Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Since so many here have LOW THYROIDS

Lightbulb 

how do you treat that other than with the likes of Lugols or Iodoral?

whats a good source of Iodine since mine isnt dire but its certainly low...

thank you.

I'm sorry to say, I only know of Seaweed as a good source, other than supplements.
So, eat LOTS of seaweed, use Iodized salt, and supplement, until you're back to a "normal" range. IIRC, Shellfish might help, too - but google it and make sure.
(At work here, I can only do things off the top of my head.)

-Dianna

(31-05-2016, 02:08 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  I'm sorry to say, I only know of Seaweed as a good source, other than supplements.
So, eat LOTS of seaweed, use Iodized salt, and supplement, until you're back to a "normal" range. IIRC, Shellfish might help, too - but google it and make sure.
(At work here, I can only do things off the top of my head.)

-Dianna
THanks Dianna.
I heard due to global contamination from fukishima we all need additional idodine in our systems. Its a scary thought..

Hi Ellacraig,

Iodium is often incorporated in Salts (Here in Europe)
Next time you go grocery shopping,
you should check out the different kinds of Salts they sell.
Also bread is a good source, since bakers often add Iodium to the bread.

A Iodium surplus from food is well compensated by the body,
so make sure you eat enough, rather then too little

Also nuclear disasters spread 3 common radioactive elements
Iodium, caesium and strontium.
Only Iodium can be stored in the thyroid.
by taking iodium pills, you can make sure this stock only consist of 'good iodium'
But notice that this is only 1 out of 3 element that spread from such a disaster
Iodium is also the one that has the shortest half-life (8 days) out of the three
Which means that after eight days, only half of the initial amount remains, and so on.
By now, you probably do not have any radioactive iodium present in your thyroids.
The other two radioactive elements have longer 'life spans' but do not stock in any particular organ
So there are no preventive measures you can take here. Just avoid radiation?

Hope this helped a bit to soothe your worry! Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Good-State-Liquid-serving-servings/dp/B00J8U6CK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465241772&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ionic+iodine&psc=1

this is the one I got. I use it sublingual as well as in booby batter. because it is ionic, is will pass through skin as well as under tongue.

I had tried the kelp pills, but of course it takes time to digest.

I like the ionic iodine better.

Tip: if you have a hard time creating saliva, then you are perhaps low on iodine!

Thanks guys. My naturopath has me starting up again on Iodoral. Its such a high dose though... The liquid one looks great.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon