Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Has anyone had red bumps when using flaxseed oil??

I've been using organic flaxseed oil for massage for about two or three weeks now and have started getting small red bumps (almost like heat rash). Has anyone else had this problem with flax oil?

(04-05-2016, 04:22 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  I've been using organic flaxseed oil for massage for about two or three weeks now and have started getting small red bumps (almost like heat rash). Has anyone else had this problem with flax oil?

I did! They went away pretty quick for me. Lasted about a week or so, maybe two and then disappeared and haven't returned. I wouldn't worry! Smile

(10-05-2016, 10:55 PM)CaisealUchta Wrote:  
(04-05-2016, 04:22 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  I've been using organic flaxseed oil for massage for about two or three weeks now and have started getting small red bumps (almost like heat rash). Has anyone else had this problem with flax oil?

I did! They went away pretty quick for me. Lasted about a week or so, maybe two and then disappeared and haven't returned. I wouldn't worry! Smile

Thanks for the reply, CaisealUchta! I've kept using it and the bumps are going away, so I guess we've had the same experience. Go figure! Smile

(11-05-2016, 01:44 AM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  
(10-05-2016, 10:55 PM)CaisealUchta Wrote:  

Thanks for the reply, CaisealUchta! I've kept using it and the bumps are going away, so I guess we've had the same experience. Go figure! Smile

Yeah I'm not sure what it is lol. Maybe some kind of minor allergic reaction?

I was using flax oil for massage and got cysts. I thought they were pimples but they were larger. I read up on flax here on Breast Nexus and discovered flax flushes free Estrogen from the body. Up until that point my progress was not good. So I stopped using flax and my progress improved.

(13-05-2016, 04:13 PM)BillyBoy_Delano Wrote:  I was using flax oil for massage and got cysts. I thought they were pimples but they were larger. I read up on flax here on Breast Nexus and discovered flax flushes free Estrogen from the body. Up until that point my progress was not good. So I stopped using flax and my progress improved.

Oh that's really interesting! I thought flax was supposed to be good for massage?

(13-05-2016, 04:13 PM)BillyBoy_Delano Wrote:  I was using flax oil for massage and got cysts. I thought they were pimples but they were larger. I read up on flax here on Breast Nexus and discovered flax flushes free Estrogen from the body. Up until that point my progress was not good. So I stopped using flax and my progress improved.

"Flushes free estrogen from the body" - does that mean any that is not locked into receptors goes away? Or does it actually prevent estrogen from locking in? I understand that it is a weaker phytoestrogen, so it may be counter productive to use it and a stronger one simultaneously because it may fill the receptors instead of the stronger estrogen, but, like Caiseal, I thought flax was a good massage medium, especially in the absence of other estrogen therapies...

So much to learn!

Xo, Soli

Hi NaturalLady!

I never got red bumps when using flaxseed oil as a massage/Noogle medium, but then I used it for a very short period of time. Perhaps the thicker oil clogged your pores? If you haven't tried gently exfoliating the area, give that a shot (unless it's painful).

Also, Sweets93 had a red bump problem as well. I'll see if I can find the thread...

Xo, Soli

(13-05-2016, 07:19 PM)Soledad46 Wrote:  

Hi NaturalLady!

I never got red bumps when using flaxseed oil as a massage/Noogle medium, but then I used it for a very short period of time. Perhaps the thicker oil clogged your pores? If you haven't tried gently exfoliating the area, give that a shot (unless it's painful).

Also, Sweets93 had a red bump problem as well. I'll see if I can find the thread...

Xo, Soli

Thanks for the replies! Yep, I've been exfoliating so I don't think it was a pore issue.. I've gone back and forth with the flax oil since my last post and I think maybe it is causing the problem because the bumps come back again after a few consecutive days of usage Dodgy Anyway, I'll stick with coconut oil and/or cocoa butter for now.

Flushing estrogens is a good thing, the longer it (estrogens) stays in the system the more harm it can do. Although I do see flaxseed inhibiting aromatase for some, it's still helpful for eliminating estrogen dominance. Flaxseed helps to eliminate a harmful estrogen metabolite known as 16a-OH (16a-hydroxy-estrone).

Flaxseed (lignans) anti-estrogenic
http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=20403

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon