Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hi Lotus please help, vitex question

Hi Girls,

I have learnt a lot over the years at attempting NBE and researching through the website:

I have mild PCOS (which was suggested by Lotus and that I got checked by the doctor - you were correct)
Im oestrogen dominant (low oestrogen even lower progesterone)
I have high cortisol
I need to reduce my sugar intake
I need to sleep more.

I started to address all these issues and what I benefited the most was agnus cactus.
My mood is more stable, I feel great, I have lost some weight mid section, I
have more energy. My breast even grew 1 inch by using it for 3 months while my goal wasn't breast growth but to reach hormone balance.

Gave me faith again in NBE

Now I want to up my game and add some oestrogen source. But since I am OD, I wanted to keep using Agnus cactus.

So my question is the following: Can I use Agnus cactus at the same time with lets say fenugreek and fennel liquid extract ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I wouldn't mess around with fennel let alone an extract...

Hey Ellacraig,

Why ?
I though the extract was the most potent form ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estragole
Safety[edit]
Production[edit]

Hundreds of tonnes of basil oil are produced annually by steam distillation of Ocimum basilicum (common basil). This oil is mainly estragole but also contains substantial amounts of linalool. Estragole is the primary constituent of essential oil of tarragon (comprising 60–75%), pine oil, turpentine, fennel, anise (2%[2]), Clausena anisata and Syzygium anisatum

Estragole is suspected to be carcinogenic and genotoxic, as is indicated by a report of the European Union, Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products.[3] Several studies have clearly established that the profiles of metabolism, metabolic activation, and covalent binding are dose dependent and that the relative importance diminishes markedly at low levels of exposure (i.e. these events are not linear with respect to dose). In particular, rodent studies show that these events are minimal probably in the dose range of 1–10 mg/kg body weight, which is approximately 100-1000 times the anticipated human exposure to this substance. For these reasons it is concluded that the present exposure to estragole resulting from consumption of herbal medicinal products (short time use in adults at recommended posology) does not pose a significant cancer risk. In the meantime exposure of estragole to sensitive groups such as young children, pregnant and breastfeeding women should be minimized.

The Scientific Committee on Food from the Health & Consumer Protection Directorate-General took a more concerned position and concluded that "Estragole has been demonstrated to be genotoxic and carcinogenic. Therefore the existence of a threshold cannot be assumed and the Committee could not establish a safe exposure limit. Consequently, reductions in exposure and restrictions in use levels are indicated."[4]

so imagine the potential for extract being carcinogenic or genotoxic

(25-05-2016, 09:37 PM)Neverloosehope Wrote:  Hey Ellacraig,

Why ?
I though the extract was the most potent form ?

Exactly! You know I never used to like WebMD and the likes but if you are worried re estrogen then a fennel extract might make it higher. There's always warnings re fennel and estrogen. I've learnt to heed these warnings now even if they do come from sources like WebMD who shit all over natural substances.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon