Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vitex, PM and Cycling

Information 

Hi all,

I'm new to NBE & this forum, so I'll give a little background on my situation (in case anyone is in the same boat) before proceeding. I'm 24y/o and my breasts have always been small (A or B cup) and wide spaced -- like a three finger gap in-between my breasts. Everyone else in my family is well endowed in the breast region lol. I am starting to suspect that my hormones are out of whack. Since my first menstruation I've always had excruciating period pain and despite numerous doctors visits I've found no cure. Recently, about a year ago I started developing acne on my back, chest and shoulders -- and to a lesser extent on my face. Is there anyone out here who is experiencing the same? Huh

So after doing a bit of research I'm hoping I can fix all three of my "problems" with herbal supplements, specifically vitex and PM. So I wanted to ask if any has any experience with taking Vitex and PM together? For those that have more experience and knowledge than I do, how would you cycle the supplements?

I know that Vitex has been clinically proven to be effective. I've bought Vitex berries and I make a strong tea out it. I take a shot of it every morning before food. Does anyone else take Vitex in this way?

I have been so inspired by your posts and the positive and supportive community on here. So, please, if you have any information or advice to share with me or if you're in the same position, yell out to me Smile Blush

Hi Bustege,

from your description it looks like you might be oestrogen dominant.
which I am as well with even lower progesterone.
I would recommend you to first balance your hormone with vital for like 2/3 months or until symptoms get better before proceeding with adding anymore oestro.

I am now done with Vitex and next cycle I will introduce milder oestro with fenugreek and fennel. I will take them day 1 to 6 and then take vitex again and start like this. I will let you know if this works.

Have you checked your cortisol level as well ? this can hinder your breast growth

You sound a lot like me! I never got body acne, but I have been battling awful cystic acne for the last 6 years. Cutting out dairy and focusing on more natural skincare along with monthly extractions/enzyme peels has really helped me... however, before I restarted nbe I would get these gross clogged pores and big cystic zits on my cheeks and jawline that my esthi said had to do with hormones whenever I would start my period.

My hubs and I started maca and I took it for a month or so before starting on other herbs. I don't take vitex, but I do use straight progesterone cream. So I do PM starting the day I start my period and continue for 14 days, then PC for the last of my cycle. I take maca, L-arginine, and msm throughout as well as massage daily which is supposed to help balance hormones. I usually have horrendous heavy periods with cramps so bad I can't move off the couch and my flow can sometimes last more than a week. This time I had cramps the first day, but none after that other than some mild back aches. Today is my third day and it is barely there. I can use a pantyliner instead of a maxi pad which is just unheard of for me. And no acne.

Sounds like me, the heavy periods etc is related to ED and the progesterone is balancing things out.

For the acne on the jawline i heard this was related to testosterone being too high...as a matter of fact, I remembered that when I stopped saw palmetto I satrtedto have this kind of acne...might be worth investigating

(24-05-2016, 10:55 PM)Neverloosehope Wrote:  Hi Bustege,

from your description it looks like you might be oestrogen dominant.
which I am as well with even lower progesterone.
I would recommend you to first balance your hormone with vital for like 2/3 months or until symptoms get better before proceeding with adding anymore oestro.

I am now done with Vitex and next cycle I will introduce milder oestro with fenugreek and fennel. I will take them day 1 to 6 and then take vitex again and start like this. I will let you know if this works.

Have you checked your cortisol level as well ? this can hinder your breast growth

Hi Neverloosehope,

Thanks so much for your reply! Honestly, I've learned more from you about hormones than I have from any of the doctors I've visited, so again, thank you! So I've done a little bit of reading about oestrogen and I think you're right. I certainly have all the symptoms. I'm still learning and I can't believe that none of the doctors I went and saw every recommended that I go have my hormone levels checked. Dodgy

I haven't every heard of Vital, is that similar to Vitex? I will certainly take you advice and will let you know how I go. Let me know how your new cycle works too Shy

I haven't checked my cortisol levels. And unfortunately I won't be able to for a while. I live rural now, after a series of unfortunate life events, so I don't have access to a doc with a lab unless I travel a long distance. I've just been crippled with insecurity and sadness from this bout of acne and the period pain. I've always been insecure about my breasts too, so I wanted to act now to help myself feel better and ultimately heal.

(25-05-2016, 03:39 PM)echapman Wrote:  You sound a lot like me! I never got body acne, but I have been battling awful cystic acne for the last 6 years. Cutting out dairy and focusing on more natural skincare along with monthly extractions/enzyme peels has really helped me... however, before I restarted nbe I would get these gross clogged pores and big cystic zits on my cheeks and jawline that my esthi said had to do with hormones whenever I would start my period.

My hubs and I started maca and I took it for a month or so before starting on other herbs. I don't take vitex, but I do use straight progesterone cream. So I do PM starting the day I start my period and continue for 14 days, then PC for the last of my cycle. I take maca, L-arginine, and msm throughout as well as massage daily which is supposed to help balance hormones. I usually have horrendous heavy periods with cramps so bad I can't move off the couch and my flow can sometimes last more than a week. This time I had cramps the first day, but none after that other than some mild back aches. Today is my third day and it is barely there. I can use a pantyliner instead of a maxi pad which is just unheard of for me. And no acne.

Hey Echapman,

Thanks so much for your reply! It's comforting to know I'm not the only one battling with these issues and to have someone to discuss them with. We really do seem similar! Hopefully this doesn't come across as creepy but I saw your picture page and we have the same shape and size "starting" breasts. Your progression photos have inspired me so much! You look awesome and I hope to mimic those results.

So did you cut out dairy completely or restrict dairy consumption? Was that the only thing you cut from your diet? I have also been using natural skin care for a few years now. I've found that -- although messy -- putting turmeric and lemon on my back eases and decreases the severity of the cystic acne I get on my back and shoulders. Do you get extractions on your back and chest? Do they scar?

Wow really? Third day just panty liner and no acne?! That's amazing! Thank you so much for letting me know about your routine! Congrats on your success with it. Once I re balance my hormones as Neverloosehope suggested, I'll try your program. I'll start documenting when I do Smile

Awww thanks! Big Grin it's good to have a boob twin on here! It gives me motivation to see girls who are shaped like me grow!

As far as the dairy goes, I just really limit it. We don't keep milk in the house and I might have cheese two or so times a week... I love cheese dip. It's an addiction. Other than that I drink soy or almond and it's helped a lot! I get extractions everywhere I have something poppable as gross as that sounds. I don't scar... And I am someone who gets keloids like crazy! Actually some of what I thought was scarring turned out to be old acne and once it was extracted it went away.

One thing I've noticed is that if I don't do my "steps" I'm more prone to breaking out. Sometimes I'm doing hair until 9 pm and some nights I come home, take off my makeup, and collapse into bed. And by steps I mean cleanse, tone, treatment, moisturize. The treatment I use is renew serum by glo-therapeutics. It's available on Amazon and it is the best thing I have ever used for acne. It will make you more sensitive to sunlight but it's worth it. I put it on my chest and everything before bed and then in the morning when I shower I wash with a washcloth to exfoliate. My face I only exfoliate every other day.

Okay so I'll definitely cut the milk out of my coffee as a start and go from there. I'll start to document my changes in that area. I can live with no dairy if it means no acne. That's good to hear that extractions haven't scarred for you, I always worried that it would leave obvious scars. When I get the chance, I'm thinking I'll have extractions done too. I imagine it's probably quite painful but again, better than having acne.

Seriously, I'm so excited to start doing your routine and I am even more excited for results. I'll keep in touch! Big Grin

I haven't been on a bike in years . . .

Hey Bustege,

Sorry for the late reply, I meant Vitex not vital - the auto-correct.
Try this, and once you feel your mood and body better overall then try with fenugreek or fennel etc

Please let me know how you get on

xx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon