Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anyone Cure Their Acne?

Rainbow 

Hi everyone! I have an IMPORTANT question: Blush

Has anyone cured their acne? I know it's a strange question, but I have mild to severe acne and I HATE IT. It's no help that I already have severe depression and self confidence issues... Sad

I'd love to hear any success stories anyone has to share. I know that everyone is different and one cure won't work for someone else, but I'd like to learn more and try to treat mine and go back to clear, beautiful skin I have not had since I was a little girl!

Thank you so much! Smile

I haven't yet started, but I'm wondering the same thing. I've never had acne before until it started a year ago... on my back and chest. I have no idea why.

I heard that PM is meant to help clear skin. So I'm trying to find the best PM brand to purchase and I'll see how I go from there. I'll report back to you if I notice any differences. And if you try anything, let me know how you go Shy

Imma keep an eye on this thread because I suffer from the same predicament. Sad
I tried tons of treatments over the years, but none of them ever made a difference. Proactiv, daily alcohol wiping, daily washing, toothpaste, baking soda paste, No!No!, oils, herbs and supplements, drinking only water, exfoliation...
Just so many...

My acne isn't as bad now as it was when I first got it 10 years ago, but that may just be because I'm slowly growing out of it from exiting puberty. But, I believe each thing I do now helps bit by bit. I do a combination of what's stated above (except Proactiv), but I'd like to improve my diet too because I eat fast/processed food everyday... I just wish I can find the ~one~ treatment that will end my acne once and for all!

Me! I had terrible cystic acne on my face for years. It started after I was already out of high school. I went and saw dermatologists who did nothing for me but make it worse when they wouldn't listen to the fact that I have sensitive skin. So I did a few things...

- stopped drinking milk and began eating more plant-based meals. I usually eat two vegan meals a day, one of which is "raw" (usually a smoothie with lots of greens). This has been one of the biggest factors to my skin clearing up. I ate more dairy than usual this week because it's been really stressful and I have a big fat zit above my eyebrow to prove it.

- started using all natural skincare. I use glo-therapeutics and yes it's expensive, but it's completely worth every penny to not deal with acne. I use the purifying cleanser, toner, oil free moisturizer, and the renew serum. Renew serum is definitely my #1 favorite. I have no breakouts when I use it every night or every other night.

- facials. I get a facial every 4 weeks... Not a very relaxing one, though. I get a lot of extractions and it has greatly helped my skin. Now I know that's not going to work for some people and I'm fortunate that I work in a salon so I get them for free if I have the time. Do facials at home if you can't go in and get one!

I had bad acne on my arms and back. I switched my shower soap to Neutrogena clarifying soap. It is known as acne wash. It comes with scrubbing beads or just liquid. Then for acne scars I used a genaric vitamin e cream. It took about a year to stop the acne and remove the scars.

lemon juice instead of soap and toners....for me its soap whats causing me acne...but then again it would be handy to know which sort off acne you have...i had blackheads and small bumps deep under the skin that never came out but just dissapeared in time. lemon juice and natural oils instead of creams and no foundation on my face did it all. And ofcourse diet...milk and pork meat are no go's for me. Further eating many fruits i think has contributed to my now forever clear skinBig Grin You could just be severely deficient in a certain or more vitamins...it will take time to restore that. For me it took at least 6 months.

I second that lemon juice is vantastico for the skin (make sure to mind sun exposure when using any kind of citrus or acid like apple cider vinegar). I used it to help get rid of the the scars too. I also wash with baking soda. Some people fight their acne with harsh things because they think they need stronger ingredients, but gentle cleansing can make a world of difference. Another thing that made a nice difference in my skin was moisturizing with just plain purified glycerine/water (more water, then slowly add glycerine to know how much you prefer because it can get sticky). Sometimes, the simpler the better. My kitchen- also my pharmacy! Good luck.

Just wanted to say that if anyone has cystic acne, go to your dermatologist. I've had acne basically my entire life, and had a long bout of cystic acne on every surface of my face that left permanent damage. Also, if the doctor offers to put you on Accutane, even if you don't have cystic acne, go for it. I wish I could be on Accutane my entire life. It was the best thing that ever happened to my skin.

Things that have helped my milder acne were basic cleansing and moisturizing, using a clay mask regularly, and taking a multivitamin.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon