Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Veins

Hey everyone, is it normal for veins in the breast to pop out a little during massage? I've noticed it a couple of times and wanted to make sure it's not a problem.

I don't massage but I do know a thing or two about the circulatory system.

Some slight raising of veins should be expected, just like any time you exercise and is nothing to worry about but if it happens consistently when you massage or the veins swell substantially (sorry, i can't find a suitable picture to show what i mean by that) then it may be a symptom of a larger problem.

If the veins go down within an hour or so and if they only hurt a little to touch (or not at all) then you are massaging too aggressively and are cutting off the veins that drain blood from the breasts. This is nothing really to worry about but you might want to try taking it a bit easier on the rotations (as large circular rotations may pinch these veins and cause this)

If the veins take longer than an hour or so or if they are painful to touch or press down on then there is something more serious going on. There are four main reasons for this:
-Severe trauma, surgery or a serious infection to the chest or torso may have reduced your circulatory function in the area.
-you have a subclavian vein obstruction or thrombosis in the chest
-you may have a disease called Mondor’s disease
-you may have some form of breast cancer.
In any of these cases I would implore you to see a doctor.

That all seems rather heavy but to reiterate: Some form of swelling of veins is not unusual and as long as it is temporary and not painful then there is NOTHING to worry about (other than perhaps easing up your schedule).

I hope this hasn't been too terrifying and has helped Smile

(18-04-2016, 06:19 AM)LyraL Wrote:  I don't massage but I do know a thing or two about the circulatory system.

Some slight raising of veins should be expected, just like any time you exercise and is nothing to worry about but if it happens consistently when you massage or the veins swell substantially (sorry, i can't find a suitable picture to show what i mean by that) then it may be a symptom of a larger problem.

If the veins go down within an hour or so and if they only hurt a little to touch (or not at all) then you are massaging too aggressively and are cutting off the veins that drain blood from the breasts. This is nothing really to worry about but you might want to try taking it a bit easier on the rotations (as large circular rotations may pinch these veins and cause this)

If the veins take longer than an hour or so or if they are painful to touch or press down on then there is something more serious going on. There are four main reasons for this:
-Severe trauma, surgery or a serious infection to the chest or torso may have reduced your circulatory function in the area.
-you have a subclavian vein obstruction or thrombosis in the chest
-you may have a disease called Mondor’s disease
-you may have some form of breast cancer.
In any of these cases I would implore you to see a doctor.

That all seems rather heavy but to reiterate: Some form of swelling of veins is not unusual and as long as it is temporary and not painful then there is NOTHING to worry about (other than perhaps easing up your schedule).

I hope this hasn't been too terrifying and has helped Smile

there's no pain and it goes down after about 10 mins. I am not using much pressure at all, I just notice towards the end of massaging one vein on each breast stands out a little when hands pass over the tops of the breasts

(18-04-2016, 12:25 PM)Katana Wrote:  there's no pain and it goes down after about 10 mins. I am not using much pressure at all, I just notice towards the end of massaging one vein on each breast stands out a little when hands pass over the tops of the breasts

Yep, that's fairly common and totally safe.

I notice veins too, I think its a good thing because its promoting blood flow through the breast-- it is one of the reasons massage causes breast growth Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon