to take back or apologize for at one time or another. I know I certainly have. :o)

Cynthia

Fennel Fairy
(no login)
RINSE!!!
April 11 2007, 5:26 PM

In order to make hard soap lather, lye is added to the formula. All soap bars contain lye no matter how many oils and nourishing substances they have in them. NEVER leave soap on your skin for hours on end, or over night. It completely dries the skin out and causes irritation. Soap is a cleaning product. It is meant to be rinsed off. If you want something that doesn't need rinsing - get a cream to use after the soap.

Shay
(Login missneon)
Lightened nipples?,..yep same here
April 11 2007, 10:28 PM

I just got my pueraria cream in the mail this week...at least 3 months later and it leaked at the lid! I shrugged it off and started using it anyway. I've been using it for about a week and yes it deff. has lightened my nipples (alot) but this doesn't bother me because I go tanning and my nipples got really dark. lol
I don't think i'm speaking too soon when I say this but..holy cow my boobs are deff. fuller!! I can fill out my 34a bras finally! I've been applying more cream to my left boob since it's always been the smaller one and I woke up one morning with it slightly bigger than my right! Thats NEVER happened and i'm not near my period so I don't know if I should be jumpin' for joy over here or what. I mean jeez my left boob was coming outta my bra!(no I didn't gain any weight this week lol) Plus! I have some cuts on my chest from my dog and they're healing much faster and my skin is so much smoother/soft! I have very sensitive skin and I usually react to products quickly. I get really bad allergic reactions easily to soaps, shampoos, some hair dye, perfume, and so on. I'm actually shocked I didn't get a rash from this.

I know it seems I just came outta no where on this form but I've been around for a long time just watching and gathering info for about 2 years at least.

So hi everyone you can call me Shay!
I'm 19 years old goin' on 20 this Oct and I've been trying NBE for wow..now that I think of it, 4 years. I'm 5'6'',I weight 116, and yes I hate having tiny boobs too. lol and yes I got conned into those comcerial breast enhancement pills (vanity) I was 16 lol. (now you know I'm not sellin' anything lol)

I just thought I should add my 2 cents into the pile which has added up to be alot over the few years here!

Cheers, to growing boobies!

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
April 11 2007, 10:47 PM

Hi Shay!

That's great! Which cream are you using? Brand, etc?

rain20
(no login)
my poor nipples
April 11 2007, 11:39 PM

I'm glad myjourney commented on this. I was afraid to mention the soap's affect on the nipples because everyone else seemed to really be having good results. But I have noticed drying to the nipples as well. I think it is caused from the lack of moisturizers in the soap. Using Vitamin E oil or other moisturizers have helped with the drying/cracking. I have not had any significant skin discoloration. Thanks for bringing this up.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
Deborah,
April 12 2007, 12:25 AM

I wasn't too offended... ;-)
I was a little shocked at your reaction though...just because at the time it was really scary...but now I look back on it and and it is kinda funny....
I'm just glad my husband didn't notice...the color returned before he did.

Other ladies...I am using the soap, and I only leave it on while I am in the shower or bath, where it is moist, because, after all it is soap. I have not noticed that it makes me itchy or stings my nipples, and I also use it on my face and body. I also have not noticed it lightening my nipples.

Update on the cream: I am using St Herb, and I have noticed that yes, it does lighten my nipples at least one shade, they have become more pink if I use it on my nipples, a few days in a row, so I will discontinue that, unless I feel like I want a change in appearance for fun!
I have not noticed irritation from the cream when used on my nipples.

Nipple desensitisation
June 2 2007 at 4:48 PM MFP (Login MissFartyPants)

Just wondering because my right nip is feeling a little less sensitive than my left. I use the St. Herb cream and soap and does not "protect" my nips when applying it.

Anyone notice or experience this?

snow
(no login)
Re: Nipple desensitisation
June 2 2007, 5:55 PM

Yes, I have also been using the stherb cream and the soap. I realize that my nipple gets extra sensitive especially during the time of ovulation. And normally it get a bit more sensitive than usual. I try to avoid the nipple area while putting on the cream, but with the soap, i cant avoid the nipple area. I thought it was just me. Looks like other people also experience this.

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
Nips!
June 3 2007, 3:16 AM

Yes, me too. I use both soap and cream. I try to protect the nipples, but I don't always have the time to. so after I am done with the soap and cream, I put on a mild cream like Eucerine. Other wise I'm afraid they are going to fall off, well, at least it feels that way..

I also noticed the skin on my chest is very dry, even after using the cream. I can actually see the difference, and I am not a dry person. It seems to be a very drying soap. Anyone else see this?

:o) Cyn

snow
(no login)
June 4 2007, 5:59 AM

yes, i forgot to mention how the first 2 wks my nipples were drying, like flaking a little. But now, after 1 month i don't get that anymore. But still a bit sensitive like how i described above.

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
June 5 2007, 2:06 PM

That's exactly what is happening to me too. I find that if I use the soap a lot, and I don't avoid the nipples, then I tend to itch, and dry, and they will turn red. A little cream, or moisturizer on them helps tremendously.
Cyn :o)

PM cream and nipples
August 26 2006 at 6:36 PM teardropDs (no login)

Does any1 know why we are suposed to avoid the nipple area when massaging with Pm cream, It just occured to me that i tend to find it pretty impossible to do a thourough massage without getting any on my nips.. Im now wondering if something weird is gonna happen to them, advice please!!

happy growing(*)(*)

faerycat
(Login faerycat)
Re: PM cream and nipples
August 26 2006, 6:47 PM

From what I can remember, it turns the nipples white.....yucko!! Better to try and avoid rubbing it there if you can.

Love

=^_^= x

ash
(no login)
August 26 2006, 8:22 PM

yeah i heard if faded the colour of your nipples. I have to agree tho its pretty hard to avoid them when massaging. lol. i use coco butter and vit e, I'm a bit scared to use pm cream especially as i'm not always careful when time is short

teardropDs
(no login)
August 28 2006, 11:29 AM

thanks girlw i will be a lttle m0re careful then!

Sam
(no login)
August 30 2006, 9:04 PM

When I got cream on my nipples they seemed very sensitive to it.

Anonymous
(Login rkai93)
August 30 2006, 10:26 PM

i've been jsut wiping the cream off my nipples with a babywipe after my massage
that way - i don't have to wrry about getting it on them

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon