Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Dense breast tissue

Can anyone here tell me what dense tissue in the breasts mean? My boobs feel quite hard this is why I feel the mammogram was painful. I'm guessing if the breasts squeeze easily then a mammogram is maybe uncomforatble and not so painful.
I can't squeeze through my boobs, they feel too hard. sorry if this sounds a silly question. I'm a small C cup and finished my NBE three years ago going from an A cup.

Hi Laura, my mammogram shown i had dense tissue, it just means your tissue is packed in tighter and theres less fat tissue i think lol, it could be the reason it hurt you so much im not sure. But i was lactating when i had mine done, well that was the reason for having it, to check everything was ok, which it was thank god but as you can imagine i not only had the uncomfortable pain but i was also leaking everywhere lol not good. Good luck hun xxxx

Oh Cheryl,
I do feel for you. that must of been so uncomfortable and painful. I was terrified of my results as I have breast pain but more on the left boob which is the bigger of the two.lol . So maybe firm boobs are more painful in mammpgraphy. I will dread another, I cringe every time I remember my boobs being squeezed so tightly in those plates but then its to save life. I was so thankful for my good results last Friday. I wish I had of known you had one. Its so good to share this experience.
xx

Hi Laura, i have to say that getting a mammogram is not the best thing in the world but its something i will have to get use to now as i know how essential they are, and i know hun it is great getting the results and being all clear and you never know the next time may not be as bad for either of us, well i hope not lol. Good luck hun xxxx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon