Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I don't feel like I'm over pumping, but I get little red dots when I'm done.

How do I know I'm over pumping if it doesn't hurt or even feel uncomfortable? It's happening pretty much every time now.

(16-05-2016, 02:24 PM)ALittleInsecure Wrote:  How do I know I'm over pumping if it doesn't hurt or even feel uncomfortable? It's happening pretty much every time now.

Hi ALittle!

Without knowing your technique, it's hard to say. Do you pump and hold or pump and release?

The little red dots are burst capillaries, a result of the pressure. One thing you could start now is getting a little more Vitamin E into your system (avocados, wheat germ oil, or a trusted supplement - but ramp it up slowly). Vitamin E strengthens your blood vessels while also giving them maximum flexibility - it's a win-win.

Red dots most commonly appear after significant pressure, so if you don't feel any discomfort at all yet are still getting the red dots, it is likely that you are holding for an extended period of time. If you currently pump and hold, I suggest you try a pump and release technique. There are as many methods as there are people who pump!

A common one is is 7:2 method, where you pump and hold for 7 minutes, then release for 2 minutes. (This is evidently backed by medical science as well as the best way to grow new tissue.) Some bump it up to 10:5, 9:1, whatever blows your skirt up. Some massage during the release time (which is never a bad idea) others just feel the blood flow back into their boobs and then restart with the pumping.

I, personally, am relegated to a pump and release because my cups don't hold suction well due to how I use the tape. So I can get maximum pressure for literally just a few seconds before the slow release begins. I pump up every minute or so. Sounds like a pain, but it works for me - I'm seeing results, I have completely eliminated the instances of red dots or pressure blisters, and my rings fade rather quickly after even a 4 or 5 hour session.

After all this, if you are already using the pump and release technique and STILL getting red dots, then I definitely recommend the Vitamin E stat, and then do more releasing than pumping until your breasts become accustomed to the pressure. And massage during the release. You may even want to do a straight 2:2, 5:5 or 10:10 and massage to keep the blood flowing.

I hope something in here helps!

Xo, Soli

Thank you for the info! I currently pump and hold for 15-20 mins and be done. I massage before and after. I used to use coconut oil, but a week ago I switched to a vitamin E oil.

Sounds like you should just cut the pressure back a little... I've over pumped and there was bruising and blisters and bleeding... I get carried away on the pressure and the duration some times....

It's just so easy! I used less oil this last time, and it didn't happen this time. More oil must mean easier to over pump!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon