Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why this is the ONLY Maca you should be taking!

I've been taking Lepidium Meyenii for years and you guys have seen what it's done for me.. There's no way that was a placebo effect. I've tried many herbs before Lepidium Meyenii and none has worked. Soo I wouldn't be too hung over this, but that's just me. But it's still interesting. I wouldn't go and spend 40$ extra on it though.

(08-05-2016, 01:52 AM)missboobshirt Wrote:  I've been taking Lepidium Meyenii for years and you guys have seen what it's done for me.. There's no way that was a placebo effect. I've tried many herbs before Lepidium Meyenii and none has worked. Soo I wouldn't be too hung over this, but that's just me. But it's still interesting. I wouldn't go and spend 40$ extra on it though.

Crap wish I hadn't seen thatSad

(08-05-2016, 01:52 AM)missboobshirt Wrote:  I've been taking Lepidium Meyenii for years and you guys have seen what it's done for me.. There's no way that was a placebo effect. I've tried many herbs before Lepidium Meyenii and none has worked. Soo I wouldn't be too hung over this, but that's just me. But it's still interesting. I wouldn't go and spend 40$ extra on it though.

Crap wish I hadn't seen thatSad

I've gone nuts lately with spending. But I'm ok with trying this other maca after what I read. Some scientific study that went over my head but fir me personally I'm not seeing results with mine

(08-05-2016, 03:27 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  I've gone nuts lately with spending. But I'm ok with trying this other maca after what I read. Some scientific study that went over my head but fir me personally I'm not seeing results with mine

let me know if this one is different for you! I would love to see if there is a difference-- did you buy the femminesse one (spelling? lol) make sure it's 100% Lepidium peruvianum and that they didn't add anything extra into the mix.. a lot of times with these brands it wont be 100% pure, and maybe that is why it might re act differently.

How long have you been taking your Maca, btw? I didn't see results until after 3 months with consistency.

(08-05-2016, 03:16 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(08-05-2016, 03:27 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  I've gone nuts lately with spending. But I'm ok with trying this other maca after what I read. Some scientific study that went over my head but fir me personally I'm not seeing results with mine

let me know if this one is different for you! I would love to see if there is a difference-- did you buy the femminesse one (spelling? lol) make sure it's 100% Lepidium peruvianum and that they didn't add anything extra into the mix.. a lot of times with these brands it wont be 100% pure, and maybe that is why it might re act differently.

How long have you been taking your Maca, btw? I didn't see results until after 3 months with consistency.

It was "maca gold" butt it said its super strength which worries me, il get you the link.
Again you make a good point there's No WAY I'm close to three months, to be fair it's been three weeks BUT I need to take a break don't I???
I was thinking when my cycle starts take that week off?
http://www.healthpost.co.nz/maca-gold-ma...emp-g.html

However my cycles heading to being normal this time do you may be right the M type
Is still effective. The other thing as Abi kindly ointed out if this new maca gold is in fact raw I can't take it anyway Sad damn my impulsiveness.

I think this is in fact raw maca, but a superior blend at that

(08-05-2016, 07:59 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  It was "maca gold" butt it said its super strength which worries me, il get you the link.
Again you make a good point there's No WAY I'm close to three months, to be fair it's been three weeks BUT I need to take a break don't I???

However my cycles heading to being normal this time do you may be right the M type
Is still effective. The other thing as Abi kindly ointed out if this new maca gold is in fact raw I can't take it anyway Sad damn my impulsiveness.

I personally don't cycle maca, I never did-- I take it everyday, that's the beauty of an adaptogen Smile if you wanted to though, you could take a break. I took it everyday for years and then, recently, when i stopped all supplements for a week because of stress, I grew an inch on my boobies and my butt-- it got me out of my plateau but that was after taking it for a while-- I think it allowed my body to adjust to everything I was in taking and then stopping so abruptly reminded the receptors of what I am putting into my body. Lol. I wouldn't suggest stopping abruptly though, I was just stressed and forgot-- if you wanted to take a break I would ween off of it-- but you could take it as long as you like, as long as you're not over dosing on it.

Remember it takes a while for these herbs to work in our body-- you can't expect it over night.. I took maca for 3-5 months before I looked in the mirror and was like "woah, my body is back" lol maca and eating right really helped me, but you have to be patient with it ^_^

Yeah I actually talked to the people at my local vitamin store yesterday-- they looked it up in their system and said it's the same root, just a different name for it. Lepidium meyenii IS maca. Lepidium peruvianum is maca. i'm not going to sit here and state a fact, just what they told me.. so imo it's still just a synonym. I'll take my chances & not go go off of what one website says.

I know this is wiki but every place I keep researching says it's synonym. So as far as I am concerned, it's just a name.. I would think it's something different if I had taken Lepidium meyenii and haven't seen any results but that's not the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepidium_meyenii

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae
Phylum: Angiosperms
Class: Eudicots
Order: Brassicales
Family: Brassicaceae
Genus: Lepidium
Species: L. meyenii
Binomial name
Lepidium meyenii
Synonyms
Lepidium peruvianum

you can still take what you bought, just imo no reason to spend excess money, yano? also, i'm not sure if it is raw :/ usually it would state it on the site or the container.

maca guide.

(09-05-2016, 02:53 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  
(08-05-2016, 07:59 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  It was "maca gold" butt it said its super strength which worries me, il get you the link.

I personally don't cycle maca, I never did-- I take it everyday, that's the beauty of an adaptogen Smile if you wanted to though, you could take a break. I took it everyday for years and then, recently, when i stopped all supplements for a week because of stress, I grew an inch on my boobies and my butt-- it got me out of my plateau but that was after taking it for a while-- I think it allowed my body to adjust to everything I was in taking and then stopping so abruptly reminded the receptors of what I am putting into my body. Lol. I wouldn't suggest stopping abruptly though, I was just stressed and forgot-- if you wanted to take a break I would ween off of it-- but you could take it as long as you like, as long as you're not over dosing on it.

Remember it takes a while for these herbs to work in our body-- you can't expect it over night.. I took maca for 3-5 months before I looked in the mirror and was like "woah, my body is back" lol maca and eating right really helped me, but you have to be patient with it ^_^

Yeah I actually talked to the people at my local vitamin store yesterday-- they looked it up in their system and said it's the same root, just a different name for it. Lepidium meyenii IS maca. Lepidium peruvianum is maca. i'm not going to sit here and state a fact, just what they told me.. so imo it's still just a synonym. I'll take my chances & not go go off of what one website says.

I know this is wiki but every place I keep researching says it's synonym. So as far as I am concerned, it's just a name.. I would think it's something different if I had taken Lepidium meyenii and haven't seen any results but that's not the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepidium_meyenii

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae
Phylum: Angiosperms
Class: Eudicots
Order: Brassicales
Family: Brassicaceae
Genus: Lepidium
Species: L. meyenii
Binomial name
Lepidium meyenii
Synonyms
Lepidium peruvianum

you can still take what you bought, just imo no reason to spend excess money, yano? also, i'm not sure if it is raw :/ usually it would state it on the site or the container.

maca guide.

Yeh it arrives today so il let you know Smile
Yes to be fair the brand i brought i asked the manufaturer which type it was but they came back with its " 100% organic peruvian maca root" , il tell you what though you know me, i only buy or try to get the best of the best, with no additives and always organic and these guys are exceptional with quality so in hindsight i should have stuck with that, but i can mix it up maybe with the new stuff.

I take it M-F and skip the weekends.

Yeah I agree to not get too hung up over it. And neither have had a LOT of studies done on them so it's still possible to get results from either the meyenii or peruvanium!
I'm going to stick with my navitas Lepidium Meyenii for the next month and see how that goes with my periods since I have been a little e dom still. Maybe I'll try the femmenessence one after to see if there's a difference.
And that is also true - what I was thinking too -- to make sure that the fem brand is 100% maca root. I was also wondering if they added something else besides maca to the mix. I'll have to email the company and see.

EDIT: What brand do you use btw missboobshirt? I've seen your pics and there's definitely no denying you have had AMAZING results!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon