Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Calling all exercise and fitness nuts!

Heart 

Ok, so I really need some help sorting out a workout routine/exercise regimen.
My main aim is to lose weight and strengthen my upper body and core without becoming "bulky"
Here's a link to the equipment that the gym I'm joining has
http://www.thegymgroup.com/equipment/

I'd go for the running (even if for fast walking) machine and exercises with some very light dumbbells. The more you can do standing up, the better.

(30-05-2016, 03:49 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  I'd go for the running (even if for fast walking) machine and exercises with some very light dumbbells. The more you can do standing up, the better.

I'm gonna be doing the elliptical at least 45 mins.

What I need to know is how much I should be doing. Some people have suggested 3 times a week, others have suggested 5.
I don't know how much strength training I should be doing either

Start with three first and see how that goes. It's probably more important to determine the routine you can live with and actually do on a regular basis.

One caution on the strength training. Be cognizant of anything that overdevelops the core. I've focused on that too much myself prior so now I try to do more exercises off the floor (too many crunches are not really productive), and have eliminated (mostly) working with a medicine ball (although I still love those).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon