Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Personal Programs & Picture Pages

(17-05-2016, 11:43 PM)echapman Wrote:  I agree with the members only picture pages!

I don't know about the donation though unless there was a way to do it discreetly. A lot of us share accounts with spouses who we share bank accounts with. I don't really want my husband to know I post here.... Like he knows OF it, he just doesn't know what it's called. It would be awkward.

Lol, good point, this is true (@ awkward).

(17-05-2016, 11:49 PM)Katana Wrote:  
(17-05-2016, 11:40 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(17-05-2016, 11:10 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Great suggestings, we've also talked about having more perks available for BN members. I think it was flamesabers? that suggested a Silver or Gold level, or something similar. Though a membership fee (donation?, i.e. $1.00??) would get you into those areas of perks (possibly weed out spam and troll traffic, hopefully).

More input (help suggestions) please, Eve has the doors open for a rare discussion about changes to the program & picture
section..........Smile

Lotus, if you remember some of the conversations we had about a year ago, I suggested that we could use the ranking system that is currently in use.... To allow more perks, Members Only section above a certain level, which would or could include the more "intimate" pictures such as full body shots or what ever a member with enough rank or privilege would have.

I think the basic layout is good, but should and could be improved. I believe I even sent a few suggestions to Eve well over a year ago and CC'd you in on them.... But since I answer so many PM's for new member's and the friends I have made here, I had to delete all of them.

I think that's a great idea, although it can take some people a rather long time to reach 4 or 5 stars on the current system. But I like it, kind of like a loyalty thing, it's a good incentive for people to share their thoughts and ideas instead of just letting someone else answer even though they might have knowledge about something.

The ranking system as it relates to how many stars a member has motivates posting freaks for sure........Katana, it looks like your closing in on " posting freak status " Big Grin. For others that's less important, it's cool either, but input (new posts) are a welcome sight to see. Sometimes BN moves at a snail pace (idling lol), then wham!!, a flurry of traffic appears out of thin air and you've got 15 posts to read. Tongue

(18-05-2016, 12:11 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(17-05-2016, 11:49 PM)Katana Wrote:  
(17-05-2016, 11:40 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(17-05-2016, 11:10 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Great suggestings, we've also talked about having more perks available for BN members. I think it was flamesabers? that suggested a Silver or Gold level, or something similar. Though a membership fee (donation?, i.e. $1.00??) would get you into those areas of perks (possibly weed out spam and troll traffic, hopefully).

More input (help suggestions) please, Eve has the doors open for a rare discussion about changes to the program & picture
section..........Smile

Lotus, if you remember some of the conversations we had about a year ago, I suggested that we could use the ranking system that is currently in use.... To allow more perks, Members Only section above a certain level, which would or could include the more "intimate" pictures such as full body shots or what ever a member with enough rank or privilege would have.

I think the basic layout is good, but should and could be improved. I believe I even sent a few suggestions to Eve well over a year ago and CC'd you in on them.... But since I answer so many PM's for new member's and the friends I have made here, I had to delete all of them.

I think that's a great idea, although it can take some people a rather long time to reach 4 or 5 stars on the current system. But I like it, kind of like a loyalty thing, it's a good incentive for people to share their thoughts and ideas instead of just letting someone else answer even though they might have knowledge about something.

The ranking system as it relates to how many stars a member has motivates posting freaks for sure........Katana, it looks like your closing in on " posting freak status " Big Grin. For others that's less important, it's cool either, but input (new posts) are a welcome sight to see. Sometimes BN moves at a snail pace (idling lol), then wham!!, a flurry of traffic appears out of thin air and you've got 15 posts to read. Tongue

I thought posting freak was 5 stars, I have 3, although now I think about it does 4 stars even exist(i don't recall seeing a 4 star member(gosh that sounded wrong)), or does it just go straight from 3 to 5?
Lol i've noticed that tends to happen in the hours a normal person would be sleeping (in the UK anyhow) but I don't need much sleep 5-6 hours and I'm buzzing all day, (any less or more kills me lol) so am often up in the late night hours to read posts xD

750 posts = 5 stars...........lol, you might smash the record for reaching 750 posts in the shortest amount of time, (kidding, Tongue I have no idea what the record is).

Just some thoughts about the two sections in question. What does closing off any viewable info to the general public exactly mean?, for those who wish to read/find/see (some) results or get the inspiration they need to make informed decisions it might not exist. Something to think about.

Equally,......how does one feel about maintaining two threads (with redundant info and or questions).

(18-05-2016, 03:25 AM)Lotus Wrote:  750 posts = 5 stars...........lol, you might smash the record for reaching 750 posts in the shortest amount of time, (kidding, Tongue I have no idea what the record is).

Just some thoughts about the two sections in question. What does closing off any viewable info to the general public exactly mean?, for those who wish to read/find/see (some) results or get the inspiration they to need to make informed decisions it might not exist. Something to think about.

Equally,......how does one feel about maintaining two threads (with redundant info and or questions).

One big drawback on redundancy is Server Space and cost.

(18-05-2016, 05:13 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(18-05-2016, 03:25 AM)Lotus Wrote:  750 posts = 5 stars...........lol, you might smash the record for reaching 750 posts in the shortest amount of time, (kidding, Tongue I have no idea what the record is).

Just some thoughts about the two sections in question. What does closing off any viewable info to the general public exactly mean?, for those who wish to read/find/see (some) results or get the inspiration they to need to make informed decisions it might not exist. Something to think about.

One big drawback on redundancy is Server Space and cost.

I just had an idea.
Not sure if it's do-able or not.
We merge the two forums and when somebody posts a program thread they get an option to make it private or public with maybe the option to change this later from the user cp?
This would mean that private threads simply do not appear when a non member looks at the programs forum.

ooooh I'm liking all these ideas!

If it came down to the site costing a little more to run, maybe some of the more scienc-y people could put together a "Beginner's Guide" and people could have the option to purchase it. I think that could keep a lot of the same questions from getting asked over and over again too.

(18-05-2016, 05:51 PM)echapman Wrote:  ooooh I'm liking all these ideas!

If it came down to the site costing a little more to run, maybe some of the more scienc-y people could put together a "Beginner's Guide" and people could have the option to purchase it. I think that could keep a lot of the same questions from getting asked over and over again too.

Off topic, I think all threads saying "how do I get bigger breasts" (or similar) where its obvious they haven't even read a single thread on here should not be allowed. This would save a bit of space.
Just my opinion.

(18-05-2016, 06:20 PM)Katana Wrote:  

Off topic, I think all threads saying "how do I get bigger breasts" (or similar) where its obvious they haven't even read a single thread on here should not be allowed. This would save a bit of space.
Just my opinion.

Some of those are spam/trolls. The pattern is asking the same ridiculous question(s)—(usually in one sentence) over and over. The goal is to waste people's time and tie up space.

(18-05-2016, 07:02 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(18-05-2016, 06:20 PM)Katana Wrote:  

Just my opinion.

Some of those are spam/trolls. The pattern is asking the same ridiculous question(s)—(usually in one sentence) over and over. The goal is to waste people's time and tie up space.

Or pervs or lazy folks who think someone is going to tailor a program for them w/out working and researching.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon