Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

3000 mg of Pueraria Mirifica for a female?

(26-04-2016, 09:59 AM)Cherry Wrote:  
(26-04-2016, 03:32 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  What's your BCP? I've never heard of ANY BCP that contains even a smidgen of actual progesterone, they are all either estrogen and progestin or progestin only. Progestin is a synthetic hormone that actually doesn't act much like progesterone at all, even though it binds to some of the same receptors.

It's a brand called Gestinyl.
It contains ethinylestradiol and gestodene. It took some time to find good information but you seem to be right, I found a site that says this:
"Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic version of oestrogen and gestodene is a 'third generation' synthetic form of progesterone." I first looked up on finnish sites and they just claimed it as progesterone so I had to switch to english ones to find more info on it. I also found this information:
"In biological test systems, such as the Clauberg test or Kauffman test, gestodene has proved to be a very effective progestogen. Among nortestosterone derivates it is one of the most potent and resembles progesterone biologically in its progestogenic effects. This biologically identical gestagenic activity of gestodene and progesterone is reflected by a very similar behaviour in vitro in terms of binding to progesterone receptors of human uterus cytosol."
I must admit I didn't understand everything because english is not my first language and the terms are too scientific for me but from what I understood it seems to be potent in mimicking the natural progesterone?

That's what it's basically saying, yes. I'll see if I can't find more information for you later if you'd like.

(26-04-2016, 04:33 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(26-04-2016, 09:59 AM)Cherry Wrote:  
(26-04-2016, 03:32 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  What's your BCP? I've never heard of ANY BCP that contains even a smidgen of actual progesterone, they are all either estrogen and progestin or progestin only. Progestin is a synthetic hormone that actually doesn't act much like progesterone at all, even though it binds to some of the same receptors.

It's a brand called Gestinyl.
It contains ethinylestradiol and gestodene. It took some time to find good information but you seem to be right, I found a site that says this:
"Ethinylestradiol is a synthetic version of oestrogen and gestodene is a 'third generation' synthetic form of progesterone." I first looked up on finnish sites and they just claimed it as progesterone so I had to switch to english ones to find more info on it. I also found this information:
"In biological test systems, such as the Clauberg test or Kauffman test, gestodene has proved to be a very effective progestogen. Among nortestosterone derivates it is one of the most potent and resembles progesterone biologically in its progestogenic effects. This biologically identical gestagenic activity of gestodene and progesterone is reflected by a very similar behaviour in vitro in terms of binding to progesterone receptors of human uterus cytosol."
I must admit I didn't understand everything because english is not my first language and the terms are too scientific for me but from what I understood it seems to be potent in mimicking the natural progesterone?

That's what it's basically saying, yes. I'll see if I can't find more information for you later if you'd like.

Good to know I understood right.
That's so nice of you but I think that's enough information for me now, I don't think there'll be a high risk of estrogen dominance since I'll be taking a lot smaller dose from now on. If I get any signs of it or side effects then I'll stop Smile

I'm using topical pm from day 5-13 and what I learned is that the less the better when it comes to PM. I used to apply it as directed twice a day from day 5-13 and it would occasionally give me headaches and in one of cycles I spotted but more like one spot midcycle to be honest. I've recently changed it to only once a day from day 5-12 and I grew even faster, headache free and spot free. I also balance it by taking vitex throughout. So pm is great for boob growth but in very little dosage for a short period of time depending on your follicle phase. There's a lot of people on here that grew beautifully with PM and they were all taking no more than 500mg the first half of their cycle or much less.
Good luck!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon