Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone affects estrogen receptors

I might have posted this site before, but the author at ProgesteroneTherapy.com points out that progesterone below a certain threshold actually upregulates e receptors. Low doses, maybe less than 100 mg per day.

the site author is an advocate of high dose progesterone (much higher than is recommended on most progesterone creams, more than 100 mg sometimes) to actually downregulate estrogen receptors to reduce symptoms of estrogen dominance, and most of the people reporting in there mention good things about it all over the website

http://www.progesteronetherapy.com/how-d...nance.html

The author also explains that progesterone does not accumulate and the progesterone receptors don't exactly downregulate with bioidentical progesterone. not confusing progesterone with the artificial progestins. I think this contradicts a lot of the ideas still held here at the forum, at least from what I see in the older posts which is understandable since few of us knows as much about progesterone as we should. I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of the science myself Tongue

So i guess my question is, what does this mean for NBE? what does it also mean for estrogen dominance in women who have it? can a balance be found between the two?

I imagine you want to upregulate E to some degree for proper breast growth, but this is bad for those with e dominance. however low dose progesterone to upregulate e receptors might be great for people who have low estrogen and little response to estrogenic herbs.

commenting so I can find this again Tongue I would love a conversation on this-- its a great question. I am going to take your advice ^_^ I'll be following up on this!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon