Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New Here--SO HAPPY to have found this page!

(14-04-2016, 09:15 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(14-04-2016, 08:05 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(14-04-2016, 05:01 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  People may disagree but I think organic kelp which has been caesium tested and cleared is a better option.

The problems with each way is that with kelp or other food sources for iodine you can't be 100% sure how much iodine you're actually getting, even if it makes claims that the iodine content has been standardized by combining LOTS of material together, it'll still vary a bit batch to batch. With a straight iodine supplement, however, the problem is that you're getting too much all at once without the benefit of slowed absorption through food.

There are two potential things you can do. First, you can use food sources and just hope it all balances in the end, or you can use a supplement but instead of taking it as suggested, put it in some food or drink to slow down absorption rate. If you put a days worth of iodine into a days worth of water, you'll avoid both potential pitfalls.

Actually I have Transdermal iodine. You roll a 2cm patch on your body somewhere and depending on how quick it takes to dissolve indicates your deficiency. You keep rolling it on until you reach the point it stays on for 24 hrs then your stores are good. It's a lugols formular. Problem IS though the sellers swore it's completely safe etc but when I kept pushing really a bromide detox reaction they changed their tunes then sent me info on how I need to take magnesium selenium sea salt etc alongside supplementation. Here in lies the problem. We aren't properly educated on how to use iodine properly. I can say I really think it does a number on me. Subsequently ACTUAL logo's is illegal over here namely because peeps weren't using it properly and had bad reactions.

I'm amazed at how much research and dedication goes into NBE, no wonder it is a slow process. I am definitely glad I found this page, so many informed members. I don't think I would be able to figure this out on my own. Well, maybe I would but with lots of messing up.
Thanks ladies!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon