Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does pm go bad in high temperatures?

I accidentally left my pm and saw palmetto in my friend's glove box yesterday when we were shopping all day. Now she's at work & I can't get ahold of her. It's not excessively hot here but it's like 78 degrees here and I'm sure her car is in the sun. Will this damage the supplements? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

(25-05-2016, 07:52 PM)daisy134 Wrote:  I accidentally left my pm and saw palmetto in my friend's glove box yesterday when we were shopping all day. Now she's at work & I can't get ahold of her. It's not excessively hot here but it's like 78 degrees here and I'm sure her car is in the sun. Will this damage the supplements? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

since it is in the glove box, and out of direct sunlight, it should not degrade via the sun, however, the possibilities of it overheating are still there.

take a whiff of it when you get it , in a few days and make sure you don't smell anything musty or moldy. Being in the glovebox itself should keep it a few degrees cooler than if it were left in back seat.

I don't think 78 degrees will degrade the medicinal properties of either the pm and saw palmetto. once you do get them back, put them in fridge for a bout ten min or so to cool them off when you get them back if they are still hot.

(25-05-2016, 08:10 PM)A Little Allelomorph Wrote:  
(25-05-2016, 07:52 PM)daisy134 Wrote:  I accidentally left my pm and saw palmetto in my friend's glove box yesterday when we were shopping all day. Now she's at work & I can't get ahold of her. It's not excessively hot here but it's like 78 degrees here and I'm sure her car is in the sun. Will this damage the supplements? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

since it is in the glove box, and out of direct sunlight, it should not degrade via the sun, however, the possibilities of it overheating are still there.

take a whiff of it when you get it , in a few days and make sure you don't smell anything musty or moldy. Being in the glovebox itself should keep it a few degrees cooler than if it were left in back seat.

I don't think 78 degrees will degrade the medicinal properties of either the pm and saw palmetto. once you do get them back, put them in fridge for a bout ten min or so to cool them off when you get them back if they are still hot.

Thank you very much, that gives me hope! I'll get them back later tonight & if they're still warm I'll put them in the fridge. That's a good idea

(25-05-2016, 08:21 PM)daisy134 Wrote:  

Thank you very much, that gives me hope! I'll get them back later tonight & if they're still warm I'll put them in the fridge. That's a good idea

I dont think its a big problem either when its only one day in a warm place..especially bc its all dried powder...and indeed its the light where they warn for the most when it comes to degrading a supplement or food.

(25-05-2016, 10:14 PM)hannah Wrote:  
(25-05-2016, 08:21 PM)daisy134 Wrote:  

I dont think its a big problem either when its only one day in a warm place..especially bc its all dried powder...and indeed its the light where they warn for the most when it comes to degrading a supplement or food.

It actually depends on the particular properties of the supplement. SOME are light sensitive, others are heat sensitive, some degrade as soon as they hit oxygen or other gases, some degrade in other ways.

Considering that PM is heat treated in its extraction process, I don't think heat is a problem unless it's VERY warm. You're talking in degrees fahrenheit, and the temperatures they use in extraction exceed hundreds in celcius. You're safe.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon