Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I've not even taken a full day's serving of maca and holy crap!

My period went crazy! It went from light to heavy over night. Do I quit taking it or not? I also read somewhere it promotes ovulation. Is that true? Will it override my birth control??

This is not normal for me. They normally are always light the whole way through. It was light this time for 4 days, now bam! :/

perhaps a lower dose?

I only had one capsule last night and one this morning, the bottle said 3 a day. Lol

I can't say I know much about maca but if it's causing this much distress I'd stop taking it for now at least. Hopefully someone who knows more about maca can chime in eventually to help you use it in a way that won't cause this distress again in the future, but if not, well, you've discovered something you can't use... Sad

(22-04-2016, 10:53 PM)ALittleInsecure Wrote:  I only had one capsule last night and one this morning, the bottle said 3 a day. Lol
you might be super sensitive. It happens. First and second time I upped maca from one pill to two I had episodes of racing heart, enough to make me think I was having a heart attack. Wasn't pleasant.

Wow. Yah, herbs are often underestimated. I couldn't even take a micro-dose of some of the "NBE" herbs. They just sent my body into crazyness. Good of you to listen to your body, though.

sounds like it might have upped your estrogen, that's weird but everyone's body is different. Maca is an adaptogen which means it balances hormones-- your hormones could have been balanced already and adding more E might have upset your balance.. or it could be an initial reaction and your body needs time to get used to it.

High chances are though your body doesn't need whatever maca has to offer. People who have issues with their cycle, progesterone, estrogen, their hormones, their energy and lack of nutrition/amino acids can benefit greatly from maca.

You could stop it or keep going to see if it levels your body out, I don't think break through bleeding / early period is anything to be worried about as long as you're not hemorrhaging. It happens with BC and stuff. Ride it out or let it go, it's up to you. I think you should check your hormones before you use any herb though.

I stopped after that day. I suppose it's possible it was a fluke, but I wasn't about to keep taking it at the time to find out. I'm going to try PM, I took a dose last week and that didn't happen, so going to give it a real try starting tonight.

(06-06-2016, 07:11 PM)ALittleInsecure Wrote:  I stopped after that day. I suppose it's possible it was a fluke, but I wasn't about to keep taking it at the time to find out. I'm going to try PM, I took a dose last week and that didn't happen, so going to give it a real try starting tonight.

make sure to cycle your herbs! Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon