Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Headaches

Headaches?
February 12 2007 at 2:03 AM
Myjourney (Login Myjourney)

Has anyone experienced headaches with PM or other herbs for NBE?
Something I am taking is giving me headaches and I think it is the PM...and, it only happens when I take more than the recommended dosage, or I start it early in the day....

Judith
(no login)
Re: Headaches?
February 13 2007, 8:00 AM

I've tried many herbs for NBE and the only one that gave me a headache was PM.

Ash
(no login)
February 13 2007, 3:31 PM

Hi
I'm just 6 days into my 2nd cycle with PM ( second experiment with it) and for the past 3 days I have had an awful headache. I did get headaches last time too. I must admit my belly has already started to look bloated and I was so pleased it had got back to normal after my 1st PM experiment. I am seriously considering stopping PM and just carrying on with vitex. Vitex on its own made me feel really good no PMS, no bloating and regular periods.My 1st period after starting the PM was quite painful. I'm really dissappointed cos my boobs are looking quite full (not measuring any bigger). But I'm never gonna have really big boobs and a round belly looks awful with little boobs, I want my flat belly back.
xx

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
February 13 2007, 6:22 PM

I have been using PM serum for about a week now and for the past two days I've had a POUNDING headache. Not today though, not yet. That's interesting. I thought I might have been getting sick but I feel fine other than that.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
ash
February 13 2007, 8:05 PM

Are you using a cream or taking it internally???

Anonymous
(no login)
February 13 2007, 8:51 PM

Try drinking more water, some foods/herbs actually require more water for your body. One of many signs of not enough water is headaches.

jen
(Login jennifer1974)
headaches
February 14 2007, 1:02 AM

PM has been giving me headaches, too. I think I might stop it and start taking Vitex. I have a friend who is really into herbal remedies, and she thinks very highly of Vitex but has never heard of PM, so she couldn't say anything about that.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
headaches
February 14 2007, 3:59 AM

Well, I lowered my dose the last two days and no more headaches. So, I guess it is one product that you should not take more than directed. I suppose with me it is just the adjusting of hormones. I am particularly sensitive to every little thing my body is doing. I am also taking it internally, so perhaps I would do better using the cream. When my oral stuff is gone I will switch to the cream. That way I can just put it on my breasts. I have noticed a bit of weight gain in other areas, butt, gut, the butt I don't mind, but I don't need extra on my tum.
I do think it boosts the action of the herbs I am taking, or synergizes with them...or what ever.

Thanks also for the water suggestions...I live in a dry area...and always need to drink more than I think.

Fennel Fairy
(Login fennelfairy)
February 14 2007, 7:14 AM

If a hormonal product (Like Pueraria Mirifica) is causing headaches, I think it is a reason to be careful. Absolutely DON'T take more than the recommended dose!

I know that on the birth control pills it says clearly that if extreme headaches or pain in the calf occurs, to immediately see a doctor. Estrogen can cause bloodclots anywhere in the body, often in the calf or brain.

Never overdose a hormonal product. Big boobs are not worth more than life.

Ash
(no login)
February 14 2007, 12:50 PM

Hi I'm taking PM internally. I got mine from PM uk and they are strong. Your supposed to take 2x 500mg per day for 14 days then 14 days off. Wondering if 1000mg per day is a bit too much. i took my PM this morning but am seriously considering just the vitex on its own. I just dont feel happy with a bloated belly.
xx

deborah
(Login forme2know)
PM Dosage and Source
March 11 2007, 7:23 AM

I know quite a lot about the PM and I personally think that the 500mg dose is too high. The clinical trials done in Thailand Universities used a maximum dose of 800mg. Pueraria is a very very potent phytoestrogen and it is also bioidentical to human estradiol. Using more than is needed might the cause side effects that the others on the forum are talking about.

Additionally, it is a waste of money to use more than what is needed. And "good quality" PM is not cheap. There are many cheap varieties on the market. The problem I have with Pueraria UK products are that they do not indicate on their product information "where" the pueraria is grown or if it is even the "selected species" cultivar that is known to be the best for breast enhancement. The Pueraria UK Product doesn't tell you if it is wild grown or cultivated Pueraria and that is highly significant. There are many many sources for the cheaper wild grown pueraria mirifica and most the products on the market use the cheaper wild grown plants.

These are all things to consider when buying Pueraria. I feel confident in my information as I have conferred with one of the leading authorities on Pueraria. I personally know the only importer of the raw material Pueraria to the USA and he has consulted with the scientists in Thailand that did the original testing and research. I would not take any product that does not state specifically and validate with HPLC testing that the Pueraria is of the cultivated variety that ONLY grows on the organic farms in Northern Thailand.

Deborah

Thanks for that information Deborah. That's really helpful. I do sometimes get headaches. It must be like buying a bottle of cheap liquor. That equals hangover. The purer the liquor the easier the next morning. Purer the puerifica, the easier it is on the brain.Big Grin

headache
October 7 2007 at 4:05 AM amy (Login shamyrock77)

well i got my pm (full potential)2 days after my period started ,took it for 2 days but stopped because am soo tired and got a headache that wont go away.

What causes this?

am not gonna take anymore until i get started on pc this month then probly try next cycle.

Fujiapple
(Login Fujiapple)
* * too much estrogen caused you headache...* *
October 8 2007, 5:22 PM

Hi, amy:

Full Potential contains PM which is much stonger phytoestrogen compared herbs like FG, RC or Fennel...and too much estrogen caused you a headache!!!

I always have a bad mirgraine be4 my period coz the level estrogen is high even plus I'm on FP however it won't last 2-3 days.

If you're going to continue FP in your next period, my suggestion to you is taking 1 pill a day for a week then increase to 2 pills a day if you feel OK.

Happy Boobie Growing

daisyflower
(Login daisyflower)
RE: headache
October 11 2007, 12:55 AM

oh is that the reason for the headaches? i've been taking st herb's pm and had really really bad cramps and a headache the first day of my period. i felt so horrible that day...

Amelia
(Login Amelia)
RE: headache
October 14 2007, 11:41 PM

Yes too much estrogen caused your headache. Unfortunately this is common with PM.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon